Avi

April Fool's Content Feedback

April Fool's Content  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What April Fool's Content did you want to keep?

• ttt_roy_what_ship
    • TTT Groundscraper
    • TTT InnocentmotelletomtneconnI TTT
    • TTT Byeland
    • ttt_community_pools_closed
    • TTT Quarland
    • Dart Gun
    • Explosive Deagle
    • Fake Shotgun
    • Prop Disguiser
    • Stonks Playermodel
    • Buff Garfield Playermodel
  2. 2. What April Fool's Content did you want to remove?

• ttt_roy_what_ship
    • TTT Groundscaper
    • TTT InnocentmotelletomtneconnI TTT
    • TTT Byeland
    • ttt_community_pools_closed
    • TTT Quarland
    • Dart Gun
    • Explosive Deagle
    • Fake Shotgun
    • Prop Disguiser
    • Stonks Playermodel
    • Buff Garfield Playermodel

This poll is closed to new votes

Hello everyone!  Thank you for everyone that joined our April Fool's Event and checking out some silly content added for this event. 

First, thanks again to @AlphaOwl and @Rosalina ♥ for creating some of the maps we used for this event!

Now for the main reason for this thread.  This event helped serve as a small test for setting up future content updates on server, and I am looking for feedback for the things that were added this event.  Mainly, what content would you want to keep from this event?  What content would you like to see go from the event?  If we keep some of this content in server, are there things you would like to see change with the items?  Please take a moment to fill out the poll and leave a comment for suggestions you have.  

A few things:
1. prop disguiser is very abusable due to potential to clip out of bounds, and due to healing you to full when disguise deactivated. I think the clipping could be majorly reduced if whatever lets you ascend by repeatedly enabling and disabling the disguise were fixed, since even if you clip somewhere you are just stuck there until you die or the round ends, rather than potentially getting into unintended places (like the pool in pool's closed) or out of bounds entirely. Ideally the clipping would be fixed entirely but I don't know if there is any way to do so for the prop disguiser itself and fixing it with a blanket change could lead to unintended side effects other places depending on how. What i think should happen is that the prop disguiser prop health is relative to your health before using, and vice versa. For example, if you have 60 health, the prop would have 30, and you would have 60 when turning it off. For odd numbers, you could round up when halving for prop health (so 99 would be 50, 1 would be 2, etc.) and either store the actual health to set it back later, or just directly multiply by two (which would give one health back but not abusable since it wouldn't work more than once without other changes in health and the cooldown prevents its use to speed up health station healing). I could understand if it got removed but i kinda like it, though i could see either lowering the duration or making the duration have to recharge so you can't be a prop for like 25 seconds every 30

2. i'm not the first to think of this (i think it might have been alpha) but byeland or a map like it should be kept as something that can be manually set even if not in map vote because it can be used for boat races which helps add fun to low pop time

3. minor nitpick but if possible fixing the stonks corpse seizure could be a good idea (though i personally find it funny)

4. the explosive deag doesnt always kill its user, but very often kills people nearby. That should probably be reversed (kills user and explosion can kill nearby players) if it gets kept, along with either making it not count toward karma or making the damage credit to the user, to avoid karma loss from innos unknowingly picking it up

5. roy what ship is not good outside of april fools

6. i am obviously very biased but i think quarhouse should definitely stay normally. maybe add a connection to the basement that isnt the elevator, but other than that i think its a good map

7. innocentmotelletomntneconni is good, i like

8. dartgun has some bugs if i recall correctly, but other than that i think it is a good item, though i think if it isnt already make poison not stackable would be a good idea

9. im out of ideas

10. i lied, fake shotgun is a good item i like it, has the effect of explosive deag that it can be use to trick an inno into self kill, but not as collateral damage heavy

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

sirquaren moment

Posted  Edited by Cuddlecakes

I guess since Quaren did it, I might as well add suggestions as a list too. I haven't really played on the other maps or used the fake shotgun so I can't comment on them. But these are my two cents I guess.

1. Having the "TTT InnocentmotelletomtneconnI TTT" as a map that has a chance to replacing regular motel is a smart idea that Ty suggested. It adds a bit of variety to it. I haven't played Rot a lot but from my experience in Vanilla, the motel map was picked all the time. So perhaps this could spice things up.

2. I feel like the explosive deagle is just a more instantaneous jihad with the added benefit of not always killing the user which kinda defeated the purpose of the jihad to begin with. Not to mention that as Quaren stated, since it looks like a deagle and innocents may pick it up by accident.

3. I doubt the new models have worse hitboxes than the anime models so their addition is fine.

4. The "ttt_roy_what_ship" map is bad

5. The problem I have with "ttt_community_pools_closed" is that it doesn't add anything to the original map, it removes stuff instead. So unlike the April Fool's alternative to the innocent motel map, this one just feels like an inferior version in my opinion.

6. The dart gun does sound like an interesting item but it does needs to be fixed as I've heard that it apparently blinds people. I do not remember the criteria for that to happen so I may have to rewatch the clip because I remember someone saying it in voice chat.

Edited by Cuddlecakes

2 hours ago, Cuddlecakes said:

I guess since Quaren did it, I might as well add suggestions as a list too. I haven't really played on the other maps or used the fake shotgun so I can't comment on them. But these are my two cents I guess.

1. Having the "TTT InnocentmotelletomtneconnI TTT" as a map that has a chance to replacing regular motel is a smart idea that Ty suggested. It adds a bit of variety to it. I haven't played Rot a lot but from my experience in Vanilla, the motel map was picked all the time. So perhaps this could spice things up.

2. I feel like the explosive deagle is just a more instantaneous jihad with the added benefit of not always killing the user which kinda defeated the purpose of the jihad to begin with. Not to mention that as Quaren stated, since it looks like a deagle and innocents may pick it up by accident.

3. I doubt the new models have worse hitboxes than the anime models so their addition is fine.

4. The "ttt_roy_what_ship" map is bad

5. The problem I have with "ttt_community_pools_closed" is that it doesn't add anything to the original map, it removes stuff instead. So unlike the April Fool's alternative to the innocent motel map, this one just feels like an inferior version in my opinion.

6. The dart gun does sound like an interesting item but it does needs to be fixed as I've heard that it apparently blinds people. I do not remember the criteria for that to happen so I may have to rewatch the clip because I remember someone saying it in voice chat.

So the dart gun has three modes: temporary poison, temporary blindness, and temporary mute.  Poison does tick based damage, blindness changes visibility with a wavy texture over the screen (so you can still somewhat see), and mute prevents voice chat. You can click through with your mouse to choose which mode you are on (it doesnt do all three types at once). I do think a need is in order for how many shots it has.

Posted  Edited by AlphaOwl

Might as well throw my feedback in, although haven't gotten to experience everything fully.

1. I like the idea of innocentmotelletomtneconni remaining in the map pool with a small chance of playability. True I made the map out of a shitpost, but I mean people do seem to enjoy it, and it probably helps since the original map is still there as well, and it's the man we tended to vote for a lot.

2. I would like to see skyscraper more so than groundscraper itself. It's a wonderful map, and if configs for jihad radius and c4 could be established, I think the normal map could return to rotation once more. I think these two should be focused since they aren't LOS explosions but rather go through walls, and the size of the map being small isn't too swell to die to something just cause you didn't stand in one of the corners of the map.

3. As Quaren stated, after playing byeland with low population, I have decided to rework a new separate version for full fledged boat racing RP. I'm hoping that it could exist in the server files and possible rotation for small populations to enjoy and chill a bit.

4. I do want to see pool back, and pool's closed is all we got so far. I'm not sure whether we want to take a look at the old map file again or not, but I am currently working on a minor GFL rework version for rotation to play on, so to put things straight, let's bring back community pool.

5. If people do want Quarland to remain, I can rework areas to have more normalized playability. There are clearly areas for shitpost troll moments, but some of the changes I think are nice and round out the map a bit from being so narrow and tight.

6. I don't have many issues with the fake shotgun as others do, and from what I've seen it's on the mellow end of balance and could remain.

7. I like the dart gun, but I have a couple of gripes with it. One of the most annoying things is the setting on the gun being reset each time you pull it out. I have to cycle back through muteness and blindness to get back to them, as if defaults to poison. And secondly, supposedly blindness doesn't even work? I kind of find it hard since I have seen addons that "blind" players. Or for that matter, give blindness the same screen disorienting effect you get from poison and just remove that effect from poison. Poison just feels way too OP compared to the other ones, and I think should be nerfed to match the effect it can have on players. (Unless I'm being hit so quick from changing modes I could be wrong, but it always feels that I'm blinded and poisoned at the same time).

8. Explosive deagle is a bit of a mess and I do think it should be removed. We have an abundance of explosive traitor weapons, and having used it myself and seeing others use it, it's better off being a quicker and sometimes inconsistent jihad. You clear out the people around you if you survive, which can be devastating for large groups of people. Plus when put it the hands of troll players, it's just as bad as innos carrying unid body bombs towards players and blowing them up. Very rarely have I seen the original purpose of the explosive deagle being used, and I'm pretty sure that was from myself. It's fun, but the gun is a mess and not done well for Rotation.

9. As much as I love watching and using the prop disguiser, I think it should ultimately be removed. As Quaren glossed over, it should not reheal back to full HP, and I know it's partially due to some fucked up LUA coding, but at that point it's just a quick heal button that makes up for any damage done to them at all. Players getting out of props leading them to get out of the map may be possible to stop, but otherwise exploits increase tenfold due to them. I realistically don't think it can be fixed naturally, and so it's something we have to unfortunately let go.

10. I like both player models. Both are fun and popular, and it's nice to deviate a little for what people can wear in game.

Edited by AlphaOwl

Any Lua based coding issues on things people like can be fixed, wouldn't get rid of anything or put the concept to bed before we try to make a version ourselves that we like that fits the server.  Don't have much of an opinion on maps but ones that make gameplay more difficult or inconsistent should be removed (small or trolling maps).

Playermodels are fine until that stonks guy crashes the server with his vibration physics (might not actually happen, but I have seen servers crash for less).

Ok, here's my feedback:

• I love the prop disguiser, but my only issue is that I can occasionally get stuck in walls
  • Stonks playermodel has good vibrations (literally)
  • Fake Deagle is good
  • Fake Shotgun confused me since it wasn't like the Fake Deagle
  • Never got to experience Byeland
  • RoyWhatShip convinced me that RoyTheShip is a good map
  • Kinda split on the Poison Dart; I appreciate it's there, but the visual effect is distracting and annoying. Is it possible to replace it with a sound cue ("My gut!")?
  • Buff Garfield is love, buff Garfield is life
  • Love the boxing ring on QuarHouse, but the map has the issue of things that can be broken with the Lockpick (the elevator is a great example :lenny:)
  • Groundscraper was fun, but I think I'd prefer Skyscraper
  • TTT InnocentmotelletomtneconnI TTT is a great twist tsiwt taerg a si TTT InnocentmotelletomtneconnI TTT

Stay squiggly, my friends.

[Former] Admin: GFL Prop Hunt

Regular: TTT Rotation

On 4/10/2022 at 10:56 AM, Avi said:

So the dart gun has three modes: temporary poison, temporary blindness, and temporary mute.  Poison does tick based damage, blindness changes visibility with a wavy texture over the screen (so you can still somewhat see), and mute prevents voice chat. You can click through with your mouse to choose which mode you are on (it doesnt do all three types at once). I do think a need is in order for how many shots it has.

Dart gun does blind and posion at once, and if its stacked it blacks out your screen entirely, which is not fun. Also, I feel like the poison is a bit too powerful, as it leaves you at one tap to rifles and dealges, plus its got 4 shots so that's 4 easy kills. I personally don't like it, but I also see why others do, so Im not leaning either which way. But maybe a nerf can be considered if it stays?

kat.png.309b68b377e0f8438a3520f5959a56d0.png

Achievements

Thank you all that responded to this poll!  

First some things that were removed:
-ttt_community_pools_closed
-ttt_groundscaper
-ttt_roy_what_ship
-Explosive Deagle
-Prop Disguiser

Now with the Prop Disguiser, I know people enjoyed that item minus the weird bugs it has, so some suggestions on fixes were made, and if this item can be fixed, we will look at readding this to the server.

We have kept:
-ttt_innocentmotelletomtneconni_ttt
-ttt_byeland
-ttt_quarhouse
-Fake Shotgun
-Dart Gun
-Both Playermodels
For the Dart Gun, some changes have been made per suggestion.  First, the clip size has been nerfed from 5 to 3 shots.  The poison dart will do the same amount of damage (3-6 damage per tick of damage) but it will do less ticks of damage (7 ticks instead of 13).  The screen effect for the poison dart should be removed as well with this update.  We are also looking at keeping the mode you selected on holster and not having stack damage on the poison dart as well, so I'll keep you all updated on that as well.

• Avi locked this topic