Vextrium

Introduce a Call Of Duty division to Games for Life

Hi! I've been thinking recently, and I thought about why Games For Life doesn't have a Call of Duty division, regardless of the answer. Here I am suggesting it, either again, or for the first time. The first question you may have is "Call Of Duty supports servers???" Yes! It does, From Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare to Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered, they all have servers! Some of them are built in to vanilla Call Of Duty, and some other have community made mods that add a server browser and allow people to make their own servers. And for those mods, they are the following. Xlabs (https://xlabs.dev/) , for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2, Call Of Duty: Ghosts, and Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Plutonium (https://plutonium.pw/)  for Call Of Duty: Black Ops 2, Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, and Call Of Duty: World At War, and they are in progress of working on Call of Duty: Black Ops. And lastly, a project that's in development for Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered. And It just so happens that I'm friends with the staff members for these projects. And they aren't some sketchy file snatching mod either, there are videos on all of these mods with millions of views. And communities with millions of people in them. Along with an upcoming completely new Call Of Duty, named Sm2. That already has over 110,000 people in their discord. And it just so happens that I'm friends with the developers of that as well. (https://sm2.gg/)

I understand that some of you may be weary about this, considering the community that Call of Duty has, but I think that this is a great idea for Games For Life. Along with hosting being dedicated for a large amount of those games, and some costing money. I do believe that all of these games that I have listed has amazing potential, with upwards of 5-7 thousand people actively playing on the servers. I of course would volunteer to be Division Leader for this figurative division. Call Of Duty is also very easy to moderate, you don't need to code custom plugins, or have mods that have to play 24/7, or worry about hackers, ect. 

Please do let me know what you think about this! And thank you for considering it! 

Vextrium ❤️

wah.png

Pros:
-CoD is a very popular franchise that could direct tons of people into our community

-You seem enthusiastic about leading this

Cons:

-CoD community is extremely toxic (on par with Rust)

-There is no guarantee that servers will populate based off how many players are in the discord (trust me I know)

Questions I still have:
-How many people know about this? And how many of them would consider changing servers than they have grown accustomed to?

-What would the baseline plan be if this were to be approved?

Just now, Baconator said:

Pros:
-CoD is a very popular franchise that could direct tons of people into our community

-You seem enthusiastic about leading this

Cons:

-CoD community is extremely toxic (on par with Rust)

-There is no guarantee that servers will populate based off how many players are in the discord (trust me I know)

Questions I still have:
-How many people know about this? And how many of them would consider changing servers than they have grown accustomed to?

Hey Baconator! Thanks for the response. While I do agree with you about how Call of Duty can be toxic, the people that go through the effort to download these mods, and configure them properly to work usually don't do it to cause trouble. Along with the mods have built in anti cheats, mod filters, and active staff that do ban people for being disrespectful. After all, people are there to have fun. Not get picked on. 

About how there is no guarantee that servers will populate based off of how many players are in them, I totally agree with you there too! However, a big discord shows that its not a troll game, and that its a serious project.

To answer your question, I will go down the list of every Call Of Duty from Call Of Duty 4, (2007) to Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare. Since there isnt a Black Ops 3 client.

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare : The servers on PC are dead usually, with no dedicated servers built in. The queue system is flawed in so many ways. Adding a server browser like Cod4X (another mod) did was an amazing mix. And many people find this simply by looking into how to find active servers.
Call of Duty: World At War : Has built in servers into the game, but also has servers on the Plutonium Client.
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 : This game is known for being easy to hack, quite frankly, playing it on vanilla steam is dangerous to you, its extremely easy for people to get your IP and do bad things to your network. The Xlabs mod has patched all of these, along with removing the queue system and adding a server browser
Call Of Duty: Black Ops : Has built in dedicated servers
Call Of Duty: Modern Warfare 3: This game was always dead on the PC side of things, it was poorly optimized and also had a queue system. Adding a server browser and fixing bugs was a big improvement for it.
Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 : I think that everyone knows how badly hacked this game is, on consoles and on PC. Every single game that you get in to, there will probably be a hacker. Plutonium added an anti-cheat which allowed people to play without worry
Call Of Duty: Ghosts : This game didnt have a Server Browser, so the queue system would put you into high ping lobbies with people all over the world, adding a server browser fixed this problem
Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare : Same as Call Of Duty: Ghosts

Thanks for reading!

Vextrium ❤️

wah.png

We've had CoD4 servers (some threads about the most recent attempt at it: https://gflclan.com/topic/65069-europe-and-squad-expansion-plans-and-more/#comment-313169 - https://gflclan.com/topic/33990-major-update-new-year-csgo-more/#comment-179586 - https://gflclan.com/topic/9715-1-1-17-update-csgo-division-ovh-transparency-etc/#comment-52240) as well as some of the others you've mentioned over the years.

They didn't work in terms of population and actually being up (due to bugs)... the two main things a server needs to stay around, lol. Not saying that just because in the past it didn't work it can't work now, I just feel like history tends to repeat itself in one way or another.

IMO, each type of server (depending on how many you want) would need a fairly dedicated manager and developer or a unicorn who can do both... find 'em and anything is possible lul.

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: 

18 minutes ago, Liloz01 said:

We've had CoD4 servers (some threads about the most recent attempt at it: https://gflclan.com/topic/65069-europe-and-squad-expansion-plans-and-more/#comment-313169 - https://gflclan.com/topic/33990-major-update-new-year-csgo-more/#comment-179586 - https://gflclan.com/topic/9715-1-1-17-update-csgo-division-ovh-transparency-etc/#comment-52240) as well as some of the others you've mentioned over the years.

They didn't work in terms of population and actually being up (due to bugs)... the two main things a server needs to stay around, lol. Not saying that just because in the past it didn't work it can't work now, I just feel like history tends to repeat itself in one way or another.

IMO, each type of server (depending on how many you want) would need a fairly dedicated manager and developer or a unicorn who can do both... find 'em and anything is possible lul.

Hey Liloz!

I totally hear where you're coming from about how each server would need its own manager. And I totally agree! We could of course also just start out with one and see where it goes. And I would have to say that Cod4x was the least popular Client out of the 3 main ones that are out. Thanks for the feedback and putting the time in to find those old fourms!

Vextrium ❤️

wah.png

We definitely have tried this multiple times in the past before. It was doing well because Roy maintained the server, at least I believe. 

The only way I can personally think that will be successful is if Roy is interested in returning back to maintaining the server (at minimal way, as he frequently play COD4).

The server absolutely do need the right people to maintain the server, and I personally think we currently don't have any at the moment unless you're a regular player at COD4 & a person who is also a developer. 

I don't think it's worth investing in other COD game (outside from COD4) server because from what I've seen in the past, one hosting provider struck a deal with Activison, making it only exclusively to them. 

76561198043643390.png

6 hours ago, Ben said:

We definitely have tried this multiple times in the past before. It was doing well because Roy maintained the server, at least I believe. 

The only way I can personally think that will be successful is if Roy is interested in returning back to maintaining the server (at minimal way, as he frequently play COD4).

The server absolutely do need the right people to maintain the server, and I personally think we currently don't have any at the moment unless you're a regular player at COD4 & a person who is also a developer. 

I don't think it's worth investing in other COD game (outside from COD4) server because from what I've seen in the past, one hosting provider struck a deal with Activison, making it only exclusively to them. 

Hey Ben! I totally support just having a Cod4 server, even though as I stated above, its the least populated of the bunch. And the mods that I suggested don't have official supports, everything they do Is dedicated. Except for Call of Duty: Black Ops and World At War, which have dedicated hosting and a certain host provider that Activision has given permission to sell dedicated servers for those games. 

I could of course totally be wrong though, so feel free to prove me wrong 😛

Thanks for reading!

Vextrium ❤️

wah.png