Neon Cat

Deal with the devil: A few slight changes

Introduction:
Hello yes it's me, Neon Cat, back with another suggestion. As most of you probably know, deal with the devil is a serial killer and randy rando weapon that gives players 1 of 6 effects: greed, gluttony, deception, chaos, immense power, or devour your life. Each effect does something unique, ranging from extra credits to lifesteal. I have thought of a few small reworks for these effects, and I think they could be fun additions to the game.

The Changes:
- Ok so starting off with greed. I think this one is good as it is mostly, but thats not saying a small rework would hurt. One major problem with greed is that if a role other than randy or sk (especially a role without a shop) obtains a deal with the devil somehow, the effect can be completely useless since they either have nothing to spend the credits on, or only have basic detective or traitor weapons. A good way to get around this would be giving the user a shop containing all the weapons any roles can use (maybe give it 1 or 2 credits instead of 3 as a balance), so that even innos can get a use out of this effect.
- Next, lets go to gluttony. This one is also pretty good, the only problem is that it encourages players to camp in one area due to being insta-kosed by the chat message, and being much slower than a normal player. A balance I would like to see for this one would be instead of making it slower, just make it take 2-3x damage on headshots, so you can kill it much faster if you hit it in the head (giving it a weakness, and no longer giving a reason to camp).
- Ok, time for deception! This one, too, seems like it is already good as it is. But I think I thought of something that could be a cool addition. So basically, you should turn completely invisible (can't see playermodel, cosmetics, name while looking at you, or guns either). Now, the main change is that after getting shot or taking some other type of damage, you temporarily become completely visible for about 5 seconds, before turning invisible again (basically just don't get shot).
- C H A O S ! ! ! ! !  Ok this one is fucking amazing and nobody can convince me otherwise. I really think this one is already perfect and doesn't need any changes, but imma do it anyway B-). Now for this one, the only change I could think of would be making it 10x cooler by giving it a fucking FIRE TRAIL. Thats right, chaos should give you full fire resistance and make you spew flame from your ass. This flame should be similar to incend fire, except it should do slightly more damage, and leave a burning effect (similar to flare gun hits) on anyone who walks into it. As a nerf for it, I would make the damage reduction heavier, like -75% damage for gunshots and other types of damage.
- Immense power time. The real reason I made this post. This one had so much potential, but it's literally just a fucking +50% damage buff. Reminder that this is a SERIAL KILLER and RANDY RANDO shop item, and you could compare 1.5x damage from power to the 4.5x health given by gluttony. It's just really out of place with all the other deal with the devil effects. Ok sorry for the rant, I really despise this one though. Now on to the topic, I would change this one by giving the player a 3-4x damage buff, but also allowing all players to see an sk type wallhack, informing everyone of the player's location. This would allow the player to easily kill anyone who tries to attack them alone, while also making it very easy for players to group up to kill the sk/rdr.
- Ok, now the very boring one (at least in my opinion). Devour your life, basically just "you lose health but you gain health from kills" yeah its basically just vampire: at home edition, and I am still salty about getting this on a sudden death round. A change I would make to it is first, make it not able to kill the player. Being at 1 health is already enough, it doesn't need to kill people because of an unlucky commie bomb, or a bad randomat, or just a campy doorspamming player that runs all your health down when they are the last one. Another change would be giving it some kind of buff that is more powerful the lower your health is, but not powerful enough that it would discourage players from trying to gain health. Maybe something like 1.75x speed and 1.5x damage at 1 health, slowly decreasing to 1x (or maybe less) on both as you get to max health. Now, you may have thought it was over, but no the fun is just beginning. The player should get a trail or some other easy identifier to make them easy to spot, that gets more obvious the higher their health is. But, here's the twist. Once the player reaches max health, they stop losing health and gain a buff more powerful than any of the dwtd effects, something like 2x damage, 2.5x speed, double jump, wall climb, etc. Just something to make it incredibly powerful, and to make players hunt down the player before they become too powerful.

Conclusion:
I think that dwtd really needs a change, maybe not for all the effects, but at least for some. These changes are the best I could think of, and I will admit that some of them I made just to have that effect included in the post. But I think that at least most of these would be really cool to get added, though I would like to hear what everyone else thinks. Thanks for reading!

NeonCat(2).gif.2714539153eb7163f372ea5b400ea8bb.gif

Posted  Edited by killer.foxyLP

no expect for the devour your life
doesnt seem good to even nerf the sk and rr as randy rando already is hard to win
its all perfect how it is anyways expect for the devour your life that one sucks cause u are required to kill someone for this one or else u die
and also maybe the Immensive power too

Edited by killer.foxyLP

9 minutes ago, killer.foxyLP said:

no expect for the devour your life
doesnt seem good to even nerf the sk and rr as randy rando already is hard to win
its all perfect how it is anyways expect for the devour your life that one sucks cause u are required to kill someone for this one or else u die
and also maybe the Immensive power too

idk what you mean, I am not trying to nerf any of it lol, just trying to make it more fun to play

• 5 weeks later...

I love greed one, But what you saying is sk can just get randy weapons also from shop since effect would be applyed to the sk from using this? I think it would be better that you just get random weapon/item from any shop.

Just a gamer and helpful person.

1 hour ago, dmitric419 said:

I love greed one, But what you saying is sk can just get randy weapons also from shop since effect would be applyed to the sk from using this? I think it would be better that you just get random weapon/item from any shop.

I mean randy items aren't even that op, randy can get sk suitcase anyway so it actually doesn't make a huge difference