Neon Cat

Thoughts on the role purge (+ potential changes/reversals)

So pretty major update for anarchy, quite a few things got removed. I think it was mostly a good change, especially because we got id disguiser back 🙂

But anyway, I agree with removing most of the roles, only one I have a real problem with is bulwark. Bulwark was fine imo, it was pretty simple for a "boss" role, but that didn't make it any less fun to play as or against. There were quite a few counter strategies, and several strategies to use as bulwark. In my opinion bulwark was fun, and that removal should be reversed.

Mad bomber and necroheliac I am fine with being removed, bomber was just annoying as fuck and necro wasn't really interesting whatsoever.

Now, moving on to stalker and lookout. I am fine with these 2 being removed, but I would like to say that the weapons were fun to use. I would like player cam (and maybe wall cam) to be added to det shop, and the stalker tracker should be added into traitor shop.

Mercenary was fine I would say, though I get that for some it could just be a worse traitor. Since the only good thing about it is that it has detective shop too, not everyone wants to buy det weapons so for those people its just a base t that is forced to use a credit on armor. I would say an easy fix to not make it blatantly worse than traitor would be a slight damage buff. Nothing too powerful, just 1.25x or something. If it's too powerful with that, the starting armor could be removed. But a damage buff is good for any player, whether or not they want to buy detective weapons. (I meant to make this one of the shortest suggestions buy its actually the longest)

OK, last but not least. since we removed kobold, we need to replace it with... THE CHEESE STEALER!!!

🧀🐀

NeonCat(2).gif.2714539153eb7163f372ea5b400ea8bb.gif

Mad Bomber; Based toss, it didn't do what was intended and became spam

Stalker/Lookout; I could see keeping lookout but tossing stalker but I don't think Lookout really added enough to the game. Not at all meaningful gameplay tbh.

Kobold; I'm sad but if it were more consistently functional it'd be well liked.

Merc: I fucking hate this role and I'm glad it's gone. It's core function is just to weaken the already weak ass innocent team, and it just carved a path of destruction through our rules. (Remember the AWP/M82 fiasco)

Bulwark: I'm glad it's gone, was very deathmatchey and didn't really fit any social deduction stuff. I think Doomslayer is just better overall, even though I'd yeet it too.

Necroheliac: If it's name could be simpler I wish that it could be kept. Having more inno roles is nice, I don't really know why we yeet passive buff inno roles like Necro and Skirm, but at least we don't have to deal with dead sex jokes anymore.

Various Shop Items: Honestly? Honestly. I'd like a big ole shop rework. I think we could use one, but that's probably because I have too many hours in the server.

2 minutes ago, Anathema Device said:

Various Shop Items: Honestly? Honestly. I'd like a big ole shop rework. I think we could use one, but that's probably because I have too many hours in the server.

shop rework +1, as I said like 69 times in general, we need an sk shop rework at least. For one thing, social deduction should be the point of anarchy, and chaotic roles should be rare (even most chaotic roles should be able to work without instantly revealing themselves), and I think that sk would do a lot better with more stealth items. wallhack isn't gonna help you too much when the whole fbi is knocking on your door

Posted  Edited by zurenea - Edit Reason: :]

never played kobold but im glad nobodys going to make me uncomfortable by saying they want to do it to it now

Edited by zurenea
:]

Achievements

14 hours ago, Neon Cat said:

shop rework +1, as I said like 69 times in general, we need an sk shop rework at least. For one thing, social deduction should be the point of anarchy, and chaotic roles should be rare (even most chaotic roles should be able to work without instantly revealing themselves), and I think that sk would do a lot better with more stealth items. wallhack isn't gonna help you too much when the whole fbi is knocking on your door

yeah give all evil roles more stealth based weapons or tools. allow them to be able to completely throw off the innocents suspicions (when played well ofc) so that fps/deathmatch skills arent as important as evils

professional necromancer

i would like to see merc and bulwark come back, and im not exactly opposed to having mad bomber return as well. necrohealiac was an interesting gimmick but it was basically an inno that would *maybe* have 50 more health. im happy about kobold being removed and adding id disguiser bad in. stalker and lookout were interesting and i liked having playercams on people but i rarely ever used the camera due to it being unable to be moved and taking up such a large portion of my screen, as for the stalker, because of you holding the pistol differently you would be instantly given away holding it out and trying to use it to any keen observer, so im ok with stalker going and will only slightly miss the playercam

I'm ok with these changes, although if I had to add one, I'd add Pirates. Fucking hate them. They're literally an RDM role, and they can be quickly forgiven once the Captain pulls out the contract. It's one thing to be killed by a T during a round like an SK round, but to be RDMd by a pirate, and the other innos/Traitors don't do shit because they pull out a contract, it's a big FU to you. To me, either Pirates need to be removed, or changed.

1 hour ago, DodoMans said:

necrohealiac was an interesting gimmick but it was basically an inno that would *maybe* have 50 more health.

tbh I would rather have skirmisher back, it's ability was rarely used but at least it gave the role an incentive to seek out traitors and kill them, rather than just sitting in a corner and slowly gaining health

9 minutes ago, Wolffe021 said:

They're literally an RDM role

I mean fair, but technically if a pirate kills someone and then gives someone the contract, you are still allowed to kill them. also they have a 60% damage reduction while uncontracted, so its not too hard to kill them if they attack you

1 hour ago, Neon Cat said:

I mean fair, but technically if a pirate kills someone and then gives someone the contract, you are still allowed to kill them. also they have a 60% damage reduction while uncontracted, so its not too hard to kill them if they attack you

I mean, yes, but IDK, I feel like they're also useless. No shop, just a neutral RDM role that can pick a side. 

3 minutes ago, Wolffe021 said:

I mean, yes, but IDK, I feel like they're also useless. No shop, just a neutral RDM role that can pick a side. 

true, tbh I would like to see them gain a small buff that is dependant on what team they are contracted to (maybe armor for traitor team, nothing for innos :(, damage buff for jackals, wallhack for sk, etc.)

1 hour ago, Neon Cat said:

true, tbh I would like to see them gain a small buff that is dependant on what team they are contracted to (maybe armor for traitor team, nothing for innos :(, damage buff for jackals, wallhack for sk, etc.)

See, THAT would make me love Pirates. And maybe, MAYBE, a bigger damage reduction, to make them WANT to contract with someone rather than stay uncontracted and kill. 

3 minutes ago, Wolffe021 said:

See, THAT would make me love Pirates. And maybe, MAYBE, a bigger damage reduction, to make them WANT to contract with someone rather than stay uncontracted and kill. 

true, only thing I would say about a bigger reason to become contracted would be that it would punish base pirates if their captain isn't giving out the contract. maybe make the captain switch if he doesn't give out the contract after a certain time period?

Posted  Edited by dmitric419

I just got back into gfl again because i had life to deal with, I didn't expect a big thing to happen so i just gonna give my thoughts on the changes since i was gone.

Kobold= I thought kobold is alright, but what sucks about him is the about how many weapons on the maps made it impossible or too easy. 

Bekwark= ehh i don't really care him removed

Mad bomber= He was alright role, Everyone just spammed him instead using him smart i always thought.

Necrohealic= he was only nice because we got another innocent role.

stalker + lookout= Lookout was just out right not fun, sometimes laggy for some players, stalker is just the lookout fakeout, it's just defective but for lookout.

Edited by dmitric419

Just a gamer and helpful person.