kneegerrlover123

Syntax's Discord Appeal

Which Discords(s) are you appealing?: 

Main

Discord username (Add your tag and ID if possible):

new laptop I don't have my ID but it's Admiral or Syntax and I've been banned for a while

Why was action taken against you?: 

my brothahs

Why should the action be reversed or reduced?

It is about time my brothahs. This is insane btw, I maintain my position of being banned unfairly today more so than yesterday.

Correction: I have been banned for a year or more now* to be precise.

Btw of the btw: the staff circle that got me banned is no longer here I guess and the "evidence" used against me can be found by higher ups and I do not want to just "get unbanned". I wanna get sucked cause thinking about it I should not have stressed it as much. Unban me please my brothahs it was a compilation of propaganda and narrative to make me look bad. 

Thank you very much. I do not have much to "defend" myself with other than the crappy evidence that I remember was presented forward, because I thought it would work as defense then and I laughed my ass off recently at the supposed "evidence". 

Thank you once again, I promise to behave well too. 

Achievements

For moderators: ID is 235134396368158721

I believe this ban pre-dates new mod bot, so you probably won't find a log there.

71CFA5EE-923C-4740-ACF4-508B753C9AD7.png.92a0d40c0fa7773f71fea2453f581d16.png

(signature made by @Kaylode)

Previously known as Xy.

Twitter ❤️Ko-Fi ❤️Github

IMG_0248.jpg

ben_mixed_opinions.png

Hi @Syntax.

I wanted to ask what your reasoning would be that you'd like to have you ban lifted. I understand that you feel the ban was unjust, and I'm not arguing that point at the moment, but I was wondering if you could expand as to why we should unban you. From what I can tell, you do not appear to be active on our forums nor on our servers in game (basing this on your profile and what I can see from gametracker, I may be mistaken). So, with such limited activity existing in our community, it makes me curious why you would want to return to our discord after, well, what seems to be a hard falling out. 

Thanks 🙂

GFX1.thumb.png.c5c5371c03240785be325143d4584c4a.png

(Signature credit to @Clavers)

Posted  Edited by Joshy - Edit Reason: Whoops Wayne asked a question then I locked it

I personally really do not like permanent bans I like to look for ways to lift bans, but you've got to help us.  Things like owning up to mistakes help a little bit although not as much as showing us some trend of improved behaviour like your forum activity or in game activity.

In your earliest appeal I was very much for lifting your ban, but it looked like you were owning up at the time.  In your later appeals... you're showing the shades that others saw, and it made me worry that you were still very wobbly and wouldn't do well if you returned.  This appeal isn't much better.  I don't like appeals where people come back saying what the past leadership did was invalid.  If I were to up and leave tomorrow to take care of my daughter or focus on my career/university (just hypothetical here) it shouldn't invalidate the bans that I facilitated or asked our team to do.  I am okay with totally clearing bans caused by abuse even it's not totally blatant if it's at least suspicious I'll push to lift the ban, but just because someone has stepped down or left doesn't mean that the ban was invalid.  Shoot..  even if the person got demoted over something else irrelevant to the ban... I wouldn't just up and unban every single person that they were ever involved with.  There has to be some type of doubt instilled into their ban and it's not based on them leaving or stepping down.

You talk about an in circle but the 3x people I have on record who were involved in your past infraction history literally hate each others guts (or I at least know that 2x of them hate each others guts).  This definitely wasn't an in circle.  I think that's pretty suspicious that these two actually agreed on something if I told them 2+2=4 I could see a huge fallout happening, and yet they aligned on your infractions.  I think that's very odd.  The bans are old and it's true that the documentation was poor, but the little glimpse that I could see were pretty bad I probably would have banned for it too.  You were literally harassing one person telling them they are ugly (not even in a fun joking way), and another person you were telling them that they suck it.. which is odd because I'm seeing some strange sucked verbiage in your appeal which makes me even more concerned.  You seem to have a trend in instigating problems too even when moderators are trying to calm the situation, which is super frustrating we've definitely banned people for instigating and if they're pretty bad (similar record as yours) they get community banned.

I think it's very unlikely that your ban will be lifted based on this appeal.  Based on what I'm seeing I'm thinking you might put yourself at risk of a community ban on your next steps and that would be bad for everyone including yourself if you do want to return.  I wont close this yet because I want you to know what's next.  Is this really a solid permanent ban and we shouldn't waste your time with more appeals, or is there something that you can do to mitigate our concerns and return as a good member of the community?  Let me find out.  We've done it for a few people and I think they've shown us some good things so maybe the chance is there for you, but it's hard for me to tell with the trends and cycles you have in your past.

I will, however, will lock this because the senior team+ including myself can reply to locked threads, and we can update you on what's next.  This appeal is bad so it's probably a no go this round (sometimes the Discord team and seniors have convinced me otherwise so I wont say it's impossible but very unlikely).

edit:

Unlocked it because @DaPainWayne asked you a question kind of unfair to ask and then lock lol.  Okay so I'll unlock it, but don't hold your breath.

Edited by Joshy
Whoops Wayne asked a question then I locked it

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by Syntax
9 hours ago, Joshy said:

I personally really do not like permanent bans I like to look for ways to lift bans, but you've got to help us.  Things like owning up to mistakes help a little bit although not as much as showing us some trend of improved behaviour like your forum activity or in game activity.

In your earliest appeal I was very much for lifting your ban, but it looked like you were owning up at the time.  In your later appeals... you're showing the shades that others saw, and it made me worry that you were still very wobbly and wouldn't do well if you returned.  This appeal isn't much better.  I don't like appeals where people come back saying what the past leadership did was invalid.  If I were to up and leave tomorrow to take care of my daughter or focus on my career/university (just hypothetical here) it shouldn't invalidate the bans that I facilitated or asked our team to do.  I am okay with totally clearing bans caused by abuse even it's not totally blatant if it's at least suspicious I'll push to lift the ban, but just because someone has stepped down or left doesn't mean that the ban was invalid.  Shoot..  even if the person got demoted over something else irrelevant to the ban... I wouldn't just up and unban every single person that they were ever involved with.  There has to be some type of doubt instilled into their ban and it's not based on them leaving or stepping down.

You talk about an in circle but the 3x people I have on record who were involved in your past infraction history literally hate each others guts (or I at least know that 2x of them hate each others guts).  This definitely wasn't an in circle.  I think that's pretty suspicious that these two actually agreed on something if I told them 2+2=4 I could see a huge fallout happening, and yet they aligned on your infractions.  I think that's very odd.  The bans are old and it's true that the documentation was poor, but the little glimpse that I could see were pretty bad I probably would have banned for it too.  You were literally harassing one person telling them they are ugly (not even in a fun joking way), and another person you were telling them that they suck it.. which is odd because I'm seeing some strange sucked verbiage in your appeal which makes me even more concerned.  You seem to have a trend in instigating problems too even when moderators are trying to calm the situation, which is super frustrating we've definitely banned people for instigating and if they're pretty bad (similar record as yours) they get community banned.

I think it's very unlikely that your ban will be lifted based on this appeal.  Based on what I'm seeing I'm thinking you might put yourself at risk of a community ban on your next steps and that would be bad for everyone including yourself if you do want to return.  I wont close this yet because I want you to know what's next.  Is this really a solid permanent ban and we shouldn't waste your time with more appeals, or is there something that you can do to mitigate our concerns and return as a good member of the community?  Let me find out.  We've done it for a few people and I think they've shown us some good things so maybe the chance is there for you, but it's hard for me to tell with the trends and cycles you have in your past.

I will, however, will lock this because the senior team+ including myself can reply to locked threads, and we can update you on what's next.  This appeal is bad so it's probably a no go this round (sometimes the Discord team and seniors have convinced me otherwise so I wont say it's impossible but very unlikely).

edit:

Unlocked it because @DaPainWayne asked you a question kind of unfair to ask and then lock lol.  Okay so I'll unlock it, but don't hold your breath.

man, I just feel both hopeless and tired. It's been three years and to clarify, if anything's changed from the past appeals it's how much feelings "I feel" I owe back to the community. I did not mean circle as in they banned me by agreeing together, but that the context back then would have allowed for the people who made the action against me and provided the "evidence" to take such an action without consequences because they were a circle of pricks and it was chaotic back then so not many people would bother with my appeal, he even said that to me in a DM dude. I feel like the community has changed since and I would love to get back into it, I just do not know when or how, and this is appeal is a sort of "this is absurd, unban me already" because otherwise I do not see myself fitting back in the community unless I look at the discord and what the standards are now. It's like one time I used to just hop on ts3 because I no longer enjoyed playing anything on GFL until someone came up with the idea of creating a new server and I played for a while and enjoyed so I got back. I think the largest issue is my inability to express myself properly because, again, I'm tired and the ban was both confusing and unjustified.

Like, do you see me as a terrorist blowing shit up if you let me back in? I was here since 2014 and the community changed many times but to get banned permanently and count 3 years for seperate evidence and getting accused of "changing vibes" when "my friends" got banned. The entire deal is shady and I cannot hide my anger, because at the bottom of it, I feel like it was dumb to let such a ban slide, although I would have to agree that given the context at the time, there sure was going to be either one or two people getting banned for toxicity at that specific history of GFL.

Again, I really hate being asked why I want to get unbanned, I must get unbanned because it was concretly unjustified, and I promise to behave well at all times, depending on what "behaving well" means, because that's why I am trying to get back in. What else? It's been three years!

Do you know how infuriating it is to get demoted after a succesful event ruined at the very end by a director screeching into their mic and a mod being a dickhead? And then get blamed that I rigged the event when all I did was mess with JUST harry's score and I made it CLEAR? The file and points calculated were available to the public live. 

Have a nice day, again, you will feel more comfortable keeping me banned and that's a right brain decision, just know that I did not do anything wrong and I am not even supposed to be banned. If anything, it could have been a mute. It's like smashing someone's head against the wall and killing them because they shouted in your ear. 

Ask yourselves this: How long should the ban be to be considered "enough"?

Also: What are the standards for getting someone back into the community?

And lastly: If the good and neutral done by such member outweights both their bad-doings and the ban itself, then ought we not unban said member?

I'm in a conflict between showing you that I've improved and the fact that I'm pretty mad 3 years now that I got banned for nothing. The screenshots were months apart, stop doing the same thing they did and justifying it through my current talk. If anything, I promise not to get mad or toxic at what "I personally perceive to be not okay". 

Thank you @Joshy sir for keeping this thread up, and I personally am in agreement with your position on permanent bans, it's just that I am on the other side of the isle so my talk is politically different than yours (just watering it down to a joke but its true). And by the way, do you think that I made a staff abuse report for no reason back then? I'm not sure you can check for that, but I did. I felt injustice...

Also, please stop making me look bad xD I'm just trying to be as honest as possible, writing things just how I feel in the present moment, this is a ban appeal. If you check my posts history you will notice that I have distinct writing styles depending on what I am working on.

15 hours ago, DaPainWayne said:

Hi @Syntax.

I wanted to ask what your reasoning would be that you'd like to have you ban lifted. I understand that you feel the ban was unjust, and I'm not arguing that point at the moment, but I was wondering if you could expand as to why we should unban you. From what I can tell, you do not appear to be active on our forums nor on our servers in game (basing this on your profile and what I can see from gametracker, I may be mistaken). So, with such limited activity existing in our community, it makes me curious why you would want to return to our discord after, well, what seems to be a hard falling out. 

Thanks 🙂

I am not "planning" to come back but I insist to be unbanned because I want to get back into gaming generally and it might prove helpful to be in a community first. A lot is clarified in the top reply and I hope that my non formal appeal and comments do not bother. If possible, I would like to have my case reviewed from the beginning in a ts3 call so that I can justify myself or admit to whatever I did wrong and maybe prove that I have changed. I don't know what's possible because again I do not have the same information about the community as you do! I never felt as an outsider of GFL because I would always keep contact with members even though I stop playing games from time to time, and yet now I feel fresh.

9 hours ago, Joshy said:

edit:

In addition, just to clarify myself even further, your comment helped a lot because my initial thoughts were that I would either get unbanned immediatly or otherwise get denied for the 4th or 5th time. I felt "hopeless" in each ban appeal because I would look around to see who the staff are right now and I would just throw my dick in and see where it would lead. If I get unbanned I do not promise to be like the norm and there's always going to be my moments of fucking up just like everyone else, what I do actually wish for is to not be treated like a saboteur. Thank you very much and I hope you have a nice day.

This is getting long but I forgot this: I was drunk on a few instances when I was toxic and I would rather not get into details of my personal life but I dont drink anymore and if I hope this has impact on the appeal because I have more justification for the "evidence" provided against me than the evidence weighs in of itself because of its inconsistency. Permanently banning someone for 3 screenshots with 2 months of seperate time, to then cite my toxicity when I was not serious. Shit man, one of the reasons was that I was toxic elsewhere! And I was REALLY toxic elsewhere. I have changed since, and again the terms of the unban are:

1) I might fuck up, I am not "planning" to fuck up
2) I do not wish to be seen as a saboteur 
3) I want a re-evaluation of the evidence and a call if possible to discuss what happened.

It's either the unban is serious and sincere or it is not. And I am ready to reconcile and agree!

Edited by Syntax

Achievements

I'm just not seeing good things.  The evidence is telling me a different story, and I've literally got people coming to me with all sorts of things- not just past leaders too.  An example below quite honestly would have been enough for me to justify a perm. ban (surprisingly this isn't exactly what did you in at the time, but it's more than enough).

The Discord community you remember has changed a lot and it's clear to me that the way the community has changed is not a good fit for you.  Rules and enforcement has tightened up a lot more people who show toxic behaviour or instigate fights (things you have lots of history of) have been community banned, and based on what I'm seeing I think you'd be headed in that direction very soon if we were to make a special exception to reduce your permanent ban.  I'm not seeing any evidence of an unjust / incorrect ban, and so I have no good reason to lift the ban.

I think to spare you the time and trouble it is best to assume that your ban is definitely permanent.  Just to clarify on what that means you could be banned for 50 years and appeal saying that you're an old person, it's been a long time, and you've changed.  If I'm still here (I honestly wouldn't be surprised lol)...  I'm gonna look at the record and see that your ban is marked permanent which means perpetual... forever... more than 50 years, and it is still very possible and likely that your ban wouldn't be lifted if you're just relying on passage of time.  Our actions are in good alignment with the definition of a permanent ban.

Is it to say that it's totally impossible that your ban wont be lifted?  I don't think so.  I think it's unlikely, but some people have surprised me and I have seen some people show lots of good behaviour and promising trends, and from what I can tell so far those people have not made me regret any decisions yet.  Maybe you could be one of those people.  I don't know.  I'd like to think so, but I am just not seeing it right now.  I would not re-appeal until you are able to bring something new to the table that will help us with the decision, and it would have to be really positive.  I'm not the only person you have to convince too- I think I'm one of the really easy one just a few months of good behaviour in-game and admins attesting to it would be good enough for me, but remember that I'm working with an entire team too and we align on the overall decisions (even the ones I disagree on).  A lot of what you posted so far it seems like probably kind of murky memory and lots of talk, but everything I've seen far even the bits and pieces have is showing that you were definitely very toxic and instigating fights and there is nothing suspicious or biased about your ban- it was justified and followed proper guidelines.

Sorry for the bad news.

Spoiler

nW7Dhmj.jpg

Spoiler

FqrxxlM.jpg

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152