lobsterpaw

fun optional medic role

idea: a neutral benign role whose only goal is to heal people. they gain points by healing other players, and that's it. they are only allowed to kill in self defense (even if someone is KOSed) but have no damage reduction. with 3 credits, they can buy a single use defibrillator that can be used on anyone, but does not drop on death. they cannot KOS anyone for any reason, but (maybe?) have extra HP and armor. most importantly, this role has a 0% spawn rate but a role pass can be purchased from the shop for X amount of points.

i think this would be pretty fun and make rounds very interesting, sort of serving as a reverse pirate. i suggest the 0% spawn rate and pass purchasing as a solution to 2 problems; some players absolutely will not want to play this role, and it's something for people to spend excess points on. this would also be a lot of fun for players who play this less for the shooty game and more for the social fun

thanks x

piss

Posted  Edited by lobsterpaw
6 hours ago, Mangost said:

look at the roles we dont use and why list

did you even read my post at all 😄

Edited by lobsterpaw

piss

4 hours ago, lobsterpaw said:

did you even reason my post at all 😄

last i checked the medic was on the list, meaning even though it seems kinda cool i doubt it would be added

professional necromancer

Posted  Edited by Neon Cat
2 hours ago, Mangost said:

last i checked the medic was on the list, meaning even though it seems kinda cool i doubt it would be added

while lobster did make a unique role idea, its still similar to the existing medic in quite a few ways. I think making it a funny neutral with an ability similar to the clairvoyant (it should be able to see whether someone is innocent, traitor, or neutral, but not what their exact role is.) then it's goal would be to survive while also healing as many people as possible, and it also has the same ability as the skeledoot where it changes to the winning team if it is still alive. it's medgun should have an ability to heal itself, and it should have some pretty heavy body armor (maybe extra hp like lobster said). killing the medic should give you the poison effect, since its basically the opposite of being healed. the medic should deal reduced damage, at least a 60% reduction. killing as medic should take away score, and give you a temporary debuff (slowness and more damage reduction), while healing should give you a buff (extra speed and faster healing).

extra idea: maybe instead of giving the medic an ability to heal itself, healing other players to max hp should give it temporary health regen

EDIT: also I say in this idea it should be allowed to kill and kos, since it is a neutral role and role specific ruling isn't a great idea. however, since it is a confirmed neutral, you are not allowed to follow any of it's KOSes 😛
also I wouldn't give it a defib because marker defib is enough

Edited by Neon Cat

NeonCat(2).gif.2714539153eb7163f372ea5b400ea8bb.gif

+1

i really like this idea, going around healing people seems like a fun playstyle, though i am biased cause i kinda main medic in tf2.

there should be a way of healing itself or general protection cause Confirmed Neutral + Any Bloodthirsty player = Dead Neutral.

Reach for the stars, there you will find pie.