Stan97

Add the Medic role

I have read why the Medic is not used at the moment but I noticed that the role got a big update on Steam.

He can win with the winning team if he heals a specific amount of health (and if he revived one player) and is still alive at the end.

The defibrillator can only be used once (but I think that was always the case).

And the transformation to an Innocent or to a Traitor role can be disabled.

I think that now the Medic would be a nice addition and worth a try.

most people would just kill the medic to make it so no one can get the advantage. also with the transformation to an inno/traitor role it just means you cant do shit if someone attacks you, without it you can go on a rampage and kill whoever you want with no consequences cause its a neutral role. support roles like this need to be on a team, not helping everyone imo. just sounds like a really boring role to get.

1023626940_forumsignature.thumb.png.6378b8a403e329b9a4bf21267af67896.png
Made by @Clavers

17 minutes ago, BlazingArson said:

most people would just kill the medic to make it so no one can get the advantage. also with the transformation to an inno/traitor role it just means you cant do shit if someone attacks you, without it you can go on a rampage and kill whoever you want with no consequences cause its a neutral role. support roles like this need to be on a team, not helping everyone imo. just sounds like a really boring role to get.

Thanks for your opinion.

Here is my opinion on this:

There is no reason to kill the Medic. Everyone benefits from him and he is not in the way for Traitors or Innocents. And if someone kills the Medic his name will be shown to everyone.

If the Medic would be on a team then the team would have an extreme powerful helper because of his healing ability. But if he is neutral he is not biased. The Medic also gets lots of minus karma and minus points if he just kills people. 

So I think it should be seen as a special role which could cause more dynamic rounds. There are also many configurable rolespecific convars available which could nerf or buff him.

14 minutes ago, Stan97 said:

The Medic also gets lots of minus karma and minus points if he just kills people. 

Does it? Cause neutral roles don't generally have consequences for killing people. If it's not on any team the karma system shouldn't effect it (look at: doppleganger, mimic before mimicing, unknown) unless the addon maker did something to make it do otherwise.

15 minutes ago, Stan97 said:

If the Medic would be on a team then the team would have an extreme powerful helper because of his healing ability.

Obviously if it was on a team itd need a big nerf, but support roles in general are not good as their own team. Ex: randy rando can be considered a support role, even if it doesnt directly help anyone, its only special thing is a minigame which is closer to a support thing than anything else, and the randogun but that is bad already, and randy rando rarely wins anything because of how weak it really is. They are also generally pretty boring to be (people seem to like randy rando because of the minigames, but being it is honestly boring because you're so weak and expected to kill everyone)

17 minutes ago, Stan97 said:

There is no reason to kill the Medic.

The traitors already have a pretty good advantage against everyone, having shops and a decent sized team when the server is big enough. Already having the advantage is a good reason to make sure others can't benefit from medic even if it could help you too. Innocents also have a somewhat good reason to kill the medic, because its not on their team and it can benefit evils. and knowing this playerbase, people would kill it just because its a neutral role and they can.

18 minutes ago, Stan97 said:

But if he is neutral he is not biased.

On paper they wouldn't be, but take into account player behavior. I haven't played in a bit but I still know a lot of the playerbase acts the same as it did when I played, so the medic would probably be mostly played to benefit evils, cause this playerbase likes chaos.

1023626940_forumsignature.thumb.png.6378b8a403e329b9a4bf21267af67896.png
Made by @Clavers

10 hours ago, BlazingArson said:

Does it? Cause neutral roles don't generally have consequences for killing people. If it's not on any team the karma system shouldn't effect it (look at: doppleganger, mimic before mimicing, unknown) unless the addon maker did something to make it do otherwise.

Obviously if it was on a team itd need a big nerf, but support roles in general are not good as their own team. Ex: randy rando can be considered a support role, even if it doesnt directly help anyone, its only special thing is a minigame which is closer to a support thing than anything else, and the randogun but that is bad already, and randy rando rarely wins anything because of how weak it really is. They are also generally pretty boring to be (people seem to like randy rando because of the minigames, but being it is honestly boring because you're so weak and expected to kill everyone)

The traitors already have a pretty good advantage against everyone, having shops and a decent sized team when the server is big enough. Already having the advantage is a good reason to make sure others can't benefit from medic even if it could help you too. Innocents also have a somewhat good reason to kill the medic, because its not on their team and it can benefit evils. and knowing this playerbase, people would kill it just because its a neutral role and they can.

On paper they wouldn't be, but take into account player behavior. I haven't played in a bit but I still know a lot of the playerbase acts the same as it did when I played, so the medic would probably be mostly played to benefit evils, cause this playerbase likes chaos.

Yes the Medic gets minus karma if he kills someone. This can be enabled/disabled and the minus karma value can also be configured. 

I see your point here. It really depends on the players.

Yeah it really depends on how the playerbase would interact with the Medic and how the rules are enforced. (What can a Medic player do and what not.)

Nevertheless it would be worth a try. (In my opinion.)

If the playerbase doesn't like the Medic or the Medic would be to strong (for Traitors/...) then he could be removed again.