z e o

z e o's CSGO Zombie Escape Mute/Ban Appeal

Steam Name(s): zeo

SteamID: STEAM_1:0:187057880

Admin that banned you: vauff

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): permban

Why should you be unbanned?

i wanna play ze again cuz i didnt play in over a year (except past 2 weeks(NOT ON GFL THATS ALTING THATS BAD)). i also wanna play on other gfl servers but cant cuz ze problemos, i never do trolling on other gamemodes. i know i did a lot but i can be clean now. im already perm restricted so i cant item troll and i know thats bad. i know usp tossing is perm ban so i wont do that also cuz thats bad. alting i cant do either cuz u made it impossible also cuz its bad so i wont do it. any other trolling that i can do i vow not to do because i dont like trolling anymore im just tryna play ze cuz its been over a year and i aint about all that rule breaking stuff that does not fly with me anymore its not cool.

Omar made a post here that was hidden due to not being admin/OP. However I'm still going to quote a few points from there, as they were articulated better than the appeal and I'd like to clear up some misconceptions within.

How is a one-week ban not an obscenely long and harsh punishment for the mere act of... tossing a pistol?

Zeo had a long punishment history at this time, there was nothing special about this trolling and it probably would've been a 30 minute ban for a new offender, this was just length stacking. However calling all this just "tossing a pistol" is disingenuous, as he was constantly buying and dropping multiple pistols to prevent anyone from picking up the item, and as Ice recently reminded me, we didn't even have our pressing E through players system in place at the time. So zeo standing on the item while spam buying/dropping pistols made it impossible to not only walk into the item, but also to E pick it.

for a round that has already been declared as a lost cause by the Human CT team, for a map where the items are so weak so as to not pose any significant impact on the round's outcome.

I obviously remember very little specifics of the day by now, but looking back on Discord logs the reason I was even spectating him was because other people had complained to me he was doing this in previous rounds, so this was not a one off on an already lost round. And the items not being super important doesn't make this ok, he is still trolling by blocking usage of map items as intended, something that should not even be possible while ebanned.

Therefore, the circumstances that led up to Zeo's perm are unjust, marking any further punishments since (specifically, for utilizing alt accounts) as invalid.

This is just silly, evading a punishment is against our rules even if the punishment is unjust, the proper avenue for dealing with this is the appeal system. Letting people believe evading is ok if they think their punishment is unjust would pretty obviously be a big problem.

As for your appeal itself, you seem apologetic and all, but this isn't the first time we've been through this song and dance. Back after your first permanent ban, I remember frequently messaging with you as you inquired about when a good time to appeal your ban would be. Eventually you did get this unban, and you were on good behaviour for the time shortly after. However, this did not stick, and you received 2 separate bans for spam buying pistols while camping an item to prevent people picking it up. It should've even only been one perm ban according to your unban conditions, but that 1st ban just serves now as even more proof you knew this was bad and weren't listening to admins.

How can we know things are going to be any different this time? We gave you a second chance in a very similar context as this and it bit us in the ass. Not to mention the use of alt accounts you started back up after this ban, after already swearing it off to me when we were talking about the possibility of your first unban.

well this time i mainly wanna be unbanned for kz, ze just a bonus. last time i was still doing the same trolling stuff close to the time of unban but now i rarely play let alone troll also. usp tossing was something i thought i could get away with at the time but now its pretty clear that there is nothing i can do, or want to do

• 1 month later...