Sir_Ross

Sir_Ross's General Mute/Ban Appeal

Which platform(s) are you appealing?: GFL Discords

Discord/TS3 username (Add your tag and ID if possible):

Sir_Ross#3871 / 145605139070320640

Why were you banned?: I spammed #general with memes, said inappropriate things to someone, and was generally a menace to the community for the span of a night.

Why should you be unbanned?

I was drunk, and though that is no excuse for my behavior, I feel that I can still be useful to the community. Due to the lack of activity in the CS:S division, I feel that me being an admin there can really make a difference as there are not many people to be staff on CS:S. I do not wish my recent behavior to reflect the community and I, if unbanned, will refrain from using the main GFL discord in the manner in which I did that night.
Though I spend more time with the GFL CS:S ZE community, I do feel like bridging the gap is important, but restraint on my part is needed due to the difference in the discord culture of the two. I hope to be able to make positive contributions to the community going forward.

CSS server Host - CSS Server Mieten - VeryGames

I’m personally okay with having you back on Discord.  I try not to make executive decisions so i’ll align with the team see if there are any large nay-sayers… see what we can do about it, but I think we can work out something.

So far admin things go it’s totally out of my scope I have no say on that stuff at all.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Hey, Ross!

It'll be possible for me to approve of appeal to the lift ban.  I do need to note that it does not clear you of wrongdoing, which means that it is very unlikely probably impossible (in the near term) to get your admin back, which is beyond the scope of what I can do... I do want to welcome you back to Discord.  Is that okay?  Let me know.

Posted  Edited by Sir_Ross

I am just happy to be allowed back into the Discord community. I am disappointed to lose admin, but admin isn’t the reason I value this community, it was just a way to be a larger part of it. Thanks for the help ❤️

edit: the invite link on the front page (at least on mobile) is expired

edit 2: mobile didn’t include the quote so I am adding it now

8 hours ago, Joshy said:

Hey, Ross!

It'll be possible for me to approve of appeal to the lift ban.  I do need to note that it does not clear you of wrongdoing, which means that it is very unlikely probably impossible (in the near term) to get your admin back, which is beyond the scope of what I can do... I do want to welcome you back to Discord.  Is that okay?  Let me know.

Edited by Sir_Ross

CSS server Host - CSS Server Mieten - VeryGames

Alright happy to welcome you back 🙂 I lift your ban.  If it didn't work let me know you can send me a PM and I'll work to fix it.

I think you already know what's up... you're probably good, but I'm just adding it as a formality.  Please be careful next time I think soft issues far out shouldn't put you at risk so I think you will be okay; however: anything soon again or severe enough could quickly lead to another ban.