Nabandonne

Sub-Traitor Roles, more Sub-Inno roles, Neutral roles and a new third special team.

Sub-Traitor Roles

Forger - Has the ability to change the results of a corpse to whatever they please, either to make themselves or another player appear more innocent/trustworthy. Maybe can do this two or so times.

Ambusher - This role has the ability to set up instant-kill traps wherever they please. They get to choose between three traps, one for the ground, one for walls and one for ceillings/roofs. They may only place a single trap per 60 seconds.

Blackmailer - Can prevent one person at a time from speaking/using text chat by using a pistol, sort of like how the Lookout places a playercam on other people. Wears off in 15 seconds or upon players death. Encourages silent kills.

Thief - When behind a player, the Thief can steal either a credit or an item currently carried by another player, aside from role specific items.

Sub-Innocent Roles

Anarchist - The Anarchist has access to a special shotgun that shoots exploding pellets that can launch props or players. Has immunity to flames and is granted a molotov.

Medium - Has the ability to communicate with the deceased. However, they must be right next to the body of the deceased player and be holding a special item and attaching the item to the body. The body must be less than forty-five seconds old, and they can only speak for fifteen seconds. They can only use this item three times per game before the item breaks.

Psychic - Upon a Detective's death to another player, the Psychic receives a vision that gives the names of three different players, one of which killed the Detective.

Neutral Roles

Werewolf - As the name implies, this role would be announced to the public and have a Werewolf player model accompanying it. The Werewolf, starting off would be relatively weak in comparison to roles such as the Hidden and the Doom Slayer, having only one-hundred twenty-five health and sixty armor. This role would be unable to use any firearms or weapons, apart for special claws given to them, which can lock onto a player and do a pounce attack that allows them to jump from player to player if they are in a nearby crowd. However, this role would grow stronger with each kill, instantly consuming the corpse of a killed player, in a Glutton sort of manner, and would grow faster and more dangerous. They would snowball quickly, and therefore would have a cap of 275 health and a speed cap of 1.6

Guardian Angel - Given the goal of protecting one random player (which will be referred to as their Charge) each game and winning with that player as long as they are alive, no matter what team, this role has several special abilities to protect its Charge, including a 'Purge' ability that fully heals their Charge and cures them of any negative effects, (i.e poison from a poison dart gun.) They also have an healing aura that can slowly regenerate their Charge's health and give them various small buffs that last for 10 seconds after leaving the aura. (slightly faster speed, continued regeneration).

If their Charge is a role that respawns, then they can still win until fully/completely dead.

Sorceress - A Master of Spells and Hexes, the Sorceress has the ability to bewitch objects, able to slam them around like a manual poltergeist, blast players with lethal plasma bolts, go through walls and doorways when holding a special item and reanimate dead corpses into fast zombies.

Devil - A neutral role, this role has special interaction with various roles who have the Deal with the Devil shop item, with the Devil gaining the abilities and items of whoever made the deal. The Devil is then shown to the player who made the deal, and they are on the same team from then on, either until they win or another player makes a deal. The Devil is a randomly chosen player from any team and is not granted to any player upon round start.

New Team, The Coven

As opposed to the Traitor team having base traitors, this team, known as The Coven, has several different roles with their own each unique component and abilities. They would be a team that spawns as opposed to normal Traitors, though is rarer or maybe only is used during certain days/weeks. I doubt this team will get added, but I like witchcraft so.

Druid - Starting off relatively simple, the Druid role has access to several mystical powers, including a powerful fog that deals AOE damage, sort of how the silent-hill map damages players who wander to far away from the main area. The fog would be smaller in nature, but be enough to block an area off and provide a tactical advantage to this team. Another weapon/ability they have would be a two-use explosive wand that could work as a damage-dealing discombobulator. An optimal use would be using it in groups of players to move them apart.

Medusa - As in Greek mythos, Medusa was a woman with the ability to turn people to stone with a simple glance. This version, while similar in concept, requires the use of a special item in their hands to turn them into stone. They are stoned instantly, and after five seconds of being stoned, will die instantly.

Witch - As the leader, they are granted the same abilities as the Sorceress, though now has a team to coordinate with. As such, when the Witch is in play, the Sorceress won't be, and vise-versa.

Jinx - This role is a sort of variant of the unused (and poorly made) Cupid role, able to link players together and die together if the other one dies. They do not change teams, and if one of the connected players kill each other, the link is disabled and removed.

Plaguebearer - A spreader of disease and pestilence, the Plaguebearer's one objective is to spread disease from player to player. The players can then spread the plague among other each other, and even to corpses. Upon all living Non-Coven players being infected, the Plaguebearer receives various stat bonuses and can see all infected players. Has unique interaction with the Plague Doctor, who can cure the plague by being near them and sees infected players.

Botanist - The Botanist uses vines to hold players in place, attack them or set traps that can make them easy targets for their teammates. They can also use a special plant-based item to heal their teammates.

Yours truly,
The Cruel Shark Lord, Nabandonne.

Going to go through these in order.

Forger:
I like the idea. I had this idea floating around for a while, main issue is that it would probably require a custom UI if they're able to change any and all details on the body, and a lot of custom code + ensuring everything works fine with other roles that interact with dead bodies.  Limiting it to just adjusting DNA would likely be easier, but also a lot lamer and potentially more overpowered.

TL:DR good idea, requires an active dev to make it though.

Ambusher:
Feels a bit like it has too much overlap with existing Traitor items, such as the Slam. Plus instant kill traps sound really annoying if they're invisible. if they're visible then this is essentially just the Slam as a traitor role.

Blackmailer:
We had this actually, but the role with the effect had massive bugs, such as the mute effect carrying over between rounds if the person with it didn't die. 100% down for it, as we literally had it and only removed it due to bugs.

Thief:
We were discussing this as a rework for a neutral role that already exists, called Thief, who will win the round if another team would win. This would be added ontop of it but as a downside forcing the Thief to actually be active during the round instead of just camping somewhere. Never went anywhere though. 

Outside of the rework though this does seem like a fun idea!

Anarchist:
I dont think we should be encouraging Innocents to prop kill, and im not a big fan of "innocent who gets a special better gun". The workshop Molvo is also infamously overpowered, exploding with the radius of a gigantic ass bomb.

Medium:
I like this, SO much better than the other medium role that exists currently. I would maybe increase the time to a minute though and make this a Detective role of some kind.

Psychic:
I also really like this, even if its a bit more on the passive side. Oracle was similar but had an issue where players could just instantly copypaste the Oracle message proving themselves Oracle instantly which lead to a lot of issues. I think this could work if it found a workaround for the Oracle problem.

Werewolf:
From what i gather That kind of melee weapon is difficult if not outright impossible to code into gmod/TTT without being incredibly jank and getting stuck in walls a lot.  So sadly not feasible.

Guardian Angel:
I like this idea, so much better than the old bodyguard. Absolutely love it and fits my desire to have more interesting Neutrals.

Sorceress:
I like the idea of manual poltergeist, but the role described as it feels like it has way too much going on at once.  I feel like the Plasma bolts part could be removed. Fast zombie Revival would be heavily dependant on if a map had nav nodes for them to properly function, but it would likely be fine regardless.

Main concern is amount of Dev work to code the Manual Poltergeist, + ensuring it is actually fun to use and not a pain in the ass to control.

Devil:
Not a big fan of "Someone gets their role swapped due to shop item' and would cause a lot of issues with communism + deal with the Devil rounds. Feels a bit similar to pirate too with the potential for rapid team swaps. Interesting conceptually but I feel like in practice it would be a bit lame or frustrating.

Coven Team:
Covering this concept as an ingeneral team. TTT2 doesnt let you block the T team from spawning in a round. Having these guys spawn in with the T team might be a bit overwelming especially as theres nothing stopping unaffiltated neutrals from spawning as well. I heard it was impossible to make roles force another one to spawn, but I've seen addons claim to do it so im uncertain on how true that information is.

A way it could work would be similar to Pirate where there is a chance for additional members to spawn instead of Guaranteed. 

Druid:
I love this idea, but the Fog brings up concerns. Particles tend to be super hard on Framerate in source and Fog is a particle + they tend to suffer from lag issues hard, especially with hitboxes. I believe this issue could be addressed though so its not a big deal.

Medusa:
Feels a bit like another Instant kill weapon. Bit unclear on the 5 second of stone thing too. Does Medusa have to be actively looking at them for the 5 seconds or does it happen regardless? Are they muted/quiet while being stoned? Whats stopping a mEdusa from rapidly spinning in circles with the item out and mass killing everyone?

Witch:
See my Coven mention, Sorceress could work like "Pirate Captain" does in this case.

Jinx:
I like this one so much more than Cupid. Could even work as a normal neutral role. i feel like the Jinxed players should be told about being Jinxed though to avoid cheap deaths.

Plaguebearer:
Wait a fucking minute i posted this exact fucking idea before im sure of it, as a replacement for Marker minus for Plague Doctor Interaction.

Botanist:
Sounds like a more interesting version of Ambusher, and I like this idea much more. Still requires a lot of Dev work to make since this would need some custom models as well so might not be currently feasible.

i don't like the forger since i generally dislike stuff that messes with the corpse mechanics

making corpse info unreliable is a HUGE nerf for innos, since gathering info from bodies is basically the innocent team's main ability in the game

the ambusher just seems annoying since it's not fun to instadie randomly with no counterplay, it's basically the "click to explode" kind of boring traitor traps except now they can be anywhere

blackmailer sounds funny, i'd use it just to shut people up when theyre too loud

anarchist seems overpowered if it's as powerful as it sounds like, it's also another inno role that gets instantly proven (surv, lookout, pharaoh, priest all being easy to prove already seems too much to me)

kinda too lazy to read the neutral roles maybe later

7 minutes ago, wget said:

anarchist seems overpowered if it's as powerful as it sounds like, it's also another inno role that gets instantly proven (surv, lookout, pharaoh, priest all being easy to prove already seems too much to me)

It saddens me that this is the first time i've seen someone else on these forums use my same complaint of "Gets instantly proven as Inno". 

All fair points. I just like thinking of this stuff.

If plague bearer was also an idea you suggested my mistake I didn't mean to infringe on your copyright. 

I am happy that most of the roles are good. And if Sniffer is removed, the Medium role would probably be a very good alternative. 

Yours truly,
The Cruel Shark Lord, Nabandonne.

40 minutes ago, Cpt.Haxray said:

Forger:
I like the idea. I had this idea floating around for a while, main issue is that it would probably require a custom UI if they're able to change any and all details on the body, and a lot of custom code + ensuring everything works fine with other roles that interact with dead bodies.  Limiting it to just adjusting DNA would likely be easier, but also a lot lamer and potentially more overpowered.

I could do an edit of this https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1473581448

main changes would be making it consume a corpse for ammo (similarly to the serial killer's corpse launcher), and maybe changing its ammo consumption if it's a bit much

45 minutes ago, Cpt.Haxray said:

Medusa:
Feels a bit like another Instant kill weapon. Bit unclear on the 5 second of stone thing too. Does Medusa have to be actively looking at them for the 5 seconds or does it happen regardless? Are they muted/quiet while being stoned? Whats stopping a mEdusa from rapidly spinning in circles with the item out and mass killing everyone?

effect could be achieved with this: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2485445398

weapon-wise, it acts as a laser beam that builds up petrification on someone, once it's full it kills them and turns them into a statue (which prevents the body from being identified)

Achievements

14 minutes ago, Nabandonne said:

All fair points. I just like thinking of this stuff.

If plague bearer was also an idea you suggested my mistake I didn't mean to infringe on your copyright. 

I am happy that most of the roles are good. And if Sniffer is removed, the Medium role would probably be a very good alternative. 

Nah, i was mostly joking about the Plague bearer thing kek i did 100% have smae idea tho.