• No
  2. 2. Add back Stalker?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Add Shotgun Rebalancing?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/02/2022 at 03:59 AM

Posted  Edited by The1337Gh0st - Edit Reason: added continuation post

I would like some feedback on the following ideas:

Replace Defective with Mercenary

Currently, one of the most troublesome roles on the server to handle is the Defective. While it is a cool role in concept, it unfortunately has issues that comes with it due to its unique position as a direct counter to Detectives. Balancing the role has been a pain to handle, and most of the time it ends up being KOS'd after a few detectives are left remaining or being unable to perform detective-specific actions (e.g. using a detective-only door on a map). If it were removed, it would be replaced with the Mercenary, which would be a Traitor role with an identical shop to the Defective and would instead serve as a counter to Survivalists. Removing it would also allow for a few QOL changes for Detectives, such as being able to pick up Health Stations.

Add Back Stalker

Originally, Stalker was added in to serve as a direct counter to the Lookout to prevent it from being instantly proven. However, people tended to not like it seeing as how it may not be strong enough to warrant losing a credit over it. I have heard though that some people are interested in adding it back due to the unique playstyle that Stalker offers.

Shotguns Rework

One of the things that TTT Weapon Rework adds in is for shotguns to have fixed spread by having a pellet shoot near the middle, then have a bunch of random pellets go through. Additionally, it causes shotguns to only require 1 pellet to hit to count towards the full damage rather than requiring each individual pellet to hit. Both of these come with the drawback of having harsher damage falloff compared to the current version of shotgun balancing. While this may make shotguns easier and more convenient to use, I also fear that it would make them too strong seeing as how TTT Weapon Rework also relies on the shotguns being weaker than usual.

For a continuation of this post:

Edited by The1337Gh0st
added continuation post

Achievements

imo mercenary seems better than defective, traitors are supposed to be secret and having one of them be pretty much just obviously pointed out is not good, and the det shop doesn't help it much either. and stalker, i never got to play as it and it seems really interesting (main thing i can think of is watching like an ankh with a remote-slam placed on it for when a bunch of people are near)

professional necromancer