Joshy

Spiders - Do you save them or kill them?

Do you kill spiders that are inside of your home  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Do you kill spiders that are inside of your home

• Yes
    • No
    • It depends (what kind of spider, how big, in hard to catch area?)

We had a spider in the kitchen this morning.

I super hate killing anything even flies I feel like it's not their fault that they are bugs (sometimes creepy ones), but also notice that a lot of people kill them anyways maybe it's easier or they feel too threatened.  I have killed them if I thought they were dangerous like a black widow or it was moving to fast towards something like my bed or cloths in the closet (too hard to find them later and I would lose substantial amount of sleep), but that is very rare and I will mostly go through great lengths to save them.  It took me a lot of work to get this one out since it ran fast and was kind of seemingly nervous/jumpy; kept hiding back between napkins that were on the table and I know exactly what's going to happen if I pick up a napkin (please jump onto me).  I first caught it with a microwave cover and then slowly worked it to a small container so I could more easily get it out.  Anyhow it was a very amusing morning.

RVQ3cfk.jpg

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by Grandayen

I just purchased a very unethical spider killer spray. I am very scared of spiders, it is not my fault. If I didn't have a paralyzing fear of them, I'd love to just take them outside. I only kill them when I'm alone and no one else can save me lol

Edited by Grandayen

🤨

Posted  Edited by Shuruia

I think insects are super cool, but I'm terrified of spiders. Spiders are also vastly overrated for keeping insects out of your home, so I don't really take that into consideration. I used to not kill spiders for religious reasons, but that's not the case anymore. Nowadays I squash them or use bug spray on them more often than not. I previously just put spiders outside until I realised that they simply come straight back in if you do that. If I see a small spider in my home, I might be able to tolerate it living in some dark corner. Big spiders get the boot, unfortunately.

I can easily tolerate the occasional fly, moth, or beetle until they're annoying enough (like constantly landing on my monitor) for me to spend time getting rid of them.

Edited by Shuruia

Pt5iuHl.png

I won't take a photo—I'll tell it through words.

Achievements

I just walk around them. They are more scared of me than I am of them, they can't do jack shit to me. Then again, here (Aus) we have whitetails, redbacks and trapdoors so I really should be more cautious

There are so many where I currently live, that if I don't they might amass a militia and try to kill us. It's either us or them; you best bet we're going to come out on top even if it means drawing white phosphorous from the ASP.

Why spend 20 minutes doing something tedious when you can spend 2 hours failing to automate it instead?

• 1 month later...