Tiny Rick

Tiny Rick's Discord Appeal

Which Discords(s) are you appealing?: 

All apparently

Discord username (Add your tag and ID if possible):

BuffaloBornTV#0716

Why was action taken against you?: 

Banned from all of them apparently

Why should the action be reversed or reduced?

I don't remember being banned from all of them, I left on my own accord I thought.

"e" - Alfarex, circa 2017

Hey Rick,

You were permabanned for Mass advertsing in DMs in June 2021. The way our mod bot works/mod team works is we carry bans over all of the GFL servers. The attached screenshot is some evidence. From what I’m told (didn’t place the ban) this wasn’t the only occurrence. I’ll stay neutral and let the other mods weigh in on this appeal.

D2879436-6D48-4DF6-B780-BB2F692A26DE.png

why are you even reading this bub

OHHHH THATS WHY! I apologize about that, I was working with an owner of a new gmod server and I sent that out to everyone on my friends list so we could pick up speed. My apologies about that, I didn't mean any harm

We don't normally lift bans on people who advertise other servers.  It's commonly known that advertising is not acceptable not just in gaming communities, but pretty much everywhere.

I think what we'll be talking about now is whether an exception can be made for you or not.  If we do make exceptions, then we take into consider a bigger like your history and positive activity in game.  I personally don't know very much about you so I'll have to talk with the team and Seniors to learn more.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Honestly if you look back, it's not gonna look fantastic. I've been perma banned twice and for reasons I agree with are good reasons. It's been over a year now since all this has happened. Im looking to start fresh and hopefully jump back in to having fun. A lot has changed since then for me personally and I've matured a bit. I'd love it if you guys would pardon me and allow me back in.

I checked with the team and we will not be making an exception for this appeal, and so that means your ban will continue.  You're right we had a peak at your history and it was not good or promising for your appeal.

This appeal by the way it only affects Discord(s) it's not for game bans, but what I recommend to some people with bans is to show good behaviour elsewhere first.  I know this is kind of vague, but what I mean by that is like participating on the forums and/or in the games for a while usually at least several months before reapplying.  We normally try to ask the admins too about people and what they know of them and their history or activity so some of them might even help your future appeal.  Some people mistake this as 4-5 heartfelt threads, 1 month of just playing the game, or reapplying 6 months after doing nothing.  Hounding or pestering staff will also not help.  None of these work.  What we need is some sign and visibility... a clear promise and commitment... that shows it is is very unlikely you will be banned in the future.  As it stands right now we don't have a good measure on the good activity, and I can only see the bad things from the past.  I understand you may believe you have changed and maybe it's true, but we've been burned on our side by bad actors or loose promises that people have changed and so now we have to stand our ground on these appeals- sorry!

If you're still banned in game then you might want to start off by having your ban in game lifted.  If we lift a Discord ban from someone who is still banned in game I can't say this directly determines your Discord ban, but there's very little value for you to be in the Discord and so it might be tempting to make some bad risks whenever something doesn't pan out well.  This is our thinking and it looks risky to us.

Assume going forward that your ban is permanent.  Your next best bet is to seek a way to prove that you have a good future with us, but understand there's no specific number or activity for you to do this and I cannot absolutely promise you that your ban will be lifted.  If you do come back to us with a future appeal and we're getting lots of good vibes it, then it couldn't hurt your chances.  It's not impractical or impossible to have your ban lifted we've done it for a few other people before.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152