Vauff

The State Of GFL ZE - November 2016

GFL Admin Team on vacation boys, for now, we promote old admins like me and Swegbuster

saMLC9V.jpg

Hit +1 if you agree and get that free emoji

Posted  Edited by Argyros
11 minutes ago, reduct said:

when regulars come on the server and don't know what self-muting/voice_enable 0 is. let me just !silence @all but whim cuz thats not aboose at all :lenny: :lenny: :lenny:

You could just make an alias and mute everyone every time you talk in the mic.

alias +sm_talk "+voicerecord; sm_mute @!me"
alias -sm_talk "-voicerecord; sm_unmute @!me"
bind v +sm_talk 

Edited by Argyros

On 11/24/2016 at 9:58 AM, Trexller said:

In my opinion though this will never get fixed. The server has a few regulars that are constantly spamming and get away with it because theyre funny, make conversations about current events, entertain by how rediculous they act (screaming, self glorifying) or are fidler. As long as these things are allowed there will always be some who disagree, get annoyed or feel the urge to spam theyre viewpoint in opposition. Im all for conversations and enjoy some of the autism when it goes down but half the people crying crying wolf dont get theyre part of the problem

I'm pretty sure this policy of populating the server through getting new players online is having a double edge sword effect, where you have new players want to beat a map, players want to spam mic and troll the items, and those regulars (i often see them in other servers) just coming in for having fun & trolling the map (because their server is low on population or worse empty). Even if we mute koni and kakarot doesn't make any difference. They will be more 'koni' and 'kakarot' to replace with but this time much more autism and trolling on behalf of their part. :llama:

21 hours ago, fuckyouerik said:

i was on during the time of this recording and i can safely say more than 80% of the server was laughing or sort of in on this. also, a major reason that people like kakarot and koni scream is one: it gets everyone riled up, and two: more people start fucking defending. theres always been doorhuggers (ive been doing ZE since source days), but its so fucking bad that people need a bit of screaming to stop hiding away. Also, theres a reason for !sm <playername> or voice_enable 0

I prefer this point because koni and kakarot can make some 'balance' with these people since they can have an argument over them so i can focus on carrying or leading the team. :lenny:

@Crusty less talk, more work please. These kind of threads pops up rather much more frequent recently is due to regulars can't take GFL anymore.

@BoostedMonkey Once in a while it was quite refreshing though, I kek'ed so hard

GFL needs to have more features related to muting here. What if I want to mute everyone but unmute one person ? !sm @all doesn't even work here IIRC, voice_enable 0 mutes everyone and I don't want that. Kakarot screaming is so much better than all the politics bullshit/false commands I have heard so far

9 hours ago, Shiki said:

GFL needs to have more features related to muting here. What if I want to mute everyone but unmute one person ? !sm @all doesn't even work here IIRC, voice_enable 0 mutes everyone and I don't want that. Kakarot screaming is so much better than all the politics bullshit/false commands I have heard so far

New mute and gag commands are in the works. Be patient young Padawan and everything will be okay.

etLqFFt.gif

Achievements

On 11/23/2016 at 10:24 PM, SwegBuster said:

It seems that some of the older ZE admins (myself included) need to come back and enforce some more harder restrictions.

This shouldn't be this cancerous on ZE. And way before of this autism it was actually pretty nice to admin on lol.

:shrug:

admins.png

On 11/24/2016 at 1:08 PM, reduct said:

when regulars come on the server and don't know what self-muting/voice_enable 0 is. let me just !silence @all but whim cuz thats not aboose at all :lenny: :lenny: :lenny:

When you have to mute the same people over and over again because the map changes I think it's safe to say the self-mute feature is broken. Blocking communications doesn't even carry over on a map change.