BigDaddyKod

BigDaddyKod's Surf Timer Mute/Ban Appeal

Steam Name(s): Demarcus

SteamID: STEAM_0:0:430026193

Admin that banned you: SourceSleuth

What kind of punishment was it (mute/gag, server ban): Server Ban

Why should you be unbanned?

To be honest, I did not ban evade whatsoever since I have been playing on the server for a while before that. I did receive a mute a while back and that was it. I never appealed it because when I got banned, I never really wanted to come back to the server because I was so mad, but it has been quite a while and I think that me being banned from all surf servers is not needed. I do miss the community that GFL has more than any other surf server and I really hope I am able to come back. I learned from my mute what not to do and over the months I have changed as a person for the better. I am truly sorry for the toxicity that I have caused to the community during my time and I hope that I am able to come back.

Posted  Edited by Dini

You let a friend of yours which was muted talk through your mic thus helping them "mute evade" which is why you were banned. The ban on your account was only for 1 day till you then decided to evade said ban on an alt account. Later on a few days later you tried joining on your main and since your ip was already banned, it banned you for "duplicate account".

So, tldr you helped someone mute evade (which we perma ban for) > you tried to evade the ban 5 minutes later > you joined on your main a couple days after which got your main account banned.

image.png

Edited by Dini

To be honest, I do remember ban evading the original perma ban. I do apologize for helping my friend mute evade, then I ban evade, and I understand that I may still be perma banned for saying this. But I think I would rather be honest with you and myself and just come out clean instead of BSing you guys into an excuse to get me unbanned. The only reason that I decided to lie was that I really really wanted back into the GFL server. From what I remember, they treated me well while my friend did not treat the server well and I got banned for being a friend to him. However, in the main ban appeal, the part about me changing is true. I have learned throughout the 9 months that I have been banned for ban evading to try to be positive towards people and help people out instead of pushing them down. As someone who helped someone who was extremely toxic and selfish, I do apologize to the moderators of the Surf Timer as well as the entire GFL community for what I have done. I really hope that you guys could give me a second chance here as I would not be writing this if I didn't think this server was any good. I do hope you can accept my apology and whether I keep my ban or not, you guys understand that I am truly sorry.

Appreciate the apology! I went ahead and removed the ban on your main account. Normally regardless who it is, if someone attempts to ban evade they are met with perm bans. So, hopefully that doesn't happen again in the future.

Have fun surfing 🙂