sapphireflame

card shark / the dealer role idea

ok so i thought of a role idea its called card shark or the dealer ( name suggestions are welcome) he would start with an item called pack of cards and once he right clicks he is given a random role from the role pool its kind like undec only you dont get to pick and once you get your role thats your role for the rest of the game 

Sapphire Flame

Posted  Edited by Neon Cat
3 hours ago, sapphireflame said:

ok so i thought of a role idea its called card shark or the dealer ( name suggestions are welcome) he would start with an item called pack of cards and once he right clicks he is given a random role from the role pool its kind like undec only you dont get to pick and once you get your role thats your role for the rest of the game 

pardon my rudeness, but this role idea is absolute shit. literally its just role selection with extra steps. idc if you have a higher chance of rare roles, its still literally just random role selection except you have to right click with a special swep to get it. -1.

edit: to add onto this, I like undecided because it has a cool gimmick. you get to select from 3 different roles so most of the time you don't end up with a crappy one, then after a certain time period you can get a second, and maybe even third role. undecided isn't just delaying your role selection, its actually a fun and interesting role.

Edited by Neon Cat

NeonCat(2).gif.2714539153eb7163f372ea5b400ea8bb.gif

Posted  Edited by dmitric419 - Edit Reason: Dmitri learns english

Would be cool, If the dealer Changes another player role instead of just its self then its just boring.

But can be annoying to get your role changed to random role again.

Edited by dmitric419
Dmitri learns english

Just a gamer and helpful person.

4 hours ago, dmitric419 said:

Would be cool, If the dealer Changes another player role instand of just itsseft then its just boring.

But can be annoying to get your role changed to random role again.

I don't think it would work very well either way. changing another players role usually isn't fun for that player, and then they would also know you are the dealer. however, I did think of an actual way to make a dealer role that could be fun. so here is how it works:
1: you get the pack of cards swep, which you can click with to use.
2: as soon as you use the swep, your role changes randomly to any role except for any role that does not delay the round. (you don't get to choose the role you get).
3: you also get a random team, which can be any team that spawned in the round apart from no team, kobold, or marker.
4: lastly, you also get a random shop. idk how well this could be coded in, maybe this part would have to be left out.
5: you keep the cards swep, and after a certain amount of time you can use it again.

1 hour ago, Neon Cat said:

I don't think it would work very well either way. changing another players role usually isn't fun for that player, and then they would also know you are the dealer. however, I did think of an actual way to make a dealer role that could be fun. so here is how it works:
1: you get the pack of cards swep, which you can click with to use.
2: as soon as you use the swep, your role changes randomly to any role except for any role that does not delay the round. (you don't get to choose the role you get).
3: you also get a random team, which can be any team that spawned in the round apart from no team, kobold, or marker.
4: lastly, you also get a random shop. idk how well this could be coded in, maybe this part would have to be left out.
5: you keep the cards swep, and after a certain amount of time you can use it again.

So just undecided but they don't get pick a role out of 3 with shop.

Just a gamer and helpful person.

Posted  Edited by Neon Cat
17 hours ago, dmitric419 said:

So just undecided but they don't get pick a role out of 3 with shop.

not really, they join a random existing team so you have a chance of getting a good role and shop but also having a lot of teammates (imagine doom slayer, sk shop, and traitor team)
edit: to be fair you could also get a bad combination like traitor, det shop, and restless team so its a bit random 🙂

Edited by Neon Cat

even with the "revised" idea of how such a role could work, i still think it's a bad idea. people already have a hard time understanding that role =/= team when it comes to doppelganger. this is that problem but even more confusing. we don't need to just spit a new role out every week, and not every new role needs to be a neutral or evil. 

piss