BestKevin

Actually leaving this time

I'm taking the dog, dumbass music - self - (^^) - txt - mine - moodboards -  movies homeaskarchive aidashakur One of your greatest tests in life will be  how you handle people who mishandle you. lionfloss me, handling people who  mishandled me: image Sun ...

Good luck on your ventures Rot staff, been fun participating in the drama and whatnot.  Hope your server does well and doesn't get too broken down by the rest of GFL.  Between the CR election and the Reverb ghost perma on discord it's not worth sticking around even for entertainment.

Posted  Edited by BestKevin

🧐

Wow they took that down fast, speak your peace Pingu!

For anyone that missed it, talked some mad shit and showed some year old leaks about the council.  Was taken down after 15 minutes lol.

For anyone that wants to still reach out to me for whatever reason it's KevinnTCG#0001 on discord.

Edited by BestKevin

Man's said Rotation was dead. I don't think he knows Rotation is active more later. Weird. Also a random attack on Brae wasn't needed either.

The whole situation is overblown and stupid. Everyone just needs to chill out and stop going down the "everyone else is bad but me" route.

Achievements

I hid a comment due to Private Matters rule.  We can wish Kevin well, but please don’t use Discord or Forums to air out dirty laundry.  Feel free to discuss it with your trusted friend or a different discord not related to GFL, but don’t do it here.  Breaking the rules only pushes against your goals.

You’re welcome to make a suggestion thread with a generalized suggestion or similarly respond to the feedback thread.  Keep in mind we enforce the same rule across entire community even mysteriously outside of gmod too for many years and so it’s not something that’ll change overnight, but we’re open to improvement and do make adjustments.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

19 minutes ago, Duck. said:

Man's said Rotation was dead. I don't think he knows Rotation is active more later. Weird. Also a random attack on Brae wasn't needed either.

The whole situation is overblown and stupid. Everyone just needs to chill out and stop going down the "everyone else is bad but me" route.

I don't think it's overblown, you guys have a major void in what is allowed on server (the exact "NSFW" image that got Reverb banned) and what is allowed on discord.  I saw from a friend that it was mentioned that "It's not a problem, and would be difficult to solve". 

It's not really difficult to solve, the players will view the TTT Rotation chat as a chat for their server, and if you want them to follow the discord rules, then those discord rules need to also be followed on server.  Why would you ever expect people to know how to behave in two similar environments with vastly different rules?  Either Rotation needs to enforce the Discord rules, or the Discord rules need to be less strict, and enforcing the Discord rules on server is much easier.

I know I am bad, I know I have started shit, but it's not "everyone else" is bad, you guys have a congested corporate structure full of miscommunication.  We have no way to check "infractions" and no clue what our next escalation point is, as I said that very image was "allowed" by an admin on Rotation so why would we expect it to be banned on discord?  I have started drama, talked shit, and now I have no clue when the mod team will have a secret meeting about how I am too troublesome to keep around.

Then there is the fact that it was done silently, I honestly believe that if he had no friends to communicate his ban to no one would even know it happened.  It feels similar to how I got perma banned (with actually 0 infractions) for joking about a loophole of using stickers to get around a GIF ban in the channel, when staff were already utilizing that loophole themselves.  Nothing is transparent, you could get banned at any time and seemingly it can happen without anyone knowing.  It's not a good way to moderate a gaming communities.  Regardless, there are a lot of shit starters leaving the server now so it will calm down in the future, I just hope that you guys fix your shit before Discord turns into a wasteland.  It's bad when your own server's admins are recommending taking a break from or leaving Discord and just play on the server.

Also a final edit:  Banning someone and telling them to appeal it after the ban just implies that you went too hard in the first place, an appeal should not ever be a suggestion immediately after a PERMA ban.  Either you have no intention of actually unbanning the person or you immediately admit you overdid the punishment. (My perma was reduced to a two week mute immediately after the ban).

Edited by BestKevin

Posted  Edited by Joshy

Recommending appeal is no way an admission neither does it infer that something went wrong.  Reducing a punishment also does not infer that a wrong decision was made; it shows tolerance and flexibility, and I recommend or aim to reduce punishments very often even when I know the person has messed up.

Appeal is a great recommendation because it aligns with the private matter rule which is posted in multiple areas including discord and the forums… you’ve probably seem a friend or two get snagged by it… and it’s even posted here.  If some people aren’t aware of the rules by now (not horribly uncommon for many communities by the way), then I’m not sure what we can do for them because we’re literally already spoon-feeding. I hope they find a place tbat works out for them- I really do.  Good luck.  The appeal will get to the people who can actually do something about it instead of stirring up rumours based on an incomplete picture and often false narrative.  I definitely recommend an appeal for your friend whoever suggested that is absolutely brilliant and I thank them for their help.

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

32 minutes ago, Joshy said:

Recommending appeal is no way an admission neither does it infer that something went wrong.  Reducing a punishment also does not infer that a wrong decision was made; it shows tolerance and flexibility, and I recommend or aim to reduce punishments very often even when I know the person has messed up.

Appeal is a great recommendation because it aligns with the private matter rule which is posted in multiple areas including discord and the forums… you’ve probably seem a friend or two get snagged by it… and it’s even posted here.  If some people aren’t aware of the rules by now (not horribly uncommon for many communities by the way), then I’m not sure what we can do for them because we’re literally already spoon-feeding. I hope they find a place tbat works out for them- I really do.  Good luck.  The appeal will get to the people who can actually do something about it instead of stirring up rumours based on an incomplete picture and often false narrative.  I definitely recommend an appeal for your friend whoever suggested that is absolutely brilliant and I thank them for their help.

I will agree that accepting an appeal is showing tolerance and flexibility, but why would it come after getting the harsher punishment?  The mod team would be much more well received if they showed that "tolerance" before the entire process had to be gone through, telling people that the next punishment could be X or Y.  Regarding the rumors and false narrative, those can be addressed by having any semblance of transparency on what is going on or if the person is getting out of line/troublesome (like warnings).  I don't care to talk about the rules, I haven't read them, and the only two times I have been punished for breaking any was intentional, so sure I would say they are easy to follow.  I understand that this is your team and you feel like it is being handled correctly, but with what has been shown in Discord over the past week(s) your current path has not been taken well.

Regardless I am really not here to dispute how things are currently running, if you guys think it's all cash money keep on believing that.  There is a sense of fun that is supposed to be in a gaming community that seems to not exist on Discord, so it just may be best if people avoid it like some were suggesting today.

Just as you hope we find a place to go to that works, I hope that the current Rotation community continues to find GFL as a place that works for them.

Edited by BestKevin