Liloz01

How did your username come to be and what does it mean

Posted  Edited by Auralanity - Edit Reason: I forgor
4 hours ago, Big Man Fatty said:

Wait, you're Rose? Like from the infamous video with Rick as mace windu?

Yes, that one. And please send me this video, I would love to see it again. 

Edit: I just got reminded there was indeed another Rose on CWRP. So if the video is older than this server, then it's me. (2 years+ old)

Edited by Auralanity
I forgor

de247ln-88ce2fb2-8f7c-4f43-b129-1e2919f9

World of Warcraft... I made a new character that became my main in no time and being in a guild the name of your main sticks.
It was easy to pronounce in any way people wanted, short and fairly easy to remember as Worgens also came out about that time.
I'm only know by another username in a different WoW guild as I had to swap faction, server and class. I had a different character with my main name so I couldn't take that at the time 🙂
And I guess I had Lyn in Warcraft 3 back in the days. It means lightning in Danish and no reason behind it.
For a while in CS:S I had the name Camper cause what I did the most was run n' gun with AWP and P90. aka not camping.

Nerd

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Pachimo

Before GFL

• HitahChitah — I wanted something weeb sounding that rhymed/sounds like it rhymes.
  • Rin — inspired by Kagamine Rin.

After GFL

• Aero — inspired by a map, actually (aero_violence). I liked the sound of the word "Aero", being so close to "air" in Latin (aeris).
  • Korowa — my most well-known name. I got it from a brand called Korova, which I thought the word sounded cool and funny, and made my own change to it and replaced the V with a W. I changed it when I learned it was an insult in two different languages and it was very disturbing to me that my name was something like that to other people of different countries. Went from 2014/2015 to 2019.
  • Misaki — I just wanted a weeb Japanese name and went the first that came to mind. Variants: Mistaki, Mistake.
  • Pachimo — second best known alias. Found inspiration in Overwatch's little octopus plushies Pachimari and changed the last two syllables to a "mo".
  • Miku — I just like Hatsune Miku.
  • xmi — a short version of another alias I occsasionally went by, Emilia. Replaced the E with an X and dropped the "lia". It's still pronounced Emi, just wanted to make it look edgy or something.
Edited by Pachimo

original.gif

Achievements

Got a cat 5 years ago on my birthday and named him Ren, a small orange & white tabby kitten.

Named him after the Sui-ren flower AKA a type of pink water lily that has bright orange buds in the middle, and because I ended up bonding with him pretty much right off the bat I decided I wanted to change my ugly name of “WildPretzel” to something more fitting/original to me which ended up being “RenWren”.

I joined my cat’s name and my favourite type of bird (a ‘Wren’ - they’re blue which is the opposite of orange on the colour wheel) together but it was surprisingly a common taken name at the time so I ended up going with the edgy way of adding numbers into it which later became “R3NWR3N” and has been with me for those 5 years.

Achievements

Main GFL - My dad’s username was Brotherwolf and I just sorta kept it once I got his steam bc I thought it was cool.

HnS Steam - Not really a reason behind it, but I changed my name to Wuffywuf bc I thought it sounded cool. I experimented with Hatschat colors before sticking with [Royal]Wuffywuf. However, people just called me Wuffy on the server so I decided to change my name to [Mint]Wuffy. That’s still my name on the server on HnS.

HnS Discord - My name was the same until recently where I thought Awoofy would be cool. That’s still my name on the HnS discord server.

-Brotherwolf

• Liloz01 changed the title to How did your username come to be and what does it mean

This one is kinda cringey, but I picked the name when I was a young teenager and was big into Harry Potter at the time. It was a combination of one of the spells from Harry Potter and its origin which uses a foreign word (I can't remember but I think it was Latin) but basically it means 'divided' or 'segmented'.

That guy who congas after almost every kill

I seen a commercial for the extra crispy chicken from KFC that had the Extra Crispy Colonel and the Extra Crispy Boy. Inspired by some kid that had like 3 seconds of screen time I set my name to ExtraCrispyBoy until I realized that it's kinda cringe and long. Set my name to Crispy one day and it just stuck.

1036948788_Crispyartrequestrs.png.3d6cebfae698145e324fbb7e458d33be.thumb.png.2a17a6f6463874f2cf2c19d628f01b9b.png

Oh boy, I used to play on a Minecraft server named Vextarium. Asked the owner if I could steal the name after it shut down, so I modified it to sound a little better.

Fuck you @Infra

Vextrium ❤️

wah.png

Posted  Edited by Kettermelon

started off as floofycheerios cuz I loved cheerios and floofy cats, had that for like a day, until switching to floofycheetos after someone on some random prop hunt server said Cheetos where better. had that for TWO days, twice as much as cheerios. Then i went with AddictiveCheetos cuz it sounded neat, had that for a bit, after that I went with AddictiveCheerios for like 3 seconds until realizing grapes where cooler, and I was eating grapes at the time. So AddictiveGrapes became my name for the longest time on Prop Hunt. All my homies over there know me as that. But I found neat little community with some old friends and one was a Twitch Streamer. Since I didn't have twitch I made one called Wootermelons cuz who doesn't love watermelon. That became my steam name for a bit. Then there was this person named I am Kat who joined Rot awhile back, we made friends, I became I am Ket, and then I smooshed Ket into my name making it Kettermelon. At first the §1 was just a color for Prop Hunt, but then I found out § means section so now I hold it as tribute to my ego. Full meaning of my name is Section 1: Kettermelon. 

Edited by Kettermelon

kat.png.309b68b377e0f8438a3520f5959a56d0.png

Achievements

Oh this is a bit of a fun/cringy one.

I barely remember my original name as it was tied to an account i lost the password to(i was like 10 at the time), but it had badass or something in it's name. When i made the second account I for some reason decided I wanted a new name.

At the time Kid me was into some youtube channel, Super Skarmory or whatever. I think channel's still around or something but i've not really checked. Channel wasn't even that great, i think it was mostly having another young sounding kid person on youtube that made young me like it so much. There was some dumb bit in a video where he joked that the name could be literal and no one would ever know because he has no face cam, and this inspired young me to go ahead and make a similar name to his, as kid me wanted to make a youtube channel(It technically happened, on a friend's account. Dont remember the name. I think he reuploaded it at some point to another channel too. Genuinely, don't look it up its awful).

I had just gotten a copy of Pokemon Platinum and played it, and so just went with the first Pokemon name that popped into my head, then for some ereason I don't fully remember converted it into Haxray instead of Luxray or whatever. (Yes ironically the name came before "The Furry™️" happened.) 

Some short point after that i joined a ZPS server. it was ran by one of those 'edgy' mid-2000 gaming clans, the ones that have 'INTERNAL RANKS WITHIN THE CLAN' that are just barely accurate Military titles. You had to put it infront of your name. Last one I ended up getting was Cpt before server shut down, and I just kinda kept it around with the tag for several years along with a few others. 

Eventually, i got rid of the tag but kept the Cpt. as several people were referring to me as cpt by that point. The Haxray name stuck long after i gave up on the youtube idea or even watching the dude's channel due to "The Furry™️" (which came about ironically due to someone assuming I was already. Long ass story for that one). 

Posted  Edited by ItzTropicalx - Edit Reason: tired

I have had my fair share. I'll go over the main ones I can remember.

SpicyPepper4936 - Very old Minecraft username from I wanna say around 2012-ish. Literally no idea. 4936, however, was just 4 random numbers I put in my phone by closing my eyes and typing on a digital keyboard.

PokemonNoob254 - Old 2015 ROBLOX username when I was like 10. Used because I was so into Pokemon and collected a shit ton of cards. Have some really rare shit still. Noob was just ROBLOX terminology. 254 was just random.

FlyingTurtleYT - This is something I never wanted to bring up, but what the hell. In 5th grade, me and my friends just randomly decided to have a template of our names as; First word - a verb, Second word - an animal, and YT at the end because we all wanted to be youtubers. This, obviously, failed quickly.

OPG Xenon - Back when I was about 12-13, I was VERY briefly part of another online community called OPG, or On Point Gaming. This community was predominantly for Call of Duty. I have no idea if it is still around. I chose Xenon because it just sounded cool and I was (and still am) way into science.

iiTropx - The ii prefix was just a trend at the time. Tropx sounded like "tropics" and I like a lot of tropical things. (from fruit to just rainforests and beaches)

ItzTropicalx - This name is obviously what I have now, and it was pretty much a predecessor to iiTropx. Itz was a trend (and still kinda is now), Tropical was for the reason above (as well as just wanting to find something that felt unique to me), and the x at the end was just a little something extra.

Yeah, I'm unoriginal. I do not care. There are a lot more names than just that, but it's already 3:45 AM and me is tired. There's already enough lore there alone.

Edited by ItzTropicalx
tired

Steam: ItzTropicalx | Discord: itztropicalx

I originally went by some tag that's currently used by my email, but it kinda rolled off the tongue.

When I went on a trip to Cedar Point in 2015 or 2016, I played one of their carnival games to win a squid hat. I decided to make the hat a part of my personal branding when going to Super Smash Bros. Melee tournaments in my area since I was just getting into that game at the time. I entered one tournament as SquidKid, where it was kind of like a prototype of my current tag.

After that tournament I changed my tag a bit in order to not be confused for another Melee player who went by the tag Squid. Then I thought of Billy the Kid and decided "How about SquiddyTheKid?" It really helped me establish a sort of presence online, but it didn't help me get any better at Melee or fighting games.

The tag I use on Discord and Steam (and here in GFL) was from when I was just getting into PC gaming. I chose "Sgt. Squiddy" as the kind of brand I would use for playing shooters (as evidenced by the CQB helmet pixel art). Since I kinda suck at shooters, maybe I should go back and change that...

Stay squiggly, my friends.

[Former] Admin: GFL Prop Hunt

Regular: TTT Rotation

I'm bad at finishing thin

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

Posted  Edited by Kaylode

Oh boy this is going to be fairly cringey.... When I was 5 I liked the letter "K" and thought it would be cool to combine it with "load" though at the time I thought it was spelt as "lode" so the name "Kaylode" was created (That was back when I started to play Terraria and wanted a cool player name). I just kept Kaylode because in the long run I thought it just seemed nice to have and was original.

Edited by Kaylode

Currently using Daedra Daddy because I love the elder scrolls series and the daedra, namely the mad god. I also chose this after realizing I was non-binary and thought it was cool cause the daedric princes aren't really strictly gendered.