DrippyDogNuts

Astronaut Rework

I wanna join the reworklejerk so here's my suggestion for Astronaut, a role that I thought was fun for the short while it existed, but was obviously doomed because most people didn't like being rdmed by a random election. Most of the time when a body is discovered, people don't know who the killer was, so the vote to kill is almost never used properly and led to constant rdm. With this new version of Astronaut, voting to kill a player will not be the sole focus of the democracy. There would be an extra layer to the voting process in which players first select what they would like to vote for, with the option to communally murder someone just one of many things an Astro can provide.  Every time an Astronaut uses his megaphone thingie on a body, players should get a choice between 3-5 random options from a massive pool, with the murder option always available if there is a KOS. 

Here are some suggestions for other things players could vote for, some are helpful and some are just for fun or neutral to keep things balanced.

1. Vote to kill another player (Always one of the options)

2. Vote for 60 seconds of moon gravity

3. Vote to give a player *random shop item* (players select recipient)

4. Vote to give everybody *random shop item*

5. Vote to increase everybody's speed by 1.25x for 30 seconds

6. Vote to shrink a player for 60 seconds

7. Vote to heal every player to max health

8. Vote to inflict pacifism on everybody for 30 seconds (no damage)

9. Vote to give every base role an item from respective team shops (base innos and traitors)

10. Vote to give every player with no shop a random shop item

11. Vote to give every player a credit

12. Vote to give innocents 1.5x damage for 30 seconds

13. Vote to revive a dead player as an undead

14. Vote to give everybody Lazarus Fists

15. Vote to change a player's role (Players will vote on which player gets a new random role).

16. Vote to make all players immune to explosions and fire for 45 seconds

17. Vote to gag a player for 60 seconds

18. Vote to reduce traitor damage for 30 seconds

19. Vote to shuffle player positions

20. Vote to highlight a person in infrared for 45 seconds (players then vote on a player to show through walls)

21. Vote to elect new astronaut (Players then vote a new player to be astronaut, and they switch roles)

22. Vote to blind evil roles for 10 seconds

23. Vote to massively increase blood spray on walls for the rest of the round (I don't know if it's possible to actually turn that up so idk)

24. Vote to give everybody infrared for 30 seconds

25. Vote to make the rest of the round a death match, last player wins.

26. Vote to make everybody invisible for 30 seconds

27. Vote to double credits currently held by players

28. Vote to give all innocents 10 armor

29. Vote to turn a player into a Doomslayer (players select recipient) 

30. Vote to elect a player win the round (players select recipient) 

31. Vote to give everybody an AWP

32. Vote to give a player doubled health pool (players select recipient)

33. Vote to someone a detective player camera (players select recipient) 

34. Vote to very slowly kill everybody, those with the most health and healing will be last to survive. 

35. Vote to give everybody infrared for 30 seconds

36. Vote to increase everybody's damage by 1.5 for 30 seconds

37. Vote to give everybody a revive, anybody revived joins the team of their reviver

38. Vote to kill the player with the most health

39. Vote to kill the player with the least health

40. Vote to paralyze a player and make them dance for 30 seconds (players select recipient) 

41. Vote to give every player an ankh

42. Vote to give a player superspeed for 30 seconds (1.5x speed)

43. Vote to give players wall climb abilities for 60 seconds

44. Vote to condemn a player for being a furry (players select recipient, message at top of screen reads "The server condemns _____ for being a furry") 

45. Vote to enable visible footsteps for 45 seconds

46. Vote to unleash the shinigami, if the shini has not been killed yet

47. Vote to give every player a glutton knife

48. Vote to legalize rdm, players lose no karma that round

49. Vote to poison a player (players select recipient) 

50. Vote to give every player an Uber Newton

I think this role could be pretty powerful and fun, like a detective randy via player choice. I still think this role will suffer from some rdm issues because people are bloodthirsty and sadistic and will still vote to destroy random innos, but being innocent is lame and it's usually funny anyway. Some of the suggestions might be too strong or extreme due to how they can end a round short or change the game mode entirely, luckily this version of astronaut can easily be balanced just by nerfing or buffing the choices available to vote on in the pool. A lot of the options I listed are pretty powerful, so there might need to be a lot more shitty ones thrown in there to balance things out. Being given some of these sexy options will hopefully lead players to only resort to witch-hunting people when they have a proper KOS, instead of voting innos to death at random.

Fart

vote to legalize rdm u mean that by that they are allowed to get killed by anyone?
seems good idk about the other ones didnt read all of it 
would be nice for a traitor to get a chance cause he wont die from that but he can get killed for that

Posted  Edited by DrippyDogNuts
18 minutes ago, killer.foxyLP said:

vote to legalize rdm u mean that by that they are allowed to get killed by anyone?
seems good idk about the other ones didnt read all of it 
would be nice for a traitor to get a chance cause he wont die from that but he can get killed for that

I believe in democracy, LET THE PEOPLE HAVE A VOICE, DAMNIT. But really just take all the suggested options with a grain of salt, though I do think legalized rdm rounds would be fun.

Edited by DrippyDogNuts

Fart

3 minutes ago, DrippyDogNuts said:

I believe in democracy, LET THE PEOPLE HAVE A VOICE, DAMNIT. But really just take all the suggested options with a grain of salt, though I do think legalized rdm rounds would be fun.

if this does get added they should be marked as a free kill which means that anyone are free to kill them without any karma minus

1 minute ago, killer.foxyLP said:

if this does get added they should be marked as a free kill which means that anyone are free to kill them without any karma minus

It's a detective role so no, but I don't think they should have immunity to being voted on like detectives had before.

Fart

Posted  Edited by Neon Cat

I don't think legalized rdm rounds would be fun, because of all the special roles on the server. This suggestion looks pretty cool though and I might try working on it 🙂

(I will probably select the best few of the things on the list, then work on those only. A list of like 50 things to pick from makes it basically democratic randy. [DEMOCRATIC RANDY OMG MAYOR ROLE DO THIS])

Edited by Neon Cat

NeonCat(2).gif.2714539153eb7163f372ea5b400ea8bb.gif