TechnicallySaney

TechnicallySaney's General Mute/Ban Appeal

Which platform(s) are you appealing?: Discord GFL Server

Discord/TS3 username (Add your tag and ID if possible):

Saney#4205 / 224565641770827776

Why were you banned?: I posted a meme of a video that started with an image of Ralsei from Deltarune dancing, that then popped up a face of Lancer looking smug, with an IP listed under it while Lancer's Theme played, the IP being "62.80.216.206"

Why should you be unbanned?

I was not aware there was a total ban on posting any IPs, even as a joke. It felt clear to me that with the context it was apparent it was a joke and not an actual IP. While I understand that people posting IPs is an issue, it's mostly an issue when directed towards players of the community. The IP was not directed to any player or user, when searched it pointed to a telecommunication company in Sweden, and was found on another Discord. I understand why the team would want to be cautious around IPs, however, a ban does seem excessive for this act.

I was the moderator who did the ban.

I personally 100% agree with you.  We've given other people the exact same punishment with the same reason, and so you got snagged by us doing our best to be fair and give everyone the same treatment.  It's a bit too robotic sometimes in my opinion.

We're in the middle of reworking this rule to be a little more flexible, and it will likely change in the upcoming days.  It will probably remain against the rules, but it wont always warrant an immediate ban like this.  Given that probable update as well as your clean history: I think it would be fair to lift your ban soon and call it a warning instead.  I'm assuming there will be no large nay-sayers among the team members although I will give them a little bit of time to respond first.  If no large nay-sayers or even a lack of a responses... I'll go ahead and lift your ban very soon 🙂 

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Some other team members agrees with lifting the appeal, but haven't posted yet.  I wont make you wait.  I think there's enough support to lift the ban.  You should be able to get on very soon.  Please don't post anymore IPs even the joke ones.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152