OxideTM

Movement problem - Help required

Hello

I have been facing this weird problem for some days now. I will try my best to explain it in words since I am too intelligent to record and "record" won't let me record till the start of a new round (not really good at this console stuff)

So what happens is whenever I join the server (which I only play), I get a random lag, kind of freeze-unfreeze-freeze. Its like when I switch my weapon, it first changes instantly but then reverts to what I was using prior switch. After a brief moment (1-3 seconds), the weapon which I originally wanted appears.

Same goes for running. I run in a direction. After covering some distance, I am back at the point where I originally was. Kind of like playing at 999 ms while I am at my usual ping. 

Same goes for the chat. I write something, it just doesn't appear at the moment and takes quite a while to be in the chat bar. However, I can hear/see everyone's chat and voice without any sort of lag/distortion. 

This happens every time. It fixes itself though after I restart cs and rejoin but not a retry. I don't play on any other server though so I can't say what is the actual root. And just FYI, internet is working completely fine. Nothing is being downloaded/streamed in the background.

This is the whole problem. I hope I can get a solution here. 

Thank you, 

Posted  Edited by lce

If you enable net_graph 1 in game, are you getting any networking issues (mainly watch for high ping or loss) while this happens? From how you described it, it just sounds like rubber banding caused by a bad connection tbh.

Edited by lce

type cmd in the Windows search bar, and run the command prompt as an administrator. Enter the command 

bcdedit /set useplatformclock true

and hit enter. Restart your PC.

This won't fuck your PC up. If you don't see a difference then you can turn it off with this:

bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock

This has fixed many issues in the past for me, including animation/movement lag in games when everything else seems fine.

Chum_Salmon.png

Posted  Edited by OxideTM
11 hours ago, chum salmon said:

type cmd in the Windows search bar, and run the command prompt as an administrator. Enter the command 

bcdedit /set useplatformclock true

and hit enter. Restart your PC.

This won't fuck your PC up. If you don't see a difference then you can turn it off with this:

bcdedit /deletevalue useplatformclock

This has fixed many issues in the past for me, including animation/movement lag in games when everything else seems fine.

Thanks for the help. I'll try this.

Edited by OxideTM