catholic

catholic's Surf Timer Mute/Ban Appeal

Steam Name(s): Devout Catholic

SteamID: STEAM_1:0:211060738

Admin that banned you: bendy

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): Server

Why should you be unbanned?

I have no idea why I was banned in the first place. Why exactly is it too hard to tell me in Discord why? That makes no fucking sense. The reason on source bans is "false accusations"... Whatever the fuck that could mean, I have no idea.

Posted  Edited by Dini

Yeah, uh false accusing anyone on the surf servers whether it be staff or players is a cringe thing to do. Anyone that likes to spread false accusations towards anyone is a one way ticket off any of the surf servers. 

18EC0E25-CDF6-4B59-A4E0-95892F3957A8.jpeg

Edited by Dini

Posted  Edited by catholic - Edit Reason: Added

I completely understand, and honestly if you want to keep the ban as a perm its within your right to.

Edit: False accusation should mean I was lying. It is has and is happening. As gross as it is. Also wasn't directed at any member or user.  There is a problem with bans like this if its taken out of context of a joke or the server in the moment. I do understand the ban and am fully expecting it to remain perm. However, having "false accusation" is wrong when its not directed at anyone and if I was talking about the server (I wasn't) its not false. Not a dig at you or any of the admin team.

Edited by catholic
Added

Again, no disrespect towards the team when I say this because I really do enjoy the servers, fuck, I put so many hours in daily to them. GFL is known in the  community for 1 thing and 1 thing only. It's an on-going joke with people on the server. Of course, you wont find it funny and wont care to ban every single user that has said anything about it though. 

I was not directing it at anyone at all. Again, its been a running joke on the server since I very first joined. I do understand that having this shit said about the server is not the best of looks, but I'm not the one that started it, or the users on the server/servers that started it. If you want to keep me banned, its good. But start going back through the logs/vc and get everyone because even admins aren't shy to the fact that the server is known for it. I'm not directing it at anyone by saying this, but from an outside view its  what's been happing.

At the end of the day, it is what it is. However, your admin team better be held accountable for their actions too. Just go on an alt and ask randoms how they feel/what they know. It might help you in the future to clean up the GFL image from the outside.

Posted  Edited by Dini

“Running joke” no, that is not something you joke about at all as that is a huge ass fucking accusation against people. As for the “your admin team should be held accountable” bit, I asked bendy directly to perm ban you as I’m dealing with hurricane issues etc and am not able to. 

Also you saying “GFL is known for 1 thing and 1 thing only” is bad as you listen to people that state things that you repeat back on the servers, when it’s obvious not something you should joke about. Thanks for playing on the servers, you will never be unbanned. Appreciate you being honest but yeah.. These are accusations and completely false and anyone else that wants to spread bullshit accusations will never be welcome to the servers. I’d gladly get these people cross banned across other surf servers as well outside of GFL

Edited by Dini