Marshalmaniac

marshalmaniac's TTT Rotation Mute/Ban Appeal

Name: Marshalmaniac

Steam ID (or steam profile link): STEAM_0:1:119979431

Banned by: Duck

Ban Reason: Mass RDM of T buddies via jihad

Why should you be unbanned

I did not think clearly and I was careless, I'll admit that. I got trigger happy and failed to consider the range of the jihad coupled with my T buddies being in close proximity of it. I was hoping to score a huge kill and potential victory for my team only to UNO Reverse it and single handedly screw it up. I'll be sure to look at my surroundings carefully in the future before going out with a literal bang.

I'm a total wild card.

Hello Marsh,

Understanding the circumstances surrounding your ban, I do feel this is more opted as an unban (personally speaking). However, I would like to address some situations about recent actions that haven't necessarily gone too far but could be if not brought to light:

Calling out jihads:

Generally speaking, you tend to jihad at the start of round for some quick picks at the beginning of the game. However, sometimes you aren't careful enough of T buddies that are nearby. Often these players either laugh it off and ignore, or report, as well as the fact that it may be one or two T's. Unfortunately in this case, it seemed to have been three T's (although only two reported, with one forgiving; the one who didn't report being the banning admin and didn't mind about the RDM). Going forward, I would make sure to call out if you're going to jihad to your T buddies or to give efficient warning. Or also maybe hold off jihading before you're sure that no other T buddies are nearby.

Calling out T traps:

Similarly to the jihad issue, you do tend to set off T traps without letting the other Traitors know who may unfortunately be near the vicinity of the affected area. Sometimes it is at the beginning, sometimes not. But you definitely wanna make sure you let your T buddies know that you'll be setting off traps otherwise it hinders you during the round and it affects their experience on the server as well. 

Running into Incins on purpose:

This issue has kind of started up recently I noticed, but I highly would avoid doing this at all costs. Yes, as innos it's avoided to throw random incins because it may hurt others unreasonably, but that doesn't mean you should bake in the person's aforementioned incin to potentially lower their karma. That's considerably karmabaiting as stated in the rules, where you're making someone lose karma for doing something that you know will get you killed. Similar to the defusing max timer c4s armed by innos and getting people mass banned situation, it's basically the same thing, only on a smaller scale. So don't do that. A lot of time an admin is on, and if the person throwing random incins does happen to accidentally kill someone, proper punishment will be served. 

Activating bomb bodies deliberately:

It was only once, but I'll address it for others to take note. IF people know that the body is clearly a bomb body, yet you activate it on purpose in a crowd, I would still consider that somewhat RDM. Despite all the kills being attributed to the traitor, it was your decision to explode everyone in the vicinity. It's like carrying an explosive barrel towards someone, except you actually got to land a shot on the person carrying instead of exploding the barrel that they're tryna kill you with. Thank god everyone during that moment knows how to have fun, and I had already previously warned you about it after it happened (Also if you're carrying bomb bodies towards people, that is also like karmabaiting and still arguably RDM with purposely exploding it on another person). So going forward, please avoid doing that unless maybe you know carrying/exploding one won't get you in trouble (like you're chasing a confirmed traitor with it and exploding it on them, I'd feel is a justified kill).

There are some other more general things but most of them are kind of in general stuff like blatant RDM or whatnot, which you know you shouldn't do and have been warned/slain for (generally many people are alright with it happening to them from what I've seen and have not reported/forgiven after it happened).

Although I don't necessarily think you are intending to always kill your T buddies or whatnot, it is considerably still consistent RDM on T round. The other stuff I've seen through smaller fun instances that haven't really upset many, but are still concerning to see from my perspective. However understanding your previous behavior on Vanilla, I do think it is a step up in the right direction. So make sure to keep these things in mind playing, so everyone can have a good time. Other than that, it's up to a Senior Admin to decide what will happen with this appeal.

My main issue is that this is constant, it's happening often and nothing is changing. Change needs to happen. I don't care whether or not you get unbanned but you need to start thinking of the consequences of your actions and not just act "because its funny". What's funny for you ruins others rounds. Think on that. I would've thought you'd learn based off your multiple bans on Vanilla.

Achievements

Both of you make fair points, if you want to remove my ban early or if I have ride it out I'll leave that to you.

My only point I will make here is regarding the bomb body, that instance I had no clue the body was a bomb, I thought someone got a case of Mystaldism and was intentionally carrying and not IDing the body so I decided to ID it.

Carrying an unIDed body and failing to ID it should be KOSable on the spot in my opinion.

I'm a total wild card.

Posted  Edited by BraeLyn2212

Appeal denied and probably reached length already. Please be more careful.

Edited by BraeLyn2212

Best wishes,

GayLyn