Vanya

Event #248 -- "The 'Superior' Version"

Event Overview:

Hello everyone!

For this event, courtesy of CS:S's favorite Mr. Cakez we'll be taking a look at something known in ZE lingo as "the superior versions" of maps. Did you know that the best version of a map sometimes isn't the latest, and sometimes it is? Sometimes a map maker decides to change something completely and often time these older different versions of maps get lost in time forever, but we here at GFL CS:S believe in preservation of older maps (as can be shown by how I have most ancient versions of Isengard). So for this week we'll be taking a look at both examples of nice versions of maps, old and new!

For this event we'll be playing:

Server IP:

• 92.119.148.14:27015
  • steam://connect/92.119.148.14:27015

Time for the event:

• Saturday September 25th @ 4:00PM CDT.
To check at which time the event is for you, check this website to give you an idea.
PLEASE REFER TO THE TIME LISTED IN THE STEAM GROUP AS THE ABSOLUTE TIME AT WHICH THE EVENT STARTS!
Notice:

Special Kickers:

• During Icecap, our only main weapons will be snipers.

• During Predator, we'll be playing with our trademarked Classic GFL settings. (800 ammo)

• Last but not least, on Silent Hill we'll be attempting to win the map at 8 floors.

VIP Rewards:

• Winners of any two maps will be going home with one week of big V.I.P.! (Winning either ending of Silent Hill, should we attempt to win both will count as winning the map)
  • Winners of all maps will be going home with two weeks of big V.I.P.!
Rules:
  • This event will be of tryhard but mostly chill nature, micspamming / off-topic is allowed so long as it's not overshadowing / overly spammy.
  • Regular server rules will apply for this event as usual.
  • Sitting in spec unless you're a spectating admin is not allowed.
  • Icecap will be played for 45 minutes maximum. Skyrim and Predator will be played for 80 minutes maximum. Silent Hill will be played for 120 minutes.
Leaders:
  • Any willing one.
See you on the weekend, and good luck!