Tokes

Tokes's Mute/Ban Appeal for CWRP

Posted  Edited by Tokes

My in-game name: I think it was Tokes way back in the day. But my steam name is Griffin

My SteamID: STEAM_0:1:52945956

Reason: Spamming chat, disrespect? idk

Admin: Wren I think?

Why this should be revoked:

It was late at night a few month ago, myself Flinger, Scorch and Cole were sitting in a VC while I was tripping balls on acid. For a bit of meme we thought it would be funny if I spammed join and leave with stupid names to flood chat with dumb shit. I deeply and sincerely apologize for my grotesque actions on that fateful night. I realize that some people may have been hurt by the words that I said and I'm really sorry about that. I'd really like to be unbanned so that I could come around and hang out sometimes. 

Edited by Tokes

Posted  Edited by R3NWR3N

Hello!

I am indeed the Admin that had banned you!
You were banned for an attempted DDOS.

Let me state why,

Firstly you had attempted to
reconnect & disconnect over 25+ times - This has been known to lag the server and was reported by other members of staff as DDOS as it has been done previously.
Secondly with these reconnects you had changed your username twice to something nowhere near appropriate which included slang/racism and/or harassment.
Lastly after your ban you then changed your steam profile name to "YOU THINK YOU CAN STOP ME WREN?" in an attempt to scare or make aware that this wouldn't be the last of you or this 'act'.
Addition being that this was an ALT account that you used, I presume to avoid being noticed on your main, as than you later joined the server to shoot at troopers and act with general mingery in a VC on your main account only weeks afterwards which was banned after the connection was made.

Whether or not you were "Not Sober" or simply "doing it for the meme" this behavior is not tolerated, AND if this is your way of "memeing" then you should be rethinking how you act & the consequences of them a little more.

I still stand with keeping this ban in place, ESPICALLY since you re-joined the server to only minge and avoid the ban on your ALT account.

You should be in control & remove yourself from situations like this when OR before you're under the influence of acid or alcohol - and if this is what you act like while intoxicated then I wouldn't be surprised if your sober behavior isn't far off from it from a minge/troll which was shown with you shooting at troopers during an event that you joined on your main account avoiding the ban.

In short -
This behavior whether or not your were not sober is not tolerated and the ban in my opinion should stay.
Because:

* Usage of ALT account during the attempt (ALT account: STEAM_0:1:98172063 - REAL account: STEAM_0:1:52945956)
* Attempted action well over 25+ times, which included racial slurs and harassments twice.
* Avoided ban on main account to shoot/minge people during event w/ your friends once again which was later banned.

For messages in TEXT HERE format read my reply below

(Images from the Ban & profile change are attached!)

tokes 1.JPG

tokes 2.JPG

tokes 3.JPG

tokes 4.JPG

Edited by R3NWR3N

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Tokes

First of all, I don't see how leaving and joining the server can be classed as a DDOS attack. I had no idea that it was actually affecting the server's integrity. But I apologize for effecting the gameplay of those on the server while I was leaving/joining. While I agree that my sobriety is not an excuse for my actions I do deeply regret what I did under the influence. I honestly feel horrible that I said such terrible things. While under this influence I was being egged on by my friends to push much further than my normal ethical limits go into the realm of harassments.  I agree that I said some frankly sickening things, but we have all done things that we regret in life. I believe that I should be given a second chance to play on this cool server with all of you cool people. 

As for the "YOU THINK YOU CAN STOP ME WREN" Name It was a joke, and nothing more. I did not mean to scare you or anyone else on the staff team by this. The fact that I was indeed stopped by you is proof of this. The attack ended that night and nothing further happened. I used an alt account more for Cole and Finger's sake than my own, I didn't want to get them in trouble as I had them added on my main account. 

55 minutes ago, R3NWR3N said:

I still stand with keeping this ban in place, ESPICALLY since you re-joined the server to only minge and avoid the ban on your ALT account.

As for this, this is completely false. I never rejoined the server on an alt. I never even fully connected to the server on the night that I got banned. I simply joined and disconnected. There's no way to avoid a source ban as far as I know. 

You should be in control & remove yourself from situations like this when OR before you're under the influence of acid or alcohol - and if this is what you act like while intoxicated then I wouldn't be surprised if your sober behavior isn't far off from it from a minge/troll

I agree, I have been in a rehab program for my drug/alcohol usage and I am now 2 months sober. I can assure you that I am a completely different person while under the influence than while sober. I went through a dark time in my life and I coped with the pain through a mixture of Trolling on Gmod servers and drug/alcohol usage. The person that I used to be is frankly disgusting to me now. I like to thing I've turned over a new leaf in my life, and I'd like to turn a new one over in this community as well. 

with you shooting at troopers during an event that you joined on your main account avoiding the ban.

I legitimately have no idea what you are referring to with this. My main account was found to be linked to the alt and was banned before I even attempted to join the server on my main. I have not been on GFL since the night that I spammed leave/join. 

To finish this off I just want to reiterate how sorry I am. I legitimately lose sleep thinking about the person that I used to be. GFL is such a great community and I would love to be a part of it again if you all would have me. 

Thanks for reading, I hope you all have a good night 🙂

Edited by Tokes

Posted  Edited by R3NWR3N

Okay so -

I've looked back at the situation,
and yes you're actually correct that you didn't join back as I had mistaken you for "Waifuking23 / Drago" (your steam friend) which was the one shooting at the troopers - Your main was banned on this exact day which is why I got the two mistaken and that's my fault entirely! Apologies.
BUT Nonetheless you both joined the discord server and VCs at the same time and were in the call all throughout them joining 501st, the event, and when they left (and If I remember correctly they were also kicked from 501st) which brings me to a opinion that you could have possibly influenced their actions on the server including the command of "p_texturize 11" that was being spread around that people were told to put into console (It's a command that breaks textures, and only fix is to leave the server or the game entirely) at the time.

"It was late at night a few month ago, myself Flinger, Scorch and Cole were sitting in a VC"
Convenient that this appeal was also submitted right during todays incident with your friends Cole, Scorch, and other fellow members from "Zog" had invaded.
Yet again because the connections of appeal timing and this same exact group along with your statements of "egged on by my friends" comes into view whether or not your purpose is to join them.

"I used an alt account more for Cole and Finger's sake than my own, I didn't want to get them in trouble as I had them added on my main account"
Your actions shouldn't be placing anything ill/ban/warn on your friends unless themselves commit something bannable so there shouldn't need to be anything to hide by going as far as to be smart enough on drugs to use an alt account, Unless there is? - Though them being an encouragement is definitely horrible since you weren't entirely all there BUT I would say you still had your own motive to reconnect after those 20+ times instead of stopping after the first 7 which was plenty to fill the entire chat box, unless they really wanted that set number of 25+ from you? + your statement of "mixture of Trolling on Gmod servers" says you're not new to this sort of behavior in & out of the acid usage.

Though, Congratulations on seeking treatment and getting through your ordeal - It's good to see you're now happily 2 months safely in!

This ban was labeled as a DDOS after discussion at the time which is a permanent ban.

Seeing how there was slurs/racism + using an ult + changing your steam profile to target me and induce something of a “not the end of me" all combined I'm still a +1 for keeping this ban simply for the multitude of things combined into this particular DDOS.

Whether or not it sticks as a Permanent Ban though is up to the SA, as I won't lie I wasn't aware that the constant rejoining to spam the chat box was labeled as a DDOS attempt either & could create lag but there's a first for everything so we’ll see what they particularly say about the length of your said ban.

But I think that’s about everything I can recall, Good luck on your appeal.

Edited by R3NWR3N

Achievements

This appeal has been denied. Under no state of mind should you be attempting to DDoS a server by spamming join and leave messages with a racist username or any username. 

Banner.png.4ed942e76c212bc645c44dcd7df52974.png