Neon Cat

Bodyguard (no not that one)

READ THE POST BEFORE CLICKING THE POLL  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Add the bodyguard?

ok so people were talking in the discord about bodyguard, so I came up with an idea for bodyguard. imma try to make this short, lets see if it is.

basically this is an innocent player that gets to select any player to protect. whoever they select will be told who the bodyguard is, and the bodyguard has to protect that player for the next minute, after that you will be able to select a different player. if the player dies, you get a cooldown before you can select someone again, and you get a damage reduction until you do. if the client you selected happens to be evil, you will not be told, but if they die (or you kill them) you will not get a damage reduction, and you will be able to immediately select a new client. if you successfully protect a client, or an evil client is killed, you will regenerate 10 hp per second over the next 10 seconds. the bodyguard also gets a regenerating force field (the one currently in det shop), and it gets 60 body armor.

NeonCat(2).gif.2714539153eb7163f372ea5b400ea8bb.gif

9 hours ago, Anathema Device said:

I like this, but I like the idea of a themed shop role more.

Stuff like the Nokia and Bruh Bunker just to be super guardy and defensive

thing about nokia and bunker is they are meant to protect you, though it would be cool to get some weapons you can use to protect someone else. maybe if it got a shop, it should get 1-2 credits every time you successfully protect someone

I think rather than their being negative side effects for a client dying there should be a focus more on benefits for keeping clients alive for the allocated time. Like a brief damage buff, having a radar like sense that shows the location of a single traitor for a period, being able to track your next clients murderer (if it happens) with foot prints or a special DNA scanner, or even having a shop and only gaining credits when a client is protected.

These would feel much better than being punished, especially considering if your client gets killed, chances are you're the next one getting offed.

5 minutes ago, kit848 said:

I think rather than their being negative side effects for a client dying there should be a focus more on benefits for keeping clients alive for the allocated time. Like a brief damage buff, having a radar like sense that shows the location of a single traitor for a period, being able to track your next clients murderer (if it happens) with foot prints or a special DNA scanner, or even having a shop and only gaining credits when a client is protected.

These would feel much better than being punished, especially considering if your client gets killed, chances are you're the next one getting offed.

a damage reduction is a fairly small nerf for an innocent role (probably just 25% reduction), I mostly just added it for an incentive not to just let targets die. I also am keeping the 30-45 second cooldown before getting a new target after one dies, because it just seems fair that you shouldn't get a new job right after failing one (just like how exe works). tracking the murderer of a client somehow is a bad idea imo, since the point of bodyguard is meant to be that you stay near your client and you DON'T let them die, so even if your client is killed you should usually know who did it anyway. as I said in my previous comment, I decided a shop would be a kinda cool idea and suggested credits for protecting clients, so I think that will be added if I (or someone else) makes this.

Posted  Edited by kit848
2 minutes ago, Neon Cat said:

a damage reduction is a fairly small nerf for an innocent role (probably just 25% reduction), I mostly just added it for an incentive not to just let targets die. I also am keeping the 30-45 second cooldown before getting a new target after one dies, because it just seems fair that you shouldn't get a new job right after failing one (just like how exe works). tracking the murderer of a client somehow is a bad idea imo, since the point of bodyguard is meant to be that you stay near your client and you DON'T let them die, so even if your client is killed you should usually know who did it anyway. as I said in my previous comment, I decided a shop would be a kinda cool idea and suggested credits for protecting clients, so I think that will be added if I (or someone else) makes this.

Yes, I do think however, giving debuffs to roles, especially a damage reduction feels awful and would make people rather just be innocent.

In general, giving something positive is more fun and rewarding than punishing

someone for playing 'incorrectly'.

Edited by kit848

Posted  Edited by Neon Cat
5 minutes ago, kit848 said:

Yes, I do think however, giving debuffs to roles, especially a damage reduction feels awful and would make people rather just be innocent.

In general, giving something positive is more fun and rewarding than punishing

someone for playing 'incorrectly'.

fair enough, but one of the reasons I think a damage reduction would be good is so that the bodyguard isn't too powerful after their client gets killed. the bodyguard is already a very powerful role, having protective shop items and heavy body armor. so if someone goes up to a client and kills them, thats on the bodyguard for letting that happen. so the bodyguard shouldn't then be able to use their op gear to just murder the person that killed their client, instead they should try retreating, maybe deploying a force field, and calling a KOS on their client's murderer. in my opinion it just makes for a good weakness for the bodyguard since it is already so powerful.
EDIT: also, forgot to mention, I do think its not a terrible idea to have a larger damage reduction but for a shorter time. so like if your target dies, you get a 60% reduction but only for 10 seconds (the 30-45 second cooldown before getting a new target still applies though).

Edited by Neon Cat

4 minutes ago, Neon Cat said:

fair enough, but one of the reasons I think a damage reduction would be good is so that the bodyguard isn't too powerful after their client gets killed. the bodyguard is already a very powerful role, having protective shop items and heavy body armor. so if someone goes up to a client and kills them, thats on the bodyguard for letting that happen. so the bodyguard shouldn't then be able to use their op gear to just murder the person that killed their client, instead they should try retreating, maybe deploying a force field, and calling a KOS on their client's murderer. in my opinion it just makes for a good weakness for the bodyguard since it is already so powerful.
EDIT: also, forgot to mention, I do think its not a terrible idea to have a larger damage reduction but for a shorter time. so like if your target dies, you get a 60% reduction but only for 10 seconds (the 30-45 second cooldown before getting a new target still applies though).

Fair enough if they start with stuff, I was going with the idea they would just start as pretty much a normal innocent, that's my bad for misunderstanding 😄