Lynns

bowlingenjoyer07's TTT Rotation Mute/Ban Appeal

Name: bowlingenjoyer07

Steam ID (or steam profile link): 76561199081260310

Banned by: Kettermelon

Ban Reason: "Consistant RDM, rule breaking,trolling, and showing no intention of playing"

Why should you be unbanned

So,I figured I should address the racism first, and I have to say, I hate myself for it. Im sure ive lost some friends on discord because of it. I regret alot of the things I have done in the past. I know the only thing I can do now is try to make up for it.

Onto the RDM,I dont know what to say about it besides that ive mostly stopped,I dont know how to prove it,and I know this isnt a good defense,but theres not much I can say about it

While i can't remember what exactly I banned you for, i do remember you had been doing it consistently across maps. You where not really a fun dude to be around on Rotation and you aren't really making a case for yourself here. Generally appeals for perma bans can only happen after a year and yours has only been roughly two and a half months. Asking for an early appeal after the way you acted isnt really ideal here. However since we've given second chances before I'm willing compromise with a limited unban. You'd be able to play but you'd still be muted/gagged. Prove you can be a decent player on the server and the gag/mute can be discussed.

Ultimately its not my choice, Im just throwing out a suggestion for Alpha and Keira should they decide to unban you.

kat.png.309b68b377e0f8438a3520f5959a56d0.png

Achievements

Generally appeals for perma bans can only happen after a year and yours has only been roughly two and a half months.

From what Alpha said to me,I thought i would be able to appeal nowimage.thumb.png.52b3715fa171331dccf7c5cc278a6b58.png

On 8/1/2022 at 8:17 PM, Kettermelon said:

Generally appeals for perma bans can only happen after a year

special cases happen, evidently my knowledge on certian topics is outdated. Regardless I still feel like this is an early appeal. A perma ban isnt something you brush off, its permanent. It does not expire unless appealed. Its also not something we hand out like candy, if you've acquired one then you've done enough to deserve one. A little over two months is essentially the second stage before a perma ban only longer. I recommend taking some time to reflect on the type of person you want to be before trying to jump back into a server thats already going to have a very close eye on you if you do get unbanned.

Achievements

However, if you do feel up to the task of redemption, then a good way to start is to acknowledge what led up to your bans and show remorse for your actions. Showing that you understand why you got banned and that that behavior is unacceptable goes a long way in proving your dedication in changing for the better. Just appealing with the empty promise of "ill do better" doesn't get you very far. Be thorough and go more into detail why we should unban you.

Currently your infraction list boasts quite a few gags/mutes for slurs, not just for racism. Acknowledge all sides of your wrong doings and as best as you can detail how you plan to do better. That will go a long way in getting this appeal accepted.

Achievements

My problem is that i dont know how to do better besides stop,as for the racism,i did think about taking a photo of me holding up a blm sign or something like that,but im not sure.

Hey bowling, I guess in consideration to what we're looking for you to discuss on your appeal, I'm going to be listing many of the infractions that ultimately led to our decisions.

Mass RDM (Week ban)

Harassment in PMs (Warn)

R-word (mute/gag automated system)

Loopholed R-word in chat (Mute)

Attempt to bypass your mute through alternate account (Permamute)

Harassment of other players, writing loopholed racial slurs via paintball gun (Warn on alt)

Drawing swatstikas with a paintball gun (Warn)

General bigotry, trolling, disrespecting/disobeying admins, and loopholed banned words (Month ban)

Prop surfing (Warn)

Racism in Jihadsounds (Warn)

Jihad spamming (Warn)

Consistant RDM, rule breaking,trolling, and showing no intention of playing (Permaban)

Stuff such as the Mass RDM ban and Prop surfing warn I include because they led to further scaling of your infractions and a larger list of infractions. Stuff on your alt also were considered given that some of the actions you had done on there were not good. 

Obviously as you have mentioned, there is only so many times that you can keep saying that you'll stop to do better, and obviously that is what we're expecting you do in the case this appeal is accepted. However, I do think it is important to acknowledge what was your thinking behind each action that led to each infraction listed, as it'll help you come to terms with being a better person on the server. Like why choose to harass someone in their PMs? Or why continue to use loopholes around our mute/gaggable words and drawing swatstikas on walls? Just stuff like that I would like to understand why you did.

Like why choose to harass someone in their PMs? Or why continue to use loopholes around our mute/gaggable words and drawing swatstikas on walls? Just stuff like that I would like to understand why you did.

At the time i did most of that i did it because i thought it was funny.

• 2 weeks later...

Final question, how would you say you have grown as a person since? 

Ive stopped finding racism funny,partially because theres someone i know on discord that acts like i used to act,and it made me realize how annoying it is.

How would you prove to us that you wouldn't fall down the same path again and break the same rules?

I dont know how to prove it

• 2 weeks later...

Alright bowling/Richard Nixon, after some deliberating we've decided to unban you. However we are a little hesitant about your behavior in text-chat so the permamute will remain, but can be appealed for in a much later date with good behavior. You are still free to talk on mic as I believe you were never permagagged. And likewise with the good behavior, you will be on a tight leash, so if another high infraction ban is to occur, it will likely be permanent again. 

Hopefully these terms are understandable, and so I guess I can say that this appeal has been accepted.