Auralanity's Mute/Ban Appeal for CWRP

Posted  Edited by Auralanity - Edit Reason: woah i cant read apparently

My in-game name: Auralanity

My SteamID: STEAM_0:1:80014447

Reason: Harassment

Admin: DaPainWayne

Why this should be revoked:

Week Ban for "Harassment"

Well first of all, I was NEVER contacted about this ban or formerly WARNED for before this. As per the punishment guidelines, there is a WARN before the week ban, and I received no type of official warning before this. No staff sit, no tping of staff member, no discord message. Nothing. Not even a official warn, either.

And RMC Browning received no type of punishment either for this. And in case you don't believe me, here is his Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:92301214. 

Though I do admit there was verbal warnings given before this, but I'll get into this later. And might I add, I was NEVER contacted about this ban or about it being done.

And might I add, I was NEVER contacted about this ban or about it being done. I had to learn that I got banned from a third party. 

Anyways...

Part 1 (Yesterday)

Me and Browning were talking in OOC chat about something, I forgot what (You can check logs for this because I really don't remember). We were told to stop by DaPainWayne and Trail, and we did. Fast forward a couple of minutes and it got brought up again, we talked, then we stopped after DaPainWayne asked. That's it. I have absolutely no idea how this constitutes as harassment when we were having a conversation saying that we were both COMFORTABLE and CONSENTED with the context. What's funny though is that Browning was worried that I would be too uncomfortable, not the other way around. This is due to Browning calling me Goth RMC over and over again. Yet, he got no punishment for that. Granted, I really don't care if he says this. If anything, I find it really funny. 

I also would like to mention I confirmed with Browning that he was comfortable DURING and AFTER the conversation, I have the Discord DM's to prove it. Please DM me on Discord to get the screenshots because I won't be posting them here. 

Might I add that
RMC Browning never received a warning OR a ban for this situation, either. Even though apparently we were "harassing" each other? I mean, really? Again, I don't want him to get punished for this, either. I am simply pointing out the other parties involved got no punishment except for me. 

Part 2 (Today)

So, AGAIN, what I heard from a third party regarding the reason is that involving my egg plant bacta grenade. And if you are wondering, why do I have this, I honestly think it's kind of funny. I get a bunch of laughs by just showing it and putting it back, and I never keep it out for too long. I mean, I even showed it to multiple staff members who got laughs out of it. In addition, I got permission before hand by the previous server manager, Harakoni, to use this as long as I didn't do ERP with it (like I need to spell this out to you, lol). Though, I do admit I probably should have asked Grand and Kwehs if it was still alright to use it. 

Anyways, we were having a conversation in MHB with one Shock and ARC Heavy, and they were acting cute in the way that couples would talk to each other. So I asked if they were dating, and they said that's a weird question to ask and shouldn't be asking that. I stopped and dropped the subject and then (I don't remember how this got brought up since I literally thought nothing of this interaction) d*cks got brought up. I said "what do you think of this" and I pulled my egg plant bacta grenade out and then the shock was describing it as "too small and unimpressive". I laughed, (I think I said good one) then put the egg plant away. Nothing else happened there. I honestly don't remember most of this conversation because I literally thought nothing of it. But I definitely do remember those parts and how the shock was describing it being too small and stuff. And that was the only instance of me ever pulling it out TODAY. Whatever is being accused of me here is a complete LIE, like "walking up to people and asking if the egg plant is relatable" is complete bullshit. I never did that, this was the only time I ever pulled out the egg plant today and that's IT. 

The SHOCK was describing it, not me. I need to make this VERY clear. 

Again, I wont give out the shock's name because I am not trying to place the blame on anyone. I am merely telling the context for this ban. 

Ending Notes

I honestly have no idea why I got banned for these two SEPERATE instances. I get it if the second instance that you wanted to ban me for ERP and/or Vulgar Language for having the pac and encouraging the conversation, and that would be completely valid and I would take that gracefully. But for this to be named a HARRASSMENT ban when I literally didn't harass ANYONE and we (me and browning) both were okay with the conversations at hand and we stopped when staff members told us to stop. And, that these two situations occurred on different days, had different context, had different people, and would be classified as two different bans. 

As much as I like joking around, I really do believe this ban is out of left field, especially without any type of official staff sit, warning, discord message, etc. Literally zero messages from staff members regarding this, and we jump into a week ban. The only "warning" I got was to verbal stop in OOC by
DaPainWayne, and, that's it. The only other ban I have is for ERP; but, this is a really misleading name. Considering that at the time, vulgar language was considered ERP. Moreover, due to my ban, this caused a guideline change (lucky me~!). This is my FIRST OFFENCE of any type of harassment. I have a clean record before this regarding harassment type bans. 

Though I will say that after this entire ordeal, the bacta grenade is becoming a pumpkin since I really don't want to be blamed for stuff I didn't do or say.

Thanks for reading this ban appeal,

Auralanity

Edited by Auralanity
woah i cant read apparently

de247ln-88ce2fb2-8f7c-4f43-b129-1e2919f9

I would like to start off by apologizing for not sending you a message informing you of the ban. After consideration, it was wrong on my part. This situation was reported to me moments after you had disconnected this afternoon, and you were offline when I pushed the ban through. You are correct, that you should have been informed.

Continuing, part of your explanation is not lining up with the stories I've either heard, were reported, or witnessed myself. I would like to begin with today's occurrence, since ultimately this is what prompted the ban. It was reported to me that, as you've said, you walked up to a SHOCK trooper and another player (specifics were not provided to me, however you say it was an ARC Heavy), and made a comment asking them if they are dating. As reported to me, you then proceeded to pull out your grenade, which was PAC edited to an enlarged eggplant, and asked the players "Do you guys think this is relatable?" Again, this is what was reported to me. The players then walked away from you, avoiding any continuation of the conversation. The player told me that they felt weird about the comment, hence them walking away. They originally reported it to me as ERP with PAC abuse, which personally I didn't fully agree with the ERP standpoint being that there was no attempted action on your part. The players state they wanted nothing to do with the conversation, contributed nothing to provoke it, and that you had made the comments regarding the PAC, which contradicts your claim.

As for the events yesterday, I want to start off by saying I should have dealt with it then, but was dealing with some things IRL and was not in the right mindset to deal with it then, and I failed to ask any other admins to do so. As you have stated, it was between you and Browning in OOC chat. The context, same as you, I forget the specifics of, and it is proving to be quite difficult to find it in our logs. However, what transpired in OOC did not appear to be a friendly conversation. From my point of view, it seemed more like an argument, that you originated, and seemed to want to get a rise out of Browning. You were asked to stop multiple times by both myself and another admin online (you state it was Trail, just personally I don't remember). After our first requests that you stop, you did continue on, prompting us to ask again, to which I believe you stopped then. With the continuation, I don't believe Browning continued after our first request, to my knowledge you continued yourself in OOC until our second requests. Then, as I was spectating a player who was nearby you, Browning was walking past you that I saw, and you made another comment in voice chat pertaining to the topic in OOC and laughed at Browning, before walking away. I believe there was a briefing called, which everyone was making their way to. The issue I had here, is that you were asked multiple times to drop the issue, yet you seemed to disregard our requests and wanted to continue the argument. Now again, this issue was yesterday, and I should have dealt with it then, and it is my mistake that I did not. (If you have the screenshots of your conversation in discord, please send them to me, as this does bear relevance to my standpoint)

The reason why yesterday's occurrence tied into the ban today, is because you have shown a trend of arrogance towards others in the past. You have no formal punishments for this behavior, correct. However, that doesn't mean you don't act this way. There were a few admins I talked to today (I will not provide names) who also agreed that you have had borderline interactions with the player base prior to this, however either nothing was enough to act on, or it slipped through the cracks. You are correct that you have a clean record, but that doesn't mean a clean act. In my opinion, these instances show a trend that constitute harassment. My hope from this ban, is that you realize part of your behavior should change to avoid these circumstances. Harassment isn't always a one time thing, with one player. Harassment, in my opinion, is also something observed over a longer period of time that can pertain to either a singular person or group of people. 

I would also like to point out that the server guidelines do not call for a warn prior to a ban for harassment. The guidelines outline it as a Warn AND a Week Ban, as we use the warn to track infractions while in game rather than having to look online. I did not talk to you prior to the ban because, as stated before, you had just gone offline when today's incident was reported to me. 

GFX1.thumb.png.c5c5371c03240785be325143d4584c4a.png

(Signature credit to @Clavers)

It's me, RMC Browning, creator of GOTH RMC joke.

Like she said, we're ok to talking this dumb stuff to each other and we stop when staff says to. And is really off if the GOTH RMC joke is such a nono when the 501st joke about their femboy weebs themselves. The joke is just GOTH RMC because of her mostly black and purple with a witch hat pac, just that, never even put GF in it.

About the topic it was about 501st having femboys and femboy weaboos and RMC being the superior one with Mommy Shaak Ti and GOTH RMC. I don't remember the rest tho, it was a whole bunch talking stupid stuff like that and I stopped because hey, I already got a warning for talking shit.

I'm ok with her talking like that and don't care. No harassment there.

I can't say anything about the other accusations tho. But come on Wayne, ease up on the banhammer gee.

One screenshot from myself below, cheers.

image.png

"If I can't revive or heal you, I'll kill for you." - one of the RMC textbooks i think

Posted  Edited by Auralanity - Edit Reason: wow memory go brrrr

Short and sweet response to this to contest some points.

Again, this ban is out of left field for me. I was barely on the server yesterday, for like 30 minutes, and for 2 hours today (which mostly was in the morning). 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

40 minutes ago, DaPainWayne said:

I would like to start off by apologizing for not sending you a message informing you of the ban. After consideration, it was wrong on my part. This situation was reported to me moments after you had disconnected this afternoon, and you were offline when I pushed the ban through. You are correct, that you should have been informed.

• Thank you for acknowledging this. Having to learn this from a third party made me think they were joking with me. I honestly thought they were messing with me until I attempted to join the server and then saw the ban.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Continuing, part of your explanation is not lining up with the stories I've either heard, were reported, or witnessed myself. I would like to begin with today's occurrence, since ultimately this is what prompted the ban. It was reported to me that, as you've said, you walked up to a SHOCK trooper and another player (specifics were not provided to me, however you say it was an ARC Heavy), and made a comment asking them if they are dating. As reported to me, you then proceeded to pull out your grenade, which was PAC edited to an enlarged eggplant, and asked the players "Do you guys think this is relatable?" Again, this is what was reported to me. The players then walked away from you, avoiding any continuation of the conversation. The player told me that they felt weird about the comment, hence them walking away. They originally reported it to me as ERP with PAC abuse, which personally I didn't fully agree with the ERP standpoint being that there was no attempted action on your part. The players state they wanted nothing to do with the conversation, contributed nothing to provoke it, and that you had made the comments regarding the PAC, which contradicts your claim.

• I don't know WHO misconstrued the conversation THAT MUCH but I didn't do ANY of the things that they claimed here. I completely ignored the relationship of the two after they said to not continue as it was weird to ask. I COMPLETELY respected that and stopped and ignored that I even asked. It made me really uncomfortable with the atmosphere after their response so that's why I dropped it. Though, looking back at this, I probably should have apologized instead of feeling awkward and leaving them on silent. I only remember pulling it out after the conversation of d*cks got brought up and then prompted the question 'what do you think of this then' and that's when the comments (not the comments being accused that I said but rather the ones that I stated already in my original response) started rolling in from SOMEONE ELSE, not me. 

As for the events yesterday, I want to start off by saying I should have dealt with it then, but was dealing with some things IRL and was not in the right mindset to deal with it then, and I failed to ask any other admins to do so. As you have stated, it was between you and Browning in OOC chat. The context, same as you, I forget the specifics of, and it is proving to be quite difficult to find it in our logs. However, what transpired in OOC did not appear to be a friendly conversation. From my point of view, it seemed more like an argument, that you originated, and seemed to want to get a rise out of Browning. You were asked to stop multiple times by both myself and another admin online (you state it was Trail, just personally I don't remember). After our first requests that you stop, you did continue on, prompting us to ask again, to which I believe you stopped then. With the continuation, I don't believe Browning continued after our first request, to my knowledge you continued yourself in OOC until our second requests. Then, as I was spectating a player who was nearby you, Browning was walking past you that I saw, and you made another comment in voice chat pertaining to the topic in OOC and laughed at Browning, before walking away. I believe there was a briefing called, which everyone was making their way to. The issue I had here, is that you were asked multiple times to drop the issue, yet you seemed to disregard our requests and wanted to continue the argument. Now again, this issue was yesterday, and I should have dealt with it then, and it is my mistake that I did not. (If you have the screenshots of your conversation in discord, please send them to me, as this does bear relevance to my standpoint)

• Browning already stated and debunked this so I won't respond regarding this specific point. But I will say there was no malicious intent at ALL from my side, and I knew he had none for me either. We were just joking around (now that I remember given that Browning gave context). Gave screenshots to you by the way. 

The reason why yesterday's occurrence tied into the ban today, is because you have shown a trend of arrogance towards others in the past. You have no formal punishments for this behavior, correct. However, that doesn't mean you don't act this way. There were a few admins I talked to today (I will not provide names) who also agreed that you have had borderline interactions with the player base prior to this, however either nothing was enough to act on, or it slipped through the cracks. You are correct that you have a clean record, but that doesn't mean a clean act. In my opinion, these instances show a trend that constitute harassment. My hope from this ban, is that you realize part of your behavior should change to avoid these circumstances. Harassment isn't always a one time thing, with one player. Harassment, in my opinion, is also something observed over a longer period of time that can pertain to either a singular person or group of people. 

• Fair. I can see your point here with "clean record" but not "clean behavior". Absolutely fair on this. However, I would be totally for this if I was at least WARNED or TALKED to about the behavior making people uncomfortable. Before people bring up "RMC warnings rmc warnings!": with regards to RMC warnings, I stopped and cleaned up the act since it was contained in RMC about RMC issues. But, never was I EVER talked to regarding server "harassment" that was completely separate from RMC matters. So yeah, a talking to would have been nice before straight up going to ban. 

I would also like to point out that the server guidelines do not call for a warn prior to a ban for harassment. The guidelines outline it as a Warn AND a Week Ban, as we use the warn to track infractions while in game rather than having to look online. I did not talk to you prior to the ban because, as stated before, you had just gone offline when today's incident was reported to me. 

• I misread. I thought "Warn + 1 Week Ban" read "Warn > 1 Week Ban". Though, now looking at this guideline, it SHOULD read "Warn+Talking to regarding behavior > 1 Week Ban". Since this method of punishment would make more sense than just straight up jumping the gun with the 1 week ban and warn. ESPECIALLY in a case where there is "slow build up" as you said. In addition, like I said earlier, having a talking to regarding this before jumping this gun would be super helpful. 
Edited by Auralanity
wow memory go brrrr

de247ln-88ce2fb2-8f7c-4f43-b129-1e2919f9