iLoveNapalm

It's Enough

Posted  Edited by Joshy

I wish you the best.  It's okay to to take breaks if you do choose to visit again.  I'm going to see if I can squeeze in this post real quick and edit in the rest 😛 I want first dibs.

edit:

Anyhow! I can tell you're a very talented and intelligent person, and probably a lot more than myself (that probably doesn't say very much since I set the bar pretty low 😅  yikes).  I think you're going to do really well with whatever you choose in the future.

Regarding some of your comments:  I'm very surprised.  Hopefully you are okay.  I think very few people would want you gone or banned, and it's well-known that you are a very strong contender for Community Representative; I would also imagine it's still a highly desirable vision for a lot of folks here.  I think you've had a lot of good suggestions and I don't think a lot of people disagree with them.  Big thanks for sharing them with us.  I did disagree with only one among the many and I shared its relevant history, and so I hope you didn't mistake that as some big blanket rejection.

I'm sure you've heard of that classic proverb "you catch more flies with honey than with vinegar."  A little bit nasty in my opinion, but its meaning is probably worth taking note of.  There are a lot practical ways to share suggestions and criticism without the very negative stuff.  I wont deny it's a skill that I've been needing to improve on too, but just being "right" or having "good" ideas doesn't necessarily give you a free ticket to do whatever you want as a means to an end.  You might get lucky and it might work for you sometimes more often on extremely trivial matters, but maintaining that approach will likely get you burned especially when you sometimes have to fulfill the role of being a team player too.  I've been burned by the bad method and luckily it happened here because this is only a gaming community.  When you come across this in real life opportunities...  this old way of thinking (I'm right so I need to do it my way and anyone who disagrees with me is an idiot)... it's going to create huge barriers and limitations, which would be a shame for someone like you.  I've had a little faith in this alternative approach suggested by the proverb and I'm seeing why a lot of people say it: It works!  It has definitely tilt the odds in my best interest and has opened up a lot of opportunities.  I really do hope you may consider it too or find ways to slowly implement it into your approach because I think it will reward you just the same as it has for me.  I'm not suggesting to be entirely dismissive or to join the herd, but use that creativity and your critical thinking skills to find another way.

Best wishes and good luck!

Edited by Joshy

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

You are always welcome on Rotation and we always enjoy your company.  Don't be a stranger and hopefully you'll still visit occasionally.  I understand leaving something behind and what it takes to do that, but I know you'll find what works best for you and hopefully you'll be happy in the long run.

No matter what anyone says, it's hard to really dispute that the you put your genuine effort in trying to help GFL. But... Having that sense of alienation when you haven't had something directly addressed doesn't feel good, and it's not something anyone deserves even if other people don't always realize that it's there. You've definitely given some thought to everyone in the time that you've been here while also giving what you see as the unfiltered truth. Even if it was stressful to go into that debate and to keep things neutral and equal, I still admire the that you were willing to give open criticism even if I didn't necessarily agree with everything you said. Thanks for sticking around for as long as you have, Napalm. Whether the pastures ahead will be lush, withered, or something in between, be sure to hold out in the best way that you can.

[Signature]

Achievements

You're too good for this place 🤐

Anyway, without blowing my own casket, I hope this isn't a goodbye to the rotters, you're always very welcome there. Who else will constantly guess at aspects of my life 😁

See ya around Napalm and be safe. 

Mr Napalm. I didn’t expect this so soon, but all good things must end. You will never be forgotten, for good reasons and bad. I will miss being wrecked by you on rot, and the vip you gave me will always remain in my heart. See ya on rotocraft

Today is the day the napalm stopped burning.

I am sure we will still talk on Discord from time to time, or at least I hope so, Rotation will be losing one of the good ones.  

As I discussed before with you public reputation here isn't that large of a deal (unless you are going for some sort of role here), but you will always have a good reputation with your bois on server.

I also enjoy logical discussions about things and I think we both feel the same way when things are just denied or excluded for no reason, and we usually don't stay quiet about it. Hopefully people willing to challenge things aren't a dying breed in GFL.  We both seem to have shared opinions on Purge, and slowly most of our suggestions are getting through, I will stay persistent for you 😉

This is a community of feel goods and emotional debates, while there is logical discussion to be had with some staff and players I would say overall that any criticism that isn't sugar coated won't get you far.  I would recommend upon returning if you do to put on some blinders and stick to Rotation.  From the beginning of my time in GFL on Rotation the SMs at any time were pretty receptive to even jokes or criticisms regarding the server crashing or things being broken and they didn't even know who I was.  It is truly an interesting and unique community in my eyes.

Regardless this is turning into more of a discussion and less of a goodbye, hit me up in DMs if you wanna chill or play something, we will miss you in Discord and on server.

I enjoyed all this discussions we’ve had over the last few months. Even if it’s not on rotation, I best see you on some other games we play. Take care man, and best of luck on your path. You’ve got a bright future ahead of you. 

Yeaup.  I've gone ahead and removed contentious comments.  Sorry it's difficult to give a specific measure on whether or not it's contentious, but my rule of thumb is going to be if it seems more likely to start an argument we'll probably take action on it.  Thanks.

It is with absolute certainty that your absence from the server itself will affect everyone since you are one of the funniest people I've met on GFL

You did predict the fall of TTT MC and once again your voice is being silenced but the people still want you around man

Από έναν αδερφό 🇬🇷 προς έναν άλλον 🇦🇲

Ilovenapalm OWNS stupid egirl.png

Much love to my Armenian brother. I completely understand how you may feel, and just know that I'm always available to talk and such. I agree with both Joshy and Kevin's posts in that I don't believe that people truly want you gone from here forever and neither does your feedback fall on deaf ears, sometimes it's pretty crucial when it's not sugarcoated but it's the blunt truth as that, and that stuff you've suggested is slowly but surely being implemented. I know some people enjoy to play on the servers without getting to invested into GFL itself, which I'm sure is quite fun since I'd imagine people want to enjoy the servers first and foremost before taking a dive into the community and GFL identity so to speak. Just remember that we're always open arms here on Rotation. Hope if things do line up well, that we end up in the same college (and apartment setup) in a year or so. Until then, rest up, and let's keep talking like always. Although this may not be halal, do what's best for yourself.

19 hours ago, AlphaOwl said:

Much love to my Armenian brother. I completely understand how you may feel, and just know that I'm always available to talk and such. I agree with both Joshy and Kevin's posts in that I don't believe that people truly want you gone from here forever and neither does your feedback fall on deaf ears, sometimes it's pretty crucial when it's not sugarcoated but it's the blunt truth as that, and that stuff you've suggested is slowly but surely being implemented. I know some people enjoy to play on the servers without getting to invested into GFL itself, which I'm sure is quite fun since I'd imagine people want to enjoy the servers first and foremost before taking a dive into the community and GFL identity so to speak. Just remember that we're always open arms here on Rotation. Hope if things do line up well, that we end up in the same college (and apartment setup) in a year or so. Until then, rest up, and let's keep talking like always. Although this may not be halal, do what's best for yourself.

who is that handsome gentleman, is it the rightful community rep iLoveNapalm? wow! great moves, keep it up.

Napalm. My Man. You will be greatly missed by me and most of rotation. You were always one of my favorite players to talk with and enjoy the game with. You made the server very enjoyable and it was always a pleasure to see you hop on. I'll miss you my friend. Take care

Posted  Edited by iLoveNapalm

This might be late and irrelevant by now but I just want it to be known that I did not approve or endorse any of the negative comments written on this post to be stricken down. I did not want MutedMike's post or that person I've never seen's post to be deleted. Although I really do appreciate having some people looking over my shoulder and watching my back (thank you bluesky ily <3), I know what it's like to be censored and it's not fun. Sure a goodbye post might not be the best place to criticize someone but purge general might not have been a good place either for me to do what I did either. 

I am a big fan of a Philosopher by the name of John Stuart Mill, one of the founding fathers of one of the three main political theories, Liberalism. He argues for free speech (unless the speech causes individual and imminent danger) in 3 ways. His first argument says that people should not be silenced because it's possible they are correct. His second argument states that even if what the opposition is saying is incorrect (which we can almost never be 100% certain of because that would make us infallible) they should still not be silenced as you can create a better understanding and strengthen your own argument. And his last argument as to why people should not be silenced is, because in most cases, there is a mix of right and wrong. The opposition should not be silenced as what they are saying may have truth to it, so, whether what someone is saying is true or not, it should not be silenced. 

Again, I know goodbye posts are not the place to criticize but I don't mind it happening to me. I didn't laugh or enjoy the fact that those posts were deleted, otherwise why would I even write this, I actually didn't like MutedMike's post being deleted. If I had a problem with those posts, make no mistake, I would've came to a forum mod and asked if it could be deleted, but that's not me. No matter what the reason is, whether I'm the one criticizing or being criticized, I do not like censorship.

So anyways, I know what it's like to be censored and it's not fun. I sympathize with you in that regard. However, if you want to discuss anything (and this does go for everyone, but I would like to address some of your comments specifically, MutedMike), please feel free to DM me as goodbye posts are not the best place to have discussions. @MutedMike

John Stuart Mill quote: He who knows only his own side of the case...

Edited by iLoveNapalm

1220477669_DirtyNapalm.png.0392f56ab3131f658f6d2af6d68aab6e.png

(Thank you @Mister Spiffy for the banner)

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Joshy

Thanks for the feedback.  I'll be watching this thread all the same.  If anyone would like to get their negative messages to Napalm something that I would probably hide here, then they can use private DM or PM (here's a link for you for your convenience).  Please do not post it here.

Edited by Joshy