Gungo Pau

Gungo Pau's Mute/Ban Appeal for CWRP

My in-game name: CT PVT 2789 Gungo Pau

My SteamID: STEAM_0:1:65186725

Reason: Player Harassment (1st Offense)

Admin: Durif

Why this should be revoked:

I will first admit that I am not innocent. I will accept the fact that I was wrong. However, I feel as if my punishment was unjust and came without warning. After being provoked in chat I tossed back some insults and then ended up getting into a small roast session with 3 or so people. I had only decided to insult other players because of various provocations against me over a sarcastic statement about how my arrest was unjust (I was arrested for killing a friend whom I was in a call with just for fun). I was brought to a sit and ended up getting banned after discussing it with the trial-admin (whom I am at the very least grateful that he heard my words before the ban). I broke no rules other than harassment if even that. The rules state that Harassment is -  "Constantly following or making a player repeatedly uncomfortable constitutes as Harassment -  Staff disrespect is not harassment unless repeated and malicious." I did not do any of these. Under ERP it states - "Statements such as "Suck my dick", "Fuck me" or "I will fuck your mother" do not apply. These are considered standard trash talk. This could lead to a harassment punishment if taken too far." The wording of "taken too far" is vague as I only dropped around 9 or so insults in the chat after being provoked. Due to my action being provoked, the lack of warning before my punishment, and the vagueness of the rules I feel as if I should be unbanned. I merely deserved a warn for my actions (which I also received).

Gungo Pau baby!

i witnessed this whole ordeal and i feel as he should have atleast had a verbal warning first. and after 3 or so people provoking he felt cornered so he clapped back and note that only 1 of the people was warned and that person had the luxury of getting a verbal warning to stop. merely trash talking in OOC during downtime should by no means constitute a week long ban, i used to manage a server and offenses like this where very minor and only constituted a verbal and ingame warning unless continued and even then it was only like 1-2 day ban as long as none of the other server rules where broken. this was unjust and if gungo is not unbanned then the ones who where provoking him should receive the same punishment.  

Rouletteジ

49 minutes ago, Roulette said:

i used to manage a server and offenses like this where very minor and only constituted a verbal and ingame warning unless continued and even then it was only like 1-2 day ban as long as none of the other server rules where broken.

Regardless of the context, it does not matter how other servers have their rules enforced, ours are laid out clearly with the punishments alongside them listed in the !motd or by following the link here -> 

Depending on what was said, his may have warranted a ban for harassment if he continually harassed, whereas they stopped. Fighting in OOC should not be a thing regardless, however different situations call for different outcomes. Consistently causing issues in OOC with other players can be seen as harassment and warrant a ban, and is ultimately up to admin discretion to prevent toxicity in the community. Regarding "only dropping 9 or so insults in OOC" that is far to many, and I would have issued the same punishment. As far as the warning system goes, if you are found breaking a rule that warrants a ban, the ban is issued alongside the warn. 

yeah ok. "laid out clearly". In the ERP section of your rules lies this: Statements such as "Suck my dick", "Fuck me" or "I will fuck your mother" do not apply. These are considered standard trash talk. This could lead to a harassment punishment if taken too far. at the end you say "if taken too far" that statement is up to interpretation from anyone's perspective. You do not provide an example that is too far so that begs the question "what is too far??????" obviously blatantly cussing out and harassing someone is too far but gungo over here simply said stuff that would be considered trash talk as per YOUR OWN RULES: Statements such as "Suck my dick", "Fuck me" or "I will fuck your mother" do not apply. These are considered standard trash talk. and at no time did he EVER receive verbal warning or told to stop and keep in mind me and gungo are both new players so IMO and most likely anyone that isn't a suck up to your staff team would consider this ban unjust. fix your rules dont leave stuff up to interpretation or shit like this will happen. all i have to say is if this is how you treat new people who actively want to play on your community then i feel bad for anyone else who ends up in our predicament. we most likely wont be coming back so dont even bother unbanning gungo...... just let this be a lesson to your management team.

Rouletteジ

Posted  Edited by Durif, lover of poutine

Hello I'm the person responsible for your ban,

So first, I want to make clear that I was AFK during most of the things were said in the chat, so I couldn't give any proper verbal warning. When I came back, things were, in my opinion, already too far. From my perspective, all the things you typed in chat are worthy of classifying your behavior as harassment. Also, according to my way of thinking, "around 9 or so insults in the chat" is taking things too far. So that's why your acting is towards the harassment more than just common trash talk.  I can understand that the behaviour of the other people answering your messages wasn't the best to make you stop doing such things, however, I don't feel like you should have listened to them, since they were also probably sarcastic, just like your statement.

image.png.73dd6fc54377ad79a79772e6c88724b3.png

image.png.374b62aaaf43ef92dda104d3c31b35f6.png

image.png.b7525b056cb90033cfab9bb10361989d.png

image.png.b5c48af88458ebe5322ad2c919afb5f6.png

Downtime is known to have RP relaxed rules. Nonetheless, these messages weren't RP at all, in fact, they were typed in (ooc) and still, it would have been considered as ERP if they were roleplay by any mean. 

As for this,

51 minutes ago, Gungo Pau said:

"ours are laid out clearly" Clear my fuckin ass.

I don't like how you do an appeal and ruin it by saying this. In my opinion the rules are pretty straight forward and you can't miss them since they appear on your screen right when you are completely loaded in. If you had any question about them, you could have just asked people for clarifications, before writting such things in the chat.

39 minutes ago, Roulette said:

yeah ok. "laid out clearly". In the ERP section of your rules lies this: Statements such as "Suck my dick", "Fuck me" or "I will fuck your mother" do not apply. These are considered standard trash talk. This could lead to a harassment punishment if taken too far. at the end you say "if taken too far" that statement is up to interpretation from anyone's perspective. You do not provide an example that is too far so that begs the question "what is too far??????" obviously blatantly cussing out and harassing someone is too far but gungo over here simply said stuff that would be considered trash talk as per YOUR OWN RULES: Statements such as "Suck my dick", "Fuck me" or "I will fuck your mother" do not apply. These are considered standard trash talk. and at no time did he EVER receive verbal warning or told to stop and keep in mind me and gungo are both new players so IMO and most likely anyone that isn't a suck up to your staff team would consider this ban unjust. fix your rules dont leave stuff up to interpretation or shit like this will happen. all i have to say is if this is how you treat new people who actively want to play on your community then i feel bad for anyone else who ends up in our predicament. we most likely wont be coming back so dont even bother unbanning gungo...... just let this be a lesson to your management team.

I'm sure our management team will take notes 🙂

In conclusion, I think what you're doing here is trying to critique our rules/guidelines, and not actually trying to defend your case.

Edited by Durif, lover of poutine

"I only dropped around 9 insults or so"

So you admit you were harassing people...? I don't understand the point being made here. 

Sorry you both have decided you won't be coming back, but toxicity has no place in the community. Anyone is welcome to be here, as long as they remember that the point of playing GFL CWRP is to have fun with the other players. Not everyone has to be friends with everyone, but it should go without saying that statements made with the full intention of putting someone else down are not okay. 

If you find another server that does allow this, by all means spend your time there, but regardless that is not us. 

This Ban appeal has been DENIED. I do like your comment saying we should take notes. I have noted that you are both immature and take no accountability for your actions. Buh bye 😘