edboy

edboy's General Mute/Ban Appeal

Which platform(s) are you appealing?: discord

Discord/TS3 username (Add your tag and ID if possible):

edboy#0084

Why were you banned?: for posting a gif

Why should you be unbanned?

perm ban over a gif

Although I'm just a member here on GFL, if the staff and forum moderators don't mind, I have something to say in relevance to this situation. As far as I'm concerned, ed boy was permanently banned for posting a gif of an animation of someone on the toilet. Although I do agree that this is against the rules, the punishment is simply not a permanent ban. As a matter of fact, I actually posted the exact same gif in ttt-anarchy-general on June 21 2021. I only got a warn, at that, several hours later. Is what ed boy did wrong? Of course, it breaks the rules, however I ask that the Discord Moderators stay consistent with the precedent they set with giving me a warn. If I was given leniency for any reason whatsoever and ed boy wasn't, then ban me aswell. I see it unjust for ed boy, a long time member of this community and even former staff, get permanently banned for what I got warned for. I ask for the Discord Moderators to take this into account and unban ed boy and give a warn on his discord account. Thank You. 770802234f06d75bde1f88b11a18b1de.png (and although it doesn't exactly show what gif i posted, I'm sure Lonely, the person who rightfully warned me, can attest to what happened). 

1220477669_DirtyNapalm.png.0392f56ab3131f658f6d2af6d68aab6e.png

(Thank you @Mister Spiffy for the banner)

Achievements

I'm acknowledging the appeal and will admit there has been a brief team discussion of it leaning towards a no.  It's still being discussed and I'll tell you that I always try to champion for lenience, and so I can leave this open hoping to provide an answer soon.

A reason we have guidelines regarding who can post in appeals is apparent here.  This one issue considered is certainly minor and would at best be a warn (I agree).  All issues considered: Maybe a warn is not appropriate, but I'm personally not sure what the next step should be and when it's being too harsh.  In this case: ed boy is not someone who is on their first warn for an issue, and has recently gotten off a temp ban that was reduced in their last appeal.

0K4WhWB.png

Even in the case where someone might not have a lot history sometimes the moderators "clean" the page and so to a non-moderator it looks like nothing has gone wrong or that it was only minor.  That's why a lot of these appeals you'll see them and it looks like moderators are being tough on a minor issue, but they have the resources to see more and make a decision based on a more complete picture.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by Joshy

This ban is not out of the blue.  Ed boy has a temp ban that was reduced in June.  I'm not feeling comfortable with calling this a permanent ban (I personally prefer leniency and want you to have a chance), but the appeal does not show us any promise that you'll be good on our Discords and it seems most of the team is leaning on a no.

What I'll do for now is deny this appeal in alignment with the team decision and allow it to be revisited in 60 days from the day you were banned.  You were banned on 8/3 and so that day will be on 10/2.  Aside from making a better appeal I think it would be in your best interest to show good or positive behaviour in other parts of GFL you have access to, which I think will help make a future decision more favourable for you.

edit:

I would also like to clarify and make clear, that just because we're open to another appeal after the 60 day mark... it's not a guarantee or promise that your ban will be lifted.  We're simply allowing another appeal and open to discussion.

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152