ll

Can you add demo archive

Can you please add demo archive that we can refer to when we suspect admin overstepping their powers, but need to provide evidence before reporting that. For example, this Aleister dude is gaging people for "vote influencing", just because he didn't like the map that got voted, while his PSE buddies were spamming chat for the other option. I have partial evidence, but can't complete the report because I wasn't recording so maybe I missed something? I know that source servers have these demo archives for such occasions, wondering if it's doable for GFL as well

Posted  Edited by lce

Just use shadowplay or OBS's replay buffer to constantly record the past 5-10 minutes to your RAM (assuming your computer can handle it), and then if anything needs to be recorded, you just press save to create a video file on your drive. As long as you can remember to press save within a couple minutes of the occurrence, it means you don't have to worry about turning on/off recordings to save space and that this can always be left on.

As for making the server constantly save demos, it would just waste quite a bit of server processing power and file space. Considering we already don't have certain plugins, such as !hide, due to them using laggy functions such as SetTransmit, I don't see Snowy or Vauff wanting to enable something else that would just eat up server resources like demo recording.

Edited by lce

Posted  Edited by Mousetrap_
3 hours ago, lce said:

Just use shadowplay or OBS's replay buffer to constantly record the past 5-10 minutes to your RAM

Meh, having to do extra setup or constantly record, not worth the effort. Besides, you can't really expect players to all follow this setup. The idea is to not worry about this stuff, but have a demo available for dl just in case, for resolving controversies across views. Pretty sure having these around would've been useful in many situations

Edited by Mousetrap_

Uhm all you writing here was obviously a lie because it wasnt a gag it was a mute. I only mute anthoky for 15 minutes because he was the leader on ze meatropolis. On text chat since when i gag someone for vote influence? If you think i'm lying ask the higher ups. You were so mad at me because the lose the round and attacking me with racial slurs. On text chat you can do ofc while map voting but on voice chat no.

57 minutes ago, Aleister said:

You were so mad at me because the lose the round and attacking me with racial slurs.

Maybe stop acting like one and I will not call you that. It wasn't because we lost the round, it was because you refused to slay for last round, letting people delay for 30 seconds in already lost round, when we were close to winning the map prior to that, and despite asking you to do so. You just sat quietly and decided to ignore the messages, until you saw the one you didn't like.

1 hour ago, Aleister said:

On text chat you can do ofc while map voting but on voice chat no.

Good to know that the vote influencing rules don't apply to chat. Will definitely remember to quote that in the future. 

it wasnt a gag it was a mute. I only mute anthoky for 15 minutes because he was the leader

My bad, a mute, not a gag. Only for 15 minutes, seems perfectly reasonable, also who needs a leader. What about you trying to vote influence seconds before the vote, asking people to vote "otakuroom/onahole" if they see it. I am sure that doesn't count towards vote influence, when admin is asking people to vote a map. Also those map choices, seriously.

since when i gag someone for vote influence?

I don't play during your time zone, so I haven't really monitored your actions in depth, but in the few occurrences you just pulled the hammer on the spot. You clearly don't care about giving a warning. Check your source ban record (https://sourcebans.gflclan.com/index.php?p=commslist&advSearch=988&advType=admin). In the past week you've issued 21 mutes/gags, while your total play time on the server was 7h (https://www.gametracker.com/player/Aleister/216.52.148.47:27015/), half of which don't even have a reason (you didn't even care to provide one, just get that guy muted and get done with it).

----

In either case, I can't prove this because of the lack of demos (it's my word against the word of an admin, wondering which one will prevail without actual demo). This is where having a demo archive would be extremely useful.

So whats the point for you now? Do you want that i get banned from server or just remove the gags/mutes from your friends? 

1. Before map vote you can ofc say a map which you want or type on text chat while map voting, everyone is allowed to do it. So thats ok. As i said only on voice chat while map voting no, even when i'm on.

2. I can't play 24/7 on the server because i have to work. I'm only on Asian/European hours avaiable. About the SB yes some of them havent reasons, because depends on the previous mutes/gags. If they caught from me or other admins for whatever reason or the same player with the same reason, sometimes we don't need to warn them or give a reason. But well if you want with reason for mutes/gags then i will do it from now on.

Stop stacking extended restrictions for every minor offense. Cooperate with players, give warnings, help beating the maps, don't act like a tyrant. You decided to stay silent and let delayers kill time instead of slaying for last round, you muted the map leader for nothing basically. 

Posted  Edited by Aleister

Unfortunely that would not always happen like that. Hmm, where should i start:

1 hour ago, Mousetrap_ said:

Stop stacking extended restrictions for every minor offense

Depends on players with/without previous comms/bans. Players who has already previous mutes/gags or bans for the same or whatever reason from me or other admins, their mutes/gags and bans will stack.  Thats normal.

Cooperate with players, give warnings, help beating the maps, don't act like a tyrant.  

Depending on maps. On troll maps like Mars, platformer or even on all Atix map thats fine. About warnings i check on SB if its a new player or not + i warn them on Voice chat as always. Since when i am a tyrant? Everyone know i am a weeb.

Here is an example:

atago-azur-lane.gif

You decided to stay silent and let delayers kill time instead of slaying for last round, you muted the map leader for nothing basically. 

You are the one who wants to insta slay. Anyway if you or others want to slay, then i have to do the voteslay 1st. Sometimes instaslay for some reason if necessasary.

I´m not the only one who mutes the leader cause vote influencing but i learned from other admins and higher ups so thats not my fault.

Thats all what i can say i already told you everything. All in all i try to do my best as i can to make the server peaceful and happy (especially turn all players into beautiful weebs for me).

But when a rulebreaker no matter if he is new or an old ze player who is breaking rules then they will get punishment for whatever reason. I know how they feel but unfortunely rules are rules.

Edited by Aleister