ChicagoBen

327 days since my last weapon suggestion pepehands. Time for minor rifle balance changes.

Posted  Edited by ChicagoBen

Since @Vauff likely set a mental block against me in PM's about weapons, I figured I would just post my suggestions out in the open for all to see and make fun of me about.  My idea here is show my suggestions in segments instead of overwhelm people on 30 different changes, so the focus today is on Rifles right now. Clearly the top performers are the AK47 , M4A1 , and M4A1-S. These guns dominate due to the lack of damage falloff and high base damage + damage buffs/40 clips. Unlike machine guns, rifles can be used to tap/burst in short holds or backpedaling with mostly bearable reload times, and thus be used in more situations in most maps than machine guns or smgs.  So in short they are the all-around weapon in ze with the highest damage output beyond very close range combat. Even with that said penetration in tight holdouts also has a factor as to why rifles likely dominate in close quarters as well. Smgs can only hit 2 targets max; with the 2nd target only taking 33 % damage, while rifles can hit 4 targets with each penetration dealing 66 % damage. So a AK47 shot can do ~100 base damage across 4 targets while a UMP shot would only do ~50 dmg on 2 targets. Rifles are the preferred weapon in nearly all situations but hit registration boss fights and hard backpedalling basically.  

Current rifle stats:

1910236165_Screenshot(750).thumb.png.603c7a2ba3fe72d04ff5919540401412.png

The 3rd damage column is 600 u which is pretty much the average zone zombies get shot at. If you would notice the m4s does more damage due to range falloff than m4a1 by this point + its way small recoil/spray. Famas damage falls off quickly compared to its peers. Bottom 3 are most accurate so they should have lower damage numbers as a compromise.

Suggested Rifle Stats

1743759458_Screenshot(761).thumb.png.5baa18a20bf0836977426e439b0702a4.png

Galil: 1 % dmg buff

Famas: 4 % dmg buff (due to its poor damage falloff)

Ak47: 2 % dmg nerf

M4A1: 2% dmg nerf

M4S: 1 % dmg buff / -5 clip size

SG553: 5 % dmg buff   (Gun has terrible fire rate)

AUG: 8 % dmg buff      (Worst reload among rifles)

AK47:  The gun with the highest damage output possible in gfl right now does need a slight nerf at the least. It's still amazing when used properly and in tight holds, and unlike the other 2 rifles I'm going to mention, it has the nice drawback of being hard to use so it's more rewarding in a sense to do well with. It has terrible moving accuracy/accuracy is only good on the first few shoots while the recoil and spray pattern are very hard to tame. One of the harder sprays to master in the game IMO. This should stay as the best rifle in its class due to its difficulty.

M4A1: Guns underused in how beastly it is in close quarter situations. Great movespeed with the gun and very acceptable accuracy stats with a spray and recoil control difficulty between the AK and the M4S.  Problem is the M4S overshadows it, but this gun likely needs a small nerf due to it's essentially a more accurate/faster movespeed/safer in close quarters alternate to a AK, that is counteracted by its slightly less DPS. 

M4S: This Gun is a problem due to its newly buffed base damage (thanks Valve), Top tier weapon in: first shot/overall accuracy/spray control/Damage output at range/run and gun. Tied for fastest movespeed with m4a1 with rifles. The Valve-buffed base damage with a 40 clip actually makes it the 2nd!!! best gun to use on damage based boss fights with its insane accuracy and decent run and gun potential unlike a AK as a cherry on top.  Hell it might be the best for some damage based boss fights currently.  This gun is likely the best gun if you combine how accurate it is with its general versatility compared to other rifles which are already quite versatile. This is the easiest to use rifle in the game with all its tools and easiest spray among rifles. Easy to use and best is never a combo you want long term.  Gun needs a strong nerf @Vauff 's last nerf only dropped it to pre Valve levels with the headshot damage being a bit lower.  A -5 clip would help balance its op damage on bosses + balance it similar to vanilla csgo with a smaller clip size to m4a1. M4S is basically a better scoped rifle without a scope. 

Galil/Famas: The balance of these 2 is actually a bit on the weak side personally. The problem with the duo is they are so cheap at 1800-2050 $ that the rebuy cheese could be stupid in certain situations due to Vauff not wanting to mess with prices due to issues with the buy market at round start. So they would have to - in a way, stay as budget rifles. Tiny buffs.

SG553/AUG: On the other hand these guns would be more toxic than the m4s if they had equal damage outputs due to better accuracy and tighter spray pattern than said gun when scoped. While overall scoped rifles need a dmg buffs since their base damage is so much lower than the 3 main rifles.

Side note: I think smgs as they are, feel pretty balanced to me with the recent buffs to unpopular smgs. With the guns being most useful in close quarter aggression and being able to protect yourself and others while moving. Overshadowed by rifles currently. 

Remember to ignore this post and only post random opinions on why I suck.  Thank you for the future insults. 

m249 4 % dmg buff plz? 

Edited by ChicagoBen

• ChicagoBen changed the title to 327 days since my last weapon suggestion pepehands. Time for minor rifle balance changes.

I think we need to tweak awp a bit and gives it faster attack speed so we can spray with awp

Based? Based on what? In your dick? Please shut the fuck up and use words properly you fuckin troglodyte, do you think God gave us a freedom of speech just to spew random words that have no meaning that doesn't even correllate to the topic of the conversation? Like please you always complain about why no one talks to you or no one expresses their opinions on you because you're always spewing random shit like poggers based cringe and when you try to explain what it is and you just say that it's funny like what? What the fuck is funny about that do you think you'll just become a stand-up comedian that will get a standing ovation just because you said "cum" in the stage? HELL NO YOU FUCKIN IDIOT, so please shut the fuck up and use words properly you dumb bitch

Ah yes, an ak nerf. The gun that should reward you if you master its spray pattern, but even then becomes unreasonable to use efficiently compared to other rifles due to its accuracy. I'm curious how many people actually use this gun and how often they miss their shots. You say to not spray it but doing that decreases dps whereas someone using an a1s could spray it and hit at least 60%> of their shots. Regarding the changes you suggest to the a1s and a4, I argue the spray pattern is similar enough so there's not much of a point in using an a1s. On another note, what makes you think the main 3 rifles even need an overall nerf in the first place? I feel like you're trying to make all guns viable just so you're not using the same gun every time but you're just hurting the big 3 instead.

that aot session never happened

17 hours ago, Issic said:

You say to not spray it but doing that decreases dps whereas someone using an a1s could spray it and hit at least 60%> of their shots.

I mean AKs potential over the m4a1 at 500 u units is like 12 % more so it seems fine to me that m4a1 has more chances to get hits in with better accuracy and movement speed.  Its a balancing act when it comes to dps in that aspect. Having to use burst/tappers sooner than m4a1s with ak is normal. 

Regarding the changes you suggest to the a1s and a4, I argue the spray pattern is similar enough so there's not much of a point in using an a1s. 

I mean its the exact same spray but m4s spray is ~40 tighter. Does 5 more vanilla (1.8 vs zombies) base damage and loses 2 % less damage over every 500 u than m4a1. Also costs cheaper , better run and gun accuracy.  DPS of m4s over m4a1 on damage based bosses is like 20 % in favor of m4s at close range let alone long range fights like average luff bosses have.  Just better for more situations currently. 

On another note, what makes you think the main 3 rifles even need an overall nerf in the first place? I feel like you're trying to make all guns viable just so you're not using the same gun every time but you're just hurting the big 3 instead.

I honestly think knockback is too high on the top tier rifles with the server having the highest tagging slows on zombies hits of all of ze.  Too easy to launch a zombie so far back with a solid 3 headshot burst with m4 or 2 headshots with ak.  When you boost zombies forward 95 % of people use those 3 rifles to do it for a reason. Any headshot on a bhopping zombie sends them back 25 feet with a decent tag slow as well. A good defender can hold for a very long time with good rifles.

I have to adjust and understand that the balance that the previous manager had set completely overbuffed the 3 best rifles and nothing else with  a 1.2 modifier and 40 clip that could legit get respectable close to prime negev numbers. That's why I step back and keep asking for those 3 to have nerfs. 

Posted  Edited by ChicagoBen
8 hours ago, Sanson said:

Buff all weapons, fuck nerfs.

That's all.

Pretty much only nerfs I can really think of. Most guns need a buff in some way at this point. Like I said I could show all my suggestions but I already overload people with my stuff as it is. 

Edited by ChicagoBen