TJ

TJ's General Mute/Ban Appeal

Which platform(s) are you appealing?: GFL Rust Discord

Discord/TS3 username (Add your tag and ID if possible):

.TJ#0001

Why were you banned?: One of the old Admins did not like me and banned me for something said in a private DM.

Why should you be unbanned?

The ban was so long ago. I am trying to play the new server that is coming out.

Hi, I looked into your case. This is not the clear reason at all on why you were banned.

You were banned for showing/sharing explicit content/details through voice chat w/ web cam. We absolutely do not tolerate this behavior at all & will not be lifting this ban. 

Don't be an idiot.

76561198043643390.png

Posted  Edited by TJ

Hello, there is no evidence of this as it was most likely almost a year ago (I forget the exact date on which it occurred). I walked away from the camera and mooned it in a private call with friends, an admin (Either Blue or Angie, I cannot remember which one, who are now terminated) then joined, saw this, and took it way to far banning me as then did not like me already. As I am a male, this is not a serious offence at all and should not warrant a ban. Describing it as "Private Parts" in the ban makes it seem like I flashed my genitals on camera, which is not even close to what happened.

I am happy there is actually being thought put into this instead of automatically denying my appeal because of the false information given out by the previous and deranged admin. Thank you for that.

Edited by TJ

What you did was a poor decision. It is a bannable offense because mooning is considered as NSFW - don't do it because you think it was okay. You were in Rust's VC with both Rust server staff (at the time), and it does not matter if it was private or not. You have to abide by the rules even in a private VC channel, otherwise you'll get punished.

76561198043643390.png

Who were the other people on the call and why was one of our moderators there?  Why did you moon them?

So far the story or context is not leaning in your favour.  It does sound like a punishable offense, but is there more to the story or something we're missing/misunderstanding?

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

The VC was full of my clan members at the time, as well as 1 or 2 of the moderators. Around 3 of the main players on the server got banned from the discord that minute because of doing the same thing. No one in the VC cared that it happened, the two staff members were just trying to find a way to get us out and took the opportunity to ban us. Everyone in the VC was having fun and laughing, the staff members at the time did not like me or my clan members so they were trying to find every way they could to ban us. If you don't want to believe me that is fine, but in my personal opinion, I feel like strictly believing the description from the staff member who is now gone (because they were a terrible staff) is not a good way to go about it.

I'm going to be closing this.

I do want to make it clear that the dominating reason for this is not simply the moderator's against yours.  On the contrary: We'll take your word for it, but our point is that the activity you yourself described is not acceptable for our community.

--

Personally: I don't mind what's going on in DM/PMs in private between close friends who trust each other.  Go for it.  If I don't know about it, then it's all good (for me).  What I care most about is what occurs on GFL platforms even in private VC, but we do hit some tricky areas when someone is involved in or reports issues that occur elsewhere such a private DM or other platforms... we cannot always ignore everything especially if it's relevant to GFL.  For example: If someone sends explicit content to someone's DM or is harassing them even in other communities besides GFL, then it becomes an issue that falls within our scope.  Mooning is not something we allow on our Discords, and even if it was in private it's obviously not consensual when the explicit content was sent.

I understand being a part of our community is not a job, but try to consider a similar context, say for instance, if you sent your picture to a person at a school and they didn't want that picture (of you mooning them)... what if that got to the staff at school?  You'd likely be in big trouble at any reasonable school, and some places they might even get the police involved.  There are very few context that could clear you... a missing piece of the puzzle... but from what you described it would be totally a stretch.  We can't allow it.

Another note although it's not important to the final decision is that we do not easily unravel past decisions from moderators who are no longer on the team, and that's even when someone may have left on less than great terms.  The only situation where we'd touch on something like that is if such a decision was relevant to their departure (ie. someone falsely bans a bunch of people on their way out), but that is very uncommon and does not appear to to be the situation here.  Just a reminder: We're taking your word for it and what you are describing does not align with what we allow.

Sorry.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152