Name:

MutedMike

SteamID:

Punished by:

gwen

Reason for the punishment:

" misogyny isn't haha funny when nobody's laughing xoxo"

Why should your punishment be revoked?

this was my first ever anarchy mute and I'm confused as hell as to why I got muted. I ran through the last few things I said and I don't think I said anything that was even closely related to misogyny, the worst thing I said telling gwen that "the boys are talking", referring to the dead people talking at the time, and to which I retracted it cause I thought it to be mean to exclude her from speaking. It wasn't misogyny and I don't like that this is on my record considering it's false.

perfection_50.jpg.62e15c78e81618c7be49436b8df5abc9.jpg

You got gagged because, for almost an entire map, you didn't stop making off-taste jokes directly @ me (which is normally fine, we do a little trolling) but I asked you to stop and your response was "sit down gwen the men are talking". If you can't see how that's misogynistic, then stop making jokes like that.

It wasn't a false gag. If someone else wants to overrule that decision, that's their choice. 

tumblr_mqnwu5ixyN1sc4phgo1_500.gif.7be974d512d5105f5422861c8aa22d42.gif

Posted  Edited by K1P_
48 minutes ago, gwen said:

You got gagged because, for almost an entire map, you didn't stop making off-taste jokes directly @ me (which is normally fine, we do a little trolling) but I asked you to stop and your response was "sit down gwen the men are talking". If you can't see how that's misogynistic, then stop making jokes like that.

It wasn't a false gag. If someone else wants to overrule that decision, that's their choice. 

I swore I said "the boys are talking", not "the men". If I actually said "men", then I do apologize cause

A. it definitely sounds misogynistic which wasn't my intent
B. I definitely meant it in the sense of "the boys (what I call my friends which was everyone who was dead at the time, also talking at the time afaik, my memory is hazy when I don't take my medication) are talking", which was supposed to be one of those "we do a little trolling" jokes, to which I retracted it cause I didn't wanna sound too mean. I do remember saying "that's too mean nvm" after that, because my intention was adding on to the joke that "oh I hate gwen she rdms me all the time" which was being partaken in at the moment.

I didn't mean it in a misogynistic way and I apologize for phrasing it in that manner. I have no problems with you nor have I ever had any outstanding problems with you that I felt the need to insult you based on anything you are.

Edited by K1P_

1 hour ago, K1P_ said:

I swore I said "the boys are talking", not "the men". If I actually said "men", then I do apologize cause

A. it definitely sounds misogynistic which wasn't my intent
B. I definitely meant it in the sense of "the boys (what I call my friends which was everyone who was dead at the time, also talking at the time afaik, my memory is hazy when I don't take my medication) are talking", which was supposed to be one of those "we do a little trolling" jokes, to which I retracted it cause I didn't wanna sound too mean. I do remember saying "that's too mean nvm" after that, because my intention was adding on to the joke that "oh I hate gwen she rdms me all the time" which was being partaken in at the moment.

I didn't mean it in a misogynistic way and I apologize for phrasing it in that manner. I have no problems with you nor have I ever had any outstanding problems with you that I felt the need to insult you based on anything you are.

I appreciate the apology, but given the fact it was a 15 minute mute (a sentence which you served almost in its entirety before logging off), I don't see the need to remove it (nor do I want to.) I don't want to remove it because, regardless of intent, you were consistently saying shit that was hurtful ('we do a little trolling' aside, I asked you to stop.) and I responded in the manner best suited to the situation that wasn't getting angry at you. 

Something I -don't- appreciate about the apology is how late it came. If you had asked me directly and apologized for it, it wouldn't be any skin off my back, but you didn't. I'm not going to change the verdict and I'm not sorry for it. 

8 minutes ago, gwen said:

Something I -don't- appreciate about the apology is how late it came. If you had asked me directly and apologized for it, it wouldn't be any skin off my back, but you didn't. I'm not going to change the verdict and I'm not sorry for it. 

I didn't even realize I got muted in the first place until 1337 told me in general chat, I thought my mic fucked up or something at first. I made the post to figure out why I was muted in a space that is enclosed and forced upon staff to keep in their discretion. I apologized the second I figured out what happened, which was when you made the post. I don't think it's fair to say that you're "not sorry" for not taking away my appeal for my "late apology" and not "going to you directly" when, if you look in general chat, it was painfully obvious I never knew I was muted to begin with. This is an unfair stance and gives off a rude vibe.

To clarify, the reason I even appealed this in the first place was because I didn't fully understand the actions I took and looked to get a detailed and curated explanation, and that this was my first ever anarchy warn not made as a joke. Creating an appeal is a great way to fully figure out what you have done and to get the opinions of the people looking at said appeals. I never had the intention of blowing a 15 minute mute out of proportion, nor to start drama. If I gave that vibe, again, I apologize.

38 minutes ago, K1P_ said:

I don't think it's fair to say that you're "not sorry" for not taking away my appeal for my "late apology" and not "going to you directly" when, if you look in general chat, it was painfully obvious I never knew I was muted to begin with. This is an unfair stance and gives off a rude vibe.

I'm fairly certain you misunderstood here. I'm not removing the infraction because of what was said. That's where the 'gwen is being staff' ends.

As your friend, I'm not sorry because not only did the apology come late, it came on a public forum after you went to anyone but me. Which is hurtful, but that has no bearing on the appeal. That's more of an 'our personal relationship' matter.

18 minutes ago, gwen said:

As your friend, I'm not sorry because not only did the apology come late, it came on a public forum after you went to anyone but me. Which is hurtful, but that has no bearing on the appeal. That's more of an 'our personal relationship' matter.

if you check chat logs before I left during my mute (the map was community bowling btw), you can see that I left because I thought my mic wasn't working. As you can see in the picture below, I didn't even know you gave an infraction to me until ghost linked me my infraction. I didn't hear you say to stop over the people talking in vc, and that's my bad. I'll own up to that. It was just a misunderstanding and me not paying attention. I'm sorry.

didn'tknow.PNG

We can talk about friend stuff in DMs as that's where it belongs. I'm simply pointing out my point of the story, which is necessary to get the full picture over what happened, so people like ghost and haxray can understand and judge this in the best way they can.

Going to deny this appeal. Although the joke was indeed made in bad taste and both of the people involved have apologized to each other, I personally don't agree with the joke itself and it wouldn't be fair to ignore it since you're currently being treated like a regular player on the server.

1 hour ago, K1P_ said:

I made the post to figure out why I was muted in a space that is enclosed and forced upon staff to keep in their discretion.

I would also like you to be aware that mute / ban appeals are currently set up to be publicly accessible, where anyone can access them and potentially comment on them, even if they aren't supposed to. 

Achievements