dentsmasher

I Made A Thing

This sounds corny to me, but I've always liked using my hands to make stuff—I work in manufacturing as a machinist now and I'm working on a degree in enginerding.

Here's a picture of a bead-glove I made several years ago. (Can you guess what kinds of interests I had in high school based on this photo? haha...)

Post something you used your hands to make if you wanna share. Or just talk smack. I can eat more ipecac that you. Fuck with me.

needs work.jpg

They don't think it be like it is, but it do. — Oscar Gamble

Cool idea!  Is it suppose to be iron man glove 😮  forgive me if I got it wrong, but the red.

I guess I'm kind of corny too I like to try lanyard patterns.  Felt like I posted it once, but I can't find it haha.  I think the bead one is creative looks tough to do a glove.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/464531990780313600/1006962595657424896/20210812_185215.jpg

Speaking of ipecac, I made this clay figure of Isaac from The Binding of Isaac with my grandfather last summer. I'm not an artist, but I did my best. Doesn't look as good as I'd like, but I don't hate it.

“I was so good at being a kid, and so terrible at being whatever I was now.”
― John Green, Turtles All the Way Down

Achievements

@Joshy
I don't think I intended to make an iron-man glove, but it does sort of look like that, right? I just like red/yellow/pink color schemes. I also started (but never finished) a second glove that was made of mostly blue/purple/green beads.

Yea, of what I can remember, there are two kinds of stitching patterns in this piece. One is called a "3D base stitch" and the other is called a "peyote stitch". I'm pretty sure there are tutorials online about it if you're ever interested in learning or trying. It was pretty challenging to make and it took a looong time to get it to that point. (I spent several weeks making it, and I'm not sure how many hours I put in to it.) I must have about 60$ worth of craft supplies in this thing lol

@Duc2000

I've never played that game but it seems like it'd be my kind of thing. This is only somewhat related, but I played Undertale a good bit a few years back.

I've never made anything with clay before, always wanted to try though. My mother has done stuff with ceramics and stained glass in the past. I'm sure I'll dabble with things like that in the future when I have more wiggle room with my time/budget. Being a student and working full time makes it kind of hard to do stuff like that.

With that said, I've still found some time to follow a YT tutorial on building an 8-bit computer out of breadboard circuits. I justify spending my time on that project because the principles translate pretty directly to my vocation and future education goals.

They don't think it be like it is, but it do. — Oscar Gamble