Nabandonne

Ares Shrike requires a nerf/total removal.

Far too powerful in close quarters and even mid-range battles, is pretty much just a straight upgrade of the other ground LMG. There is no point to having any shotgun over this weapon, as the kill time is basically the same and has more range than any of them aside from the Detective shop shotgun.

Pretty much becomes just a point and click adventure game when holding this weapon on some maps, as all one has to do is move their mouse while holding M1, and most players won't run out of ammunition by the time the round is over/they die.

Yours truly,
The Cruel Shark Lord, Nabandonne.

Just now, RealUberZ said:

The ground shotguns in general are shit and need some sort of buff.

True. The Taurus and the M3 primary especially. Taurus isn't even a one shot headshot up close, and the pump action shotgun is weaker than the semi-auto so no point in picking that up either.

Yours truly,
The Cruel Shark Lord, Nabandonne.

i think the ares shrike is fine, it has a gigantic spread that makes it easy to counter by just moving away (the same counter for shotguns), but i can see why people think it's overpowered

it's a 2-shot headshot and sometimes you get lucky and quickly kill someone with two random headshots

and when you get killed like that it stands out a lot more from the times when you get sprayed with so many bullets from the ares without dying

comparing it to m249 isnt really fair since it's a meme weapon

though generally i think the automatic weapons kill way too fast, when did you see anyone choose the vanilla m16/mac10 over the other automatic weapons?

i do agree that the shotguns are relatively weak choices, especially on most maps where you'd prefer to have the automatics or snipers for fighting in medium-long range