The1337Gh0st

Partly Adequate Mapvote Feedback

Partly Adequate Mapvote Feedback  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that this is a good mapvote system overall?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you think the random voting should be disabled or kept?

• Disable it
    • Keep it
  3. 3. If you wanted to replace the current mapvote system with something else, do you prefer mapvote systems with pictures or map name only?

• Pictures
    • Map name only

Lately, I have been hearing some mixed feedback on Partly Adequate Mapvote. Some people like the features that it has, while others don't like it at all.

There's also been a few bugs encountered with it, such as map icons not properly showing up for everyone and the RTV occasionally not working.

Although the bugs could be fixed with time, this unfortunately would not be helpful if the community doesn't like the mapvote itself.

Do you think that this is a good mapvote system overall, or does it need to be replaced?

Achievements

Personally, I'm of the opinion of "if it isn't broken, don't fix it".  I had zero issues with the previous mapvote, and now I am having several problems with the new one.  Let me start off by saying I voted against the map pictures part of the vote because I am familiar with virtually all maps in the rotation and do not need a picture to visualize the map, but I am aware that many members of the server may not be familiar with the map rotation.    What annoys me about the new mapvote having pictures is that A: you need to download the images of the maps or else the pictures will just be Lua errors and B: with the map pictures, you now need to scroll to see all of the maps that can be voted for, which is annoying for me.  I am also against the ability to un-rtv a map.  I can't see why anyone would ever change their mind on the matter of voting to RTV a map.  If you like a map, you won't vote to RTV, and if you don't like a map, you will vote to RTV.  Finally, and most importantly, are the bugs.  I have seen numerous bugs since the mapvote was added.  One example of a bug is RTV occasionally not working, as gh0st mentioned.  This is incredibly annoying if the server votes for a commonly hated map, since players are required to play all 10 rounds.  Another bug that I've experienced is the entire server being locked into "Waiting" as soon as the map changes.  If the author of the mapvote can fix these bugs, great, but otherwise, I'd like to see the original mapvote reimplemented.  

Hello I'm Doctor Pig

just gonna comment on a few things pig said

13 minutes ago, Doctor Pig said:

you need to download the images of the maps or else the pictures will just be Lua errors

I am pretty sure that you automatically download the images, because I didn't download anything but I can see the map icons

14 minutes ago, Doctor Pig said:

with the map pictures, you now need to scroll to see all of the maps that can be voted for

this is a small inconvenience, but I don't think its a problem

15 minutes ago, Doctor Pig said:

I can't see why anyone would ever change their mind on the matter of voting to RTV a map

I do agree with this, its annoying because sometimes people forget if they already RTVed it and half the server ends up un-RTVing

16 minutes ago, Doctor Pig said:

Another bug that I've experienced is the entire server being locked into "Waiting" as soon as the map changes

I am not 100% sure, but I think this is just a general bug as it has happened with the previous mapvote too

anyway, I think the mapvote is an improvement in general, it provides a lot more features the previous one didn't. one thing I see is a lot of people voting random map, and while I do like the ability to let a random map be chosen, I think it is chosen a bit too much. I think a good fix for this would be rather than having random map be in the map voting screen, make it so before you vote for a map, there is a vote between choosing a map and having a random map chosen. another thing about the new mapvote is you can choose the same map multiple times, which I like to be able to happen once, but at the point of a map being chosen 3 times in a row I think it is a bit too much.

NeonCat(2).gif.2714539153eb7163f372ea5b400ea8bb.gif

random map vote SUCKS. only about half the maps on rotation are any decent so when you get random optioned, ur probably gonna get a map thats not played (for a reason) that is going to get rtvd, or is just gonna be a shitty 10 rounds if it isnt rtvd. everyhting else is fine, just add map thumbnails to the maps that need them