Mangost

rule against using quickchat as undead

Posted  Edited by Mangost

since undead shouldn't be able to communicate yet due to a bug they can use quickchat it should be considered an exploit and against the rules, nobody wants their t round ruined because a tbuddy was revived and is running around using quickchat to reveal the other traitors (or just other things where an undead can out their killer or something)

its supposed to be backup firepower, not a way to reveal the evils

Edited by Mangost

professional necromancer

3 things
1: traitors can't be revived, so not really a good point
2: overly complicated role specific rules aren't really fun, so I would say that just using quickchat binds as normal shouldn't be considered "exploiting", as it is a feature of the game.
3: I haven't got to it much due to other projects, but I am working on a fix to make the undead unable to use the quickchat binds, similar to shinigami.

NeonCat(2).gif.2714539153eb7163f372ea5b400ea8bb.gif

2 hours ago, Neon Cat said:

3 things
1: traitors can't be revived, so not really a good point
2: overly complicated role specific rules aren't really fun, so I would say that just using quickchat binds as normal shouldn't be considered "exploiting", as it is a feature of the game.
3: I haven't got to it much due to other projects, but I am working on a fix to make the undead unable to use the quickchat binds, similar to shinigami.

1. well i mean if its clear that something is a bug then it would be exploiting, if its clear that undeads shouldn't be able to communicate then it should be exploiting to use a glitch to still be able to chat

2. that fix would be nice

professional necromancer

1 hour ago, Mangost said:

1. well i mean if its clear that something is a bug then it would be exploiting, if its clear that undeads shouldn't be able to communicate then it should be exploiting to use a glitch to still be able to chat

I mean true, but its not really clear to everyone that its a bug. the fact that its a normal gameplay feature and that the undead can use it makes it not really count as exploiting to use it, and I wouldn't add any rules that are too complicated or role-specific (same reason we didn't add a rule for killing as pirate)

NeonCat(2).gif.2714539153eb7163f372ea5b400ea8bb.gif