Infra

A minor note about today's maintenance.

Today's emergency maintenance was to fix an issue that has been on the servers for quite a while now - a couple of issues with how prestrafing feels on GFL. I'm sure some of you know what I'm referring to here, but if you don't, just know there were some fucky things happening with our prestrafe plugins. It is no secret GFL has a unique feel when it comes to prestrafing, a few people dislike it, but majority like how casual and easy it feels. This experience is something we have offered right from back when we hosted Surf servers in 2016, and is an experience we still offer to this day.

However, lately due to some updates and other factors, the custom prestrafe plugin used since 2016 started conflicting with some core movement plugins - resulting in some serious fuckiness occurring. The biggest issue we faced with this is that our custom prestrafe plugin was made several years ago, and the source code has been lost for years, making fixing it borderline impossible. I even reached out to the original author to see if they could recover it, but to no avail. Decompiling didn't help either, because we couldn't pull the values we needed from the plugin. Ultimately, we were left in a situation with no options except to look for an entirely different solution.

Today, we have taken this very old custom prestrafe plugin off the servers and instead introduced a few changes that help make things feel about the same. Majority of players (i.e anyone below Top 50) will not see or feel even a slight difference, so don't worry! For those of you that are veterans at the game, you may feel that prestrafing now feels a lot closer to the standard experience that you feel on most other servers, with some GFL mixed in.

Thanks for playing, feel free to get in touch with any questions or doubts.

https://discord.gg/gfl

Discord: Infra#0001 | Steam: /id/infra- | GitHub: /1zc

Executive Director & CS:GO Division Leader          

Server Manager of CS:GO KZ

image_10.png