• No
  2. 2. Add the Stalker rework?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Remove Pirate?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 06/02/2022 at 03:59 AM

Posted  Edited by The1337Gh0st - Edit Reason: more marker changes

Add Back Marker

I have heard that there is a recent movement to add back Marker to the server. Although I am initially hesitant to add it back seeing how many complaints there were about Marker back when it was on the server, I will consider adding it back, but with some changes. The changes would include:

• Passive health regen
  • Being able to damage everyone with 40% damage scaling
  • Moving Marker Defib to the 8th slot
  • Marker Defib will slowly regenerate ammo
  • Making it announce to everyone of its existence whenever it spawns and when it dies
  • Making it unable to spawn in the same round as Kobold Hoarder

Stalker Rework

I am currently considering a rework / buff to Stalker where its camera abilities and shop access is removed, but in exchange gains the Tracker item and some armor (so it won't die as easily). I do feel like this may be a bit lame, but I'll consider adding it in if this change is liked.

Remove Pirate

Pirate has always been one of the most difficult roles to balance in the game, and has also been a pain to set the rules around it. It also suffers from bugs such as not working properly when two or more captains exist, or that Pirates can permanently lose the contract sometimes. While this can be a fun role to play with, it has also been one of the more hated roles due to its glaring flaws such as killing people randomly then joining the innocent team, being able to punish traitors by having one of its teammates dying or having confusion with players due to it being able to change teams frequently.

Edited by The1337Gh0st
more marker changes

Achievements

idea for the stalker rework: instead of making it have sk tracker, give it a radar with a fast cooldown (5-10 seconds) and let it keep the shop

NeonCat(2).gif.2714539153eb7163f372ea5b400ea8bb.gif

Posted  Edited by lobsterpaw

i'd like to suggest that if possible, it'd be interesting for stalker's tracking item to be a mix of the tracker and its current camera gun. as in, you tag someone with the stalker gun and you can see their silhouette through walls but not every single player's. many players have complained about the "walls" effect causing framerate issues, and i think that this would be greatly diminished if only 1 silhouette was displayed. i also think that they should keep the wall camera ability to give some cover, allowing them to claim lookout. 

edit: i agree with lord (lob 2.0) that a full on tracker item would be unthinkably overpowered. i voted yes for stalker rework, but with the caveat that i think it needs to be tuned down if it were implemented. however, i do not think it should just get a fast radar. this would be, in my opinion, virtually unusable, and i would personally find it overstimulating, especially in larger pop games. i think a single-focus tracker item/gun would be a good medium.

Edited by lobsterpaw

piss

Not a fan of Stalker getting the tracker. Even without a shop, that would be incredibly powerful and I think it would easily become the most powerful traitor role, by far, in the hands of skilled players. I literally wouldn't be surprised if some people could wipe out most of the server singlehandedly as the reworked Stalker (except in open maps, I guess? but they could still just stay in a building or something and pre-fire to annihilate anyone). I also agree that the tracker should probably be used sparingly like Neon said, it is part of what makes SK unique, but it probably could be implemented in some more interesting ways.

12 minutes ago, lobsterpaw said:

i'd like to suggest that if possible, it'd be interesting for stalker's tracking item to be a mix of the tracker and its current camera gun. as in, you tag someone with the stalker gun and you can see their silhouette through walls but not every single player's. many players have complained about the "walls" effect causing framerate issues, and i think that this would be greatly diminished if only 1 silhouette was displayed. i also think that they should keep the wall camera ability to give some cover, allowing them to claim lookout. 

Thanks for the feedback. I think I may have found something similar to what you're describing: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2461167017

I'll probably rework it to slowly regenerate ammo.

Achievements

26 minutes ago, lobsterpaw said:

i like it! seems a lot better than the full-blown tracker. honestly, i think it'd be best if Stalker moved away from being a traitor Lookout entirely and became a unique role, but this is still a good change, and i don't have any ideas ATM for making Stalker completely unique. i'm just not really a fan of identical roles on different teams