Beaker

Are you afraid of death? If so, why or why not?

I'm pretty afraid of death, similiar to a dreamless sleep, without the waking up part.

I work a dangerous job. Every time I go to work, this intro plays in my head. 

Does it mean I'm messed up and need professional help? Maybe, but it's how I get through the day. Am I afraid of death? Possibly, but I've found that wasting my time worrying will just make life worse.

Posted  Edited by Joshy

Horribly afraid, but it’s also not a top priority (meaning that I wont totally do everything in my power to avoid it although I will minimize my risks by practical means).  I think it’s okay to be afraid of the unknown, and I’m very much worried that it’s just nothing / non-existent.  I’m not sure if i’d rather have something in hell compared to nothing at all…  even if it’s torture it’s still something.

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

I'm not afraid of death. It's like being afraid of taxes or human interaction- fear does nothing except make the situation worse. 

doctor_400x300.png

No, I don't give a shit, if it happens then it was gods design.

Even as a kid, I've never shed a tear when someone close to me died. It's a natural part of life, not one that should be feared. Fearing death just leads to unnecessary stress and worry, as it's inevitable. You can't even control how you die, if it happens then it happens.

Death is normal, it's a fact of life, more certain than anything else. You live and you die. Just live the best life you can.

LR1921G.thumb.jpg.cbfe2034265e32a9d364fb6220bae741.jpg

oksALf1.png

Achievements

I'm afraid because it can just come out of nowhere. Have an underlying condition that you didn't know about? ded. Some dude decides to ram his car into you? ded or just injured if you get lucky. 
Or it can be caused by unfortunate circumstances. Deathly sick and need a hospital? too bad you're screwed over by the healthcare system being garbage.

Untitled-1.thumb.gif.2e8ef8e95fb8336f519c5a1375471b65.gif
Contact me on Discord if needed - Sin#9956 Signature made by the lovely @Clavers

Death doesn't particularly scare me, I fear more that I will outlive the ones I care about. From a young age I was exposed to my uncle's death, and he was 39, no previous health conditions, it just happened. From that point on, I knew that there wasn't all that much that I could do about death. I mean, sure, I can get vaccinated, try to be a safe driver, etc, but at the end of the day, all of those are just ways that can help prolong my life, but anything can still happen. Not to get too dark on the great Beaker's post, but suffering with depression for my whole life has pretty much readied me for my own death, be it at my own hands or another way. Either way none of us can control what happens after death, and we'll never truly know what there is after we die until we do, so no use in worrying too much about the aftermath. Just try to enjoy your life while you still have it 🙂

God gave me life, it is His to give or take. 

Achievements

I'm not scared of death itself, but more of the unknown of what happens after it

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaafish.gif

Honestly, not afraid of it. It's just a natural occurring event that will happen to everyone one day. And when it is my time, I won't be trembling in fear, I'll just accept it because there isn't any other way. 

🙂

Also instead of death, there are more things to be scared of.

Like Kidney stones and testicular torsion.

On 11/14/2021 at 4:57 AM, Kaylode said:

I'm not scared of death itself, but more of the unknown of what happens after it

I'd say this is basically just the most common reason for why people would be afraid of death to begin with, but it helps to put it in writing like this. I don't believe in any kind of afterlife, so the notion of there being absolutely nothing after death is what spooks me. No consciousness, memories, bliss, or pain—everything just vanishes forever in an instant. I also hate the idea of growing old and losing all of the benefits of youth.

sFz2YWR.png

I won't take a photo—I'll tell it through words.

Achievements

Not particularly afraid as much as morbidly curious about what comes after

107751_101.png

Things I've made/help make and done:

Before the Fallout/Into the Fallout

Rather excellent noteblock music, if I do say so myself

Engineer for Patio (and Far Out)

Posted  Edited by annaunomes

When looking at it from the perspective of a currently living person, I can understand why you would be afraid of death, but in reality since we only experience our own lives and death is always waiting at the end, I find it comforting that I will be able to experience my entire life before I die (by definition). Given that, why would I be afraid of death? I won't be conscious after I die, I won't remember anything and I wont experience anything, so I will simply live my life as best as I can to my satisfaction until I do die. Death is just the last event in my life, and will eventually come. It's about loving the adventure, not fearing the destination.

Edited by annaunomes

This forum stuff is weird but here I am.

I am truthfully not afraid of death. 

I work in a job that surrounds death every shift. I have nearly been killed several times, either in car accidents, being shot at, or someone came at me with a knife. I still show up for work though. If it becomes my time, so be it. 

787208804_Purge(2).png.862f146d6c97f2d7e792a03fb0555fdf.png

It's definitely the afterlife that scares people more than anything. But as a Christian of course I believe there is sort of an afterlife. Your consciousness, intelligence, soul, all just doesn't go nowhere. Personally I'm not afraid to die. Personal beliefs aside, and repeating what others have said, worrying about death is as nonsensical as being afraid to drive your car because you might be in a car wreck. Death is inevitable, so accepting it is the best you can do. Though I'd encourage anyone to search their heart and soul to be the best person they can be. Just in case whatever afterlife you believe in goes in your favor somehow xd

JerryBomb.png.e376b34f3abbf909e911ca905e69e9b5.png.148c6b4cfc47ce26dbdfacd59a6ef633.pngCreative Team of GFL.

That's it.

Achievements