MysteryBox

VIP skins should be revamped

It seems like the Supporter skins on the server are better than the VIP skins.  Since VIP is more expensive than Supporter, this does not make sense.  I (and many others) believe that we should update the VIP skins as many of them do not look good/go largely unused.  For example, I think I've seen maybe 2 people use any of the VIP skins.  Most people who donate for a rank end up picking a Supporter tier skin.  I think this proves that the VIP skin selection could use an update.

One immediate idea I had is to make Banana Joe a permanent VIP skin (as it's already on the server), and swap out the other current VIP skins over time for ones that the community thinks look better/will actually be utilized.  I'm sure there is a catalogue of skins that we can pull from, and perhaps we can have the community vote on a few options from a larger batch to add.

Would be good to get some more opinions on this.

Posted  Edited by Longus Dongus

there is a particular need for trollge (aka ujel) i'd say 

think of all the benefits:

1) small filesize

2) he is a stickman, so no one can complain about not having transparency, you can see through him

3) funny

image.thumb.png.3de5b6e33f4bc8e21025ec6863031774.png

Edited by Longus Dongus

The previous skin swap (and future ones) are decided based on newly collected usage statistics for each skin. So if this is truly a problem, I expect it to sort itself out with what we're already doing.

Unfortunately, there is no reliable statistics I can really use at the moment. This is because ZR stores the selected class as a class index, and these have been shifting a ton the past few weeks as we removed/readded models for crash debugging. So many people may have models equipped they did not actually select.

@Vauff makes sense on the stats - sounds like we need to give it some more time to re-collect once the current skins are more permanently indexed.

I think I was more so talking about how we select the new skins.  Is there some sort of nomination/voting procedure that we can do?  I think if you/the managers presented a larger batch of say 10-15 skins and had people vote on the ones they wanted to add, that would be a great solution.  Not sure how the previous skin swap was done, but just an idea.

Posted  Edited by Loccstan

@Vauff Have you seen the monkey skin from Ghostcap before? I believe it would make a great addition as a vip skin for GFL. It accurately reflects the style of ze that many players like to play. 🙂 

mqdefault_6s.webp?du=3000&sqp=CLb084sG&r

Edited by Loccstan

asdf

Posted  Edited by GXP-10
On 10/30/2021 at 2:59 PM, Loccstan said:

@Vauff Have you seen the monkey skin from Ghostcap before? I believe it would make a great addition as a vip skin for GFL. It accurately reflects the style of ze that many players like to play. 🙂 

mqdefault_6s.webp?du=3000&sqp=CLb084sG&r

ew disgusting, don't ever mention [REDACTED] here
isn't there an any better example? 
mine I want 2B skin because many people would like it and it's not even an anime (but still weeb) skin lol.
but Vauff and Snowy wants to squeezed out every fps and download times as much as possible, so yea I rather want stable server more than skin.

Edited by GXP-10

any luff maps -> ff maps -> random tryhard maps -> tryhard laser maps that isn't ff or irrelevant ff maps -> random tryhard map -> mars_escape -> atix_panic -> any surf maps -> crazy_escape -> atix apocalypse -> minas tirith -> random casual maps -> shroomforest 123 -> platformer -> repeat