AndyAnderson

AndyAnderson's General Mute/Ban Appeal

Which platform(s) are you appealing?: Discord

Discord/TS3 username (Add your tag and ID if possible):

Andy Anderson#8055

Why were you banned?: I don't know, I was chatting then left to go play some games and then noticed I was no longer on the server.

Why should you be unbanned?

Well if I posted anything I shouldn't have I was never warned nor pinged that what I posted was wrong. I don't know.

You posted a plot of a unreleased movie (The Matrix Resurrections). This warrants a immediate 30-day temporary ban as a result, even if you've deleted it.

76561198043643390.png

Posted  Edited by Joshy

I know the movie thing is being brought up.  I personally have different opinions/tolerance on stuff like that although everything Ben says has higher priority or weight than what I say, and so I will totally respect that.

I think I would like to redirect it to something else: Your future in our Discord was already very wobbly.  We were just discussing your ban from the ZE discord (antisemitism and posting gore).  Most of our Discords are interconnected such that if you get banned in one, then you're automatically banned from all of them.  We do the exact same thing with the games ie. if someone gets banned in GMOD, then they can't play any CS:GO on GFL servers.  ZE Discord is a special exception due to GFL history as they would like their team to operate more separately, and so it's not all automated by a bot like other servers...  some really bad cases there can still catch our attention and lead to bans in our Discord too.  We don't need you to break the rules in every single one of our many platforms in order to justify a ban.

Here's the reference to your other ban.

I think what will likely happen is your ban will be upgraded to a permanent ban for that reason.

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

(antisemitism and posting gore)

The first bit is completely out of context, they made the assumption that my use of parentheses around a word was that of a anti-semitic use. Second one was someone getting hit with a mug.

We're going to let this ban stick.  It's permanent.  It's for the same reason I described above...  Your ban on ZE Discord is a good enough justification as we don't need to wait for you to break the rules on all of our platforms.  Just because you didn't automatically get banned on the other GFL discords doesn't mean that it's not deserved it just bought you some lucky time.  You can go ahead and reapply at the end of the 30 days, which is on 19th January.

I wont paint a rosy picture: The baseline plan is to preserve your ban on Discord.  That being said: Maybe at the end of the 30 days some new information can arise or maybe some moderators might have positive feedback about you.  So far all I have been able to gather is negative things.  You can make your case then if you do want to come back, but if there's nothing new, then it's safe to assume the ban is permanent.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152