Joshy

Splurge $$$

Is there anything you splurge your money on or want to?

I was thinking about this the other day because we bought a relatively cheap mattress after the last one I had for years.  I just can't sleep on it 😞 so we've decided...  we're just going to pay out for a really expensive and good one (and probably finance it because it's like $3000 haha).  Feels like a splurge, but I also want to sleep.

I'm sure others have gone all out on other items.  Gaming systems or their computer?  Maybe a phone?  Sporting equipment?  Items you cannot tolerate the affordable alternatives.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

A new desk will do for me. Currently already have one. In good shape but it ain't big enough for my taste.

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements

2 minutes ago, VilhjalmrF said:

A new desk will do for me. Currently already have one. In good shape but it ain't big enough for my taste.

Gosh that's item # 2 I've been thinking about.  I've been really wanting a nice standing desk.  I stopped by a store to look at some, though, and they are a lot smaller than I was expecting.

5 hours ago, Joshy said:

Gosh that's item # 2 I've been thinking about.  I've been really wanting a nice standing desk.  I stopped by a store to look at some, though, and they are a lot smaller than I was expecting.

that's the exact reason holding me from going to a standing desk, they are so tiny haha. The bigger ones are probably like double the price of the smaller ones as well.

BRADY
Former GFL Rust Admin & Discord Moderator

I've been recently looking into getting into mountain biking, I had a gravel bike when I was younger and it was fairly cheap, I mean... bikes for kids are; but now I'm looking into mountain bikes for an adult my size and jesus christ they're around £2,000~ (https://www.marinbikes.com/gb/bikes/2022-pine-mountain-2).

Before "splurging" I've opted to try and rent a few different bikes before buying one, to see if I even enjoy it as much as I remember when I was younger. Of course, what you can do with a mountain bike is different than a gravel bike too but trust me, I used that gravel bike like a mountain bike haha. 

A kilo of co-conuts

what the fuck are you looking at? I don't do GFL anymore besides the discord

Posted  Edited by TheJitFace

I would love to buy cars and get a couple of motorcycles if I had the money. 

Maybe a 08-12 BMW M3 and a 90s Toyota Tacoma. 

For bikes, I would definitely buy a Honda Grom and a BMW S1000RR. (The BMW bike would probably get me killed though)

In reality, I would have to wait until I have enough income to the point where these purchases wouldn't effect me at all. 

Edited by TheJitFace

jitticus

I have urges to buy lots of hot cheetos. That I would sometimes take the more expensive option, with a mark up of 1-2 bucks for a 1.99 chip.

I bought one of those expensive coffee + expresso machines.  I really didn’t want to get a coffee machine and a separate expresso machine…. spent like $200…. the machine is “all in one” but it has two separate power buttons and doesn’t share the same reservoir.  I should have just gotten separate machine so more flexibility over counter space.

@Joshy I am now using an extra desk (which is recently new I suppose) I had lol. Still want to buy a new one.

Average HL2RP Enjoyer.

Achievements