Rhysin_

I'm Bitching About (Mostly) Small Stuff

Posted  Edited by BlazingArson

Mainly writing this to get these out of my head, they are mostly minor enough to be inconsequential.

Remove the text message that shows up when you hit an ankh on your team.

• Reasoning: Screws over sidekick-pharaoh/doppelganger-pharaoh/undecided -> pharaoh -> evil/etc. These don't change the color of the ankh, but if you smack an ankh on your team a text box will show telling you not to break a team mates ankh. So, any team change after the pharaoh places the ankh is easily screwed over from this, which is just meant to keep innocents from breaking the ankh without knowing what it is.

Make Shinigami more rare

• Reasoning: While personally, I'd prefer this BS role to be removed entirely, I understand that's unlikely. Instead, I propose it being a fairly uncommon role, instead of showing up at least twice in 5 rounds. It's very strong on most maps and in most hands and punishes evil roles for doing their jobs. To reduce how annoying this role is, this is the way to go.

Make Mad Bomber not use Custom Jihad Sounds

• Reasoning: I am unsure how possible that is, but it would be cool. Despite it being against the rules, I feel like often people kos off them, even if no one realizes. Hasn't happened to me because I don't generally use custom Jihad's, but knowing Anarchy's community, I don't doubt it happens and goes unnoticed.

Make Tracker toggleable

• Reasoning: I know I am not the only one Tracker lags out. This would take editing trackers code to be possible, but if reasonably easy, would be worth it. Also possibly make it switch between tracker and radar to make up for it? I don't know about that, I just find it annoying to get Mad Bomber and lag a hell of a lot cause of the Tracker.

Remove Stalker Again

• Reasoning: To fuck with the people who wanted it back lol. But seriously, its worse than normal T, the camera's not really being useful. You can put them at t room exits/entrances to make sure you have a clean escape, but thats still not going to be that useful. Especially since there are people like me, who smack every camera because it could be a Stalker stalking me :3. Its just a dumb role, I don't see why people wanted it back.

Make Mercenary Take the Spot of a Survivalist

• Reasoning: Currently, Mercenary has a similar issue to Defective, where it can easily be outed if people use their brains. Only 2 Survivalist can spawn per round. If both die but Mercenary is claiming Survivalist, they are clearly Mercenary. Killed. Not as big of a deal as Defective because people don't have brains though.

Fix the Scores of Roles

• Reasoning: Events

Remove Pirate

• Reasoning: I said I wasn't going to put this on this list, but I'm doing it anyway because fuck it. Pirate is a shit role. Despite the extreme damage debuff, someone with a small bit of skill, like me, can still cause chaos by RDMing a few people uncontracted and then throwing my contract. And Also, there's the thing I said in discord yesterday; if Pirates get contracted with the Traitor team and the neither the Captain or the contract holding Traitor dies, then the pirates can just out all of the Traitor team. It is an incredibly stupid way to lose your Traitor round because someone else is unskilled. And also, it bugs out if there are ever more than 2 Captains, where both can give out their contract, but if one holder dies, both contracts are broken, but only one gets the contract back. The other is then permanently stuck on the Pirate team. I just will never believe this role functions properly in TTT.

Suggestions from Phee

image.png.792d9194273743af29654c3cf57137c1.png

• My Thoughts:
    • Training for New Admins: When I was admin, there was pretty much no training for new admins. They had to learn from the go. Even TTT MC had decent training for new admins, generally done by senior staff, which I am aware that Anarchy only has one of according to the staff list, so just let any full admin that knows what they are doing give staff some basic training if they currently aren't, or give more trusted people senior admin and have them do it. Many of Anarchy's current and future admins are/will be new to GMod TTT Admining, it'd be good to tell them exactly how all the stuff works.
    • Application Requirements: While not exactly unclear, I do think that the requirements are pretty relaxed. Yes, Anarchy is/was meant to be a relaxed server, but 20 hours as the minimum with how active this server is and how many people come for like a week and then never show up again, that's a bit low. My suggestion would be somewhere from 50-80 hours that arent from like a year ago, with at least 4 hours in the past week (which i think is a current req), and generally good activity for the past month. And obviously, no large amount of past infractions, no very bad infractions (slur infractions, mass bans), and general good behaviour on all gfl platforms (server, discord, forums).
    • Prop Flying: Prop flying can be kos or not imo, I think its fine either way as long as its still warnable and kosable if they go into impossible areas.
    • Marker: Marker was somewhat fun, though I know a lot of people loved it. I wouldn't mind it coming back, I used to be against it because of how buggy it was, but it wasn't too bad. A lot of people seem to want it back, while I wouldn't be ecstatic about another round disturbance role (like Kobold), it wouldn't be that bad.

I wrote this while tired and proofread none of it so sorry not osrry if it doesnt make sense, i just want to put some of my bitching here for funsies

Edited by BlazingArson

1023626940_forumsignature.thumb.png.6378b8a403e329b9a4bf21267af67896.png
Made by @Clavers

6 minutes ago, BlazingArson said:

Mainly writing this to get these out of my head, they are mostly minor enough to be inconsequential.

• Reasoning: Screws over sidekick-pharaoh/doppelganger-pharaoh/undecided -> pharaoh -> evil/etc. These don't change the color of the ankh, but if you smack an ankh on your team a text box will show telling you not to break a team mates ankh. So, any team change after the pharaoh places the ankh is easily screwed over from this, which is just meant to keep innocents from breaking the ankh without knowing what it is.

Make Shinigami more rare

• Reasoning: While personally, I'd prefer this BS role to be removed entirely, I understand that's unlikely. Instead, I propose it being a fairly uncommon role, instead of showing up at least twice in 5 rounds. It's very strong on most maps and in most hands and punishes evil roles for doing their jobs. To reduce how annoying this role is, this is the way to go.

• Reasoning: I am unsure how possible that is, but it would be cool. Despite it being against the rules, I feel like often people kos off them, even if no one realizes. Hasn't happened to me because I don't generally use custom Jihad's, but knowing Anarchy's community, I don't doubt it happens and goes unnoticed.

Make Tracker toggleable

• Reasoning: I know I am not the only one Tracker lags out. This would take editing trackers code to be possible, but if reasonably easy, would be worth it. Also possibly make it switch between tracker and radar to make up for it? I don't know about that, I just find it annoying to get Mad Bomber and lag a hell of a lot cause of the Tracker.

Remove Stalker Again

• Reasoning: To fuck with the people who wanted it back lol. But seriously, its worse than normal T, the camera's not really being useful. You can put them at t room exits/entrances to make sure you have a clean escape, but thats still not going to be that useful. Especially since there are people like me, who smack every camera because it could be a Stalker stalking me :3. Its just a dumb role, I don't see why people wanted it back.

• Reasoning: Currently, Mercenary has a similar issue to Defective, where it can easily be outed if people use their brains. Only 2 Survivalist can spawn per round. If both die but Mercenary is claiming Survivalist, they are clearly Mercenary. Killed. Not as big of a deal as Defective because people don't have brains though.

Fix the Scores of Roles

Remove Pirate

• Reasoning: I said I wasn't going to put this on this list, but I'm doing it anyway because fuck it. Pirate is a shit role. Despite the extreme damage debuff, someone with a small bit of skill, like me, can still cause chaos by RDMing a few people uncontracted and then throwing my contract. And Also, there's the thing I said in discord yesterday; if Pirates get contracted with the Traitor team and the neither the Captain or the contract holding Traitor dies, then the pirates can just out all of the Traitor team. It is an incredibly stupid way to lose your Traitor round because someone else is unskilled. And also, it bugs out if there are ever more than 2 Captains, where both can give out their contract, but if one holder dies, both contracts are broken, but only one gets the contract back. The other is then permanently stuck on the Pirate team. I just will never believe this role functions properly in TTT.

Suggestions from Phee

image.png.792d9194273743af29654c3cf57137c1.png

• My Thoughts:
    • Training for New Admins: When I was admin, there was pretty much no training for new admins. They had to learn from the go. Even TTT MC had decent training for new admins, generally done by senior staff, which I am aware that Anarchy only has one of according to the staff list, so just let any full admin that knows what they are doing give staff some basic training if they currently aren't, or give more trusted people senior admin and have them do it. Many of Anarchy's current and future admins are/will be new to GMod TTT Admining, it'd be good to tell them exactly how all the stuff works.
    • Application Requirements: While not exactly unclear, I do think that the requirements are pretty relaxed. Yes, Anarchy is/was meant to be a relaxed server, but 20 hours as the minimum with how active this server is and how many people come for like a week and then never show up again, that's a bit low. My suggestion would be somewhere from 50-80 hours that arent from like a year ago, with at least 4 hours in the past week (which i think is a current req), and generally good activity for the past month. And obviously, no large amount of past infractions, no very bad infractions (slur infractions, mass bans), and general good behaviour on all gfl platforms (server, discord, forums).
    • Prop Flying: Prop flying can be kos or not imo, I think its fine either way as long as its still warnable and kosable if they go into impossible areas.
    • Marker: Marker was somewhat fun, though I know a lot of people loved it. I wouldn't mind it coming back, I used to be against it because of how buggy it was, but it wasn't too bad. A lot of people seem to want it back, while I wouldn't be ecstatic about another round disturbance role (like Kobold), it wouldn't be that bad.

I wrote this while tired and proofread none of it so sorry not osrry if it doesnt make sense, i just want to put some of my bitching here for funsies

ankh thing: yes definitely, agree with everything you said
shini thing: yes, I think it could be more rare. I think we should add a few more roles with the same respawning with no chat style, but maybe not as powerful as shinigami. still should only happen like 2 or 3 times a map though
mad bomber thing: I think that if you are that worried about it, you can disable your jihad sound. if you get rdmed/kosed for a jihad sound, report whoever did it. I honestly don't think its worth the coding.
tracker thing: I am pretty sure tracker was removed from bomber due to being insanely broken with jihad being able to go through walls, but nevertheless this should be added because especially with the wallhack randy event, this can be extremely laggy and just generally be more of a pain than its worth.
stalker thing: so when I said stalker should be added back, I basically said that it should have def shop instead of t shop. this would still sometimes make it just a worse t, but it lets you have several different options of ways to play.
merc thing: I said what I want on the last suggestion, but still I agree with this.
score thing: impostor moment (yes please do)
pirate thing: for the first part, I just want to give a fun fact: unless something was changed, you are still 100% allowed to kill pirates that killed people before being contracted. throwing the contract doesn't change anything, if they shot you or another person you can kill them. for the second part, I don't think there is anything we can do about this. its a pretty rare thing to happen, so I wouldn't worry about it 😛
training thing: gh0st/hax g
ive admin training to new admins now, if they need it
requirements thing: yeah, I would say about 75 hours to apply and a relatively good infraction history should be needed to apply for admin.
prop fly thing: I don't think it should be kosable, you can kos off people getting to unreachable areas but really the rest of the time people just fall to their death
marker thing: I basically have the same story as you, I was really against marker when it was still in, but I really would like to see it back now. it was one of the more fun roles in anarchy, and I think its actually fairly balanced (it would need to be a bit rare though)

NeonCat(2).gif.2714539153eb7163f372ea5b400ea8bb.gif

7 hours ago, Neon Cat said:

its a pretty rare thing to happen

Not really, not super stupid common but def not rare.

l 100% allowed to kill pirates that killed people before being contracted. throwing the contract doesn't change anything

Sure, people don't don't do it though, and my main point about that was it's still pretty easy to kill as uncontracted pirate

if you get rdmed/kosed for a jihad sound, report whoever did it

While. I said I'm sure it does happen I also said I'm sure it goes unnoticed, meaning people wouldn't know to report them. It's very likely that it's happening and no one notices cause it can be hard to tell who is around you when you explode

Made by @Clavers

2 hours ago, BlazingArson said:

It's very likely that it's happening and no one notices cause it can be hard to tell who is around you when you explode

imo, this is one of the major reasons that you can respond to reports. if you get kosed as mad bomber and you didn't see anyone who could have kosed you, just report them and they can tell you why they KOSed you (you can also check death scenes if you don't believe them)

16 hours ago, BlazingArson said:

Honestly this seems like an oversight, but I also don't know why people would go around whacking ankhs to "test" them. I'll remove it if it's an issue.

Make Shinigami more rare

I'll consider making it rarer.

Replacing it with a regular suicide bomb sound would be pretty easy as I just have to remove the code that causes it to check for custom sounds. Originally, I left in the custom sound as a joke, but if it's an issue, I can remove it.

Make Tracker toggleable

I honestly think that the Tracker is fine as it is, but I'll see if I can edit the tracker to be toggleable.

Remove Stalker Again

I do agree that Stalker in its current form kinda sucks, but I feel like giving it a buff of some sort or reworking it would be better than removing it outright.

Due to the way that TTT2 is set up, it does not support spawning roles to replace outside of its team with other teams.

Fix the Scores of Roles

Scoring probably does need to be fixed for several teams, and it's been something that's been put off. Feel free to make any suggestions on roles that need to be fixed.

Remove Pirate

I do agree that Pirate on paper sounds like a fun role to use, but it more than often leads to uncontracted RDM and being a pain to set the rules around. I'll consider removing it.

Training for New Admins: When I was admin, there was pretty much no training for new admins. They had to learn from the go. Even TTT MC had decent training for new admins, generally done by senior staff, which I am aware that Anarchy only has one of according to the staff list, so just let any full admin that knows what they are doing give staff some basic training if they currently aren't, or give more trusted people senior admin and have them do it. Many of Anarchy's current and future admins are/will be new to GMod TTT Admining, it'd be good to tell them exactly how all the stuff works.

Ever since I became Server Manager for TTT Anarchy, I started to personally train new staff members, explaining to them some of the tools they use as staff and what I would be expecting from them.

Application Requirements: While not exactly unclear, I do think that the requirements are pretty relaxed. Yes, Anarchy is/was meant to be a relaxed server, but 20 hours as the minimum with how active this server is and how many people come for like a week and then never show up again, that's a bit low. My suggestion would be somewhere from 50-80 hours that arent from like a year ago, with at least 4 hours in the past week (which i think is a current req), and generally good activity for the past month. And obviously, no large amount of past infractions, no very bad infractions (slur infractions, mass bans), and general good behaviour on all gfl platforms (server, discord, forums).

I'll consider adding in new minimum requirement for admin applications.

Prop Flying: Prop flying can be kos or not imo, I think its fine either way as long as its still warnable and kosable if they go into impossible areas.

Prop flying rules were recently relaxed to only be against the rules if they are being used to gain an in-game advantage (e.g. getting into an impossible area).

Marker: Marker was somewhat fun, though I know a lot of people loved it. I wouldn't mind it coming back, I used to be against it because of how buggy it was, but it wasn't too bad. A lot of people seem to want it back, while I wouldn't be ecstatic about another round disturbance role (like Kobold), it wouldn't be that bad.

I'll consider asking the community for feedback on adding back Marker.

Achievements

Posted  Edited by BlazingArson
8 hours ago, Neon Cat said:

imo, this is one of the major reasons that you can respond to reports. if you get kosed as mad bomber and you didn't see anyone who could have kosed you, just report them and they can tell you why they KOSed you (you can also check death scenes if you don't believe them)

I think you are still not understanding what I'm saying. I'm saying its most likely happening unnoticed, meaning people don't realize its happening, so they have no reason to check in the first place. To clarify, I'm not saying this is happening to me, I don't use custom jihads. I know there are several ways to check this but if people don't realize its happening in the first place they aren't going to check.

Edited by BlazingArson

Made by @Clavers

3 hours ago, The1337Gh0st said:

Scoring probably does need to be fixed for several teams, and it's been something that's been put off. Feel free to make any suggestions on roles that need to be fixed.

i m p o s t o r
it gains 2 points for kills, 1 point for insta kills, yet it loses about 32 points for any teamkills (even if the teammate shot first)
also unless something got changed, lookout doesn't get any score for killing traitors