Ember The Flareon

Pirate rule request

Would it be possible to say that simply holding the contract is not a KOS-able act and that if you kill someone purely because you see them holding the contract, you have the right to report them?

Multiple times I have seen players kill someone else solely because they were holding the contract. They don't give any time to explain why they have it. I myself have been killed for holding it, despite being an innocent role.

You can't really kill the Contract Holder if they have done nothing traitorous.

However, this does not exclude claiming Pirate and not giving out the contract. Anyone can kill you for it.

I'd also push heavily for a Neutral and Neutral Evil rule clarification.

It's entirely unfair that Pirates and Mimics can just decide to RDM randomly and get away with it entirely. It legitimately makes the roles unfun to play with. If you can't code in a way to stop them from RDMing when not on a team, then they need a rule that says they can't just kill freely. 
If they can't win on their own they shouldn't be able to kill without consequence.

10 hours ago, Ember The Flareon said:

I'd also push heavily for a Neutral and Neutral Evil rule clarification.

It's entirely unfair that Pirates and Mimics can just decide to RDM randomly and get away with it entirely. It legitimately makes the roles unfun to play with. If you can't code in a way to stop them from RDMing when not on a team, then they need a rule that says they can't just kill freely. 
If they can't win on their own they shouldn't be able to kill without consequence.

When pirate was first introduced people didn't really play it the way they do now. They kinda just looked for a contract holder and gave them the contract. Now you just get 2/3mins of RDM then a thrown contract and its the most boring thing ever. Pirate as it stands is a scuffed role whose only purpose is to tag off a couple of RDMs then change team. Super boring, super uninteresting. Pirates are just Jackal 2 until they're caught. Plus when you're a pirate and your captain refuses to give anyone the contract just so he can RDM without consequences that is super super boring. 

We can close this now, actually. I sent Haxray a fix that sets the pirate team to have reduced damage when they aren't allied.

As far as killing simply for holding it after picking it up, I would say it falls under the claimable weapon rule. If you claim it you can't be killed just for holding it.