Infra

[Announcement] Change to the Directorate & a Statement Regarding GFL's Previous Owner

Posted  Edited by Syntax

Reading this entire shitpost I had a question repeatedly coming up in my mind: If the founder of GFL can get banned within the span of six or so months after handing over power then does it not mean that people that 'do not belong' to the inner circle or in superficial terms 'staff' can get banned just as easily or quicker? Cringe. Absolute cringe. It's either you're following the narrative i.e sucking dick or getting banned if your interests do not align. gamers wanna game tho (sounds cringe i know), so I totally relate to any labels that he used in the form of 'relaxed' and such to describe his community. 

Edited by Syntax

Achievements

21 minutes ago, Syntax said:

Reading this entire shitpost I had a question repeatedly coming up in my mind: If the founder of GFL can get banned within the span of six or so months after handing over power then does it not mean that people that 'do not belong' to the inner circle or in superficial terms 'staff' can get banned just as easily or quicker? Cringe. Absolute cringe. It's either you're following the narrative i.e sucking dick or getting banned if your interests do not align. gamers wanna game tho (sounds cringe i know), so I totally relate to any labels that he used in the form of 'relaxed' and such to describe his community. 

>founder of gfl begs to be banned

>founder doesnt get banned

>founder makes threats to basically ruin the whole community if not banned
>founder gets banned

(obvious gross oversimplification)

syntax: yep, because of this i keep thinking that if people don't belong to the inner circle they will just get banned just as easily or quicker. follow the narrative (suck dick) or get banned!

Try harder, man. His ban is so obviously not about any inner circle narrative you love to peddle. If you're not chill with staff or directions that staff/GFL take that doesn't mean you'll get banned, that is never the case. There's so much more to this (or any other case that leads to high-profile peoples bans), did you even read/watch?

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: 

Posted  Edited by Sir_Ross - Edit Reason: Removed a period before an open parentheses

My main problem in all this is that this community is going in the same direction that I saw IceFuse go in when they first started with their silly “constitution” years ago. We are becoming too bureaucratic. Unironically: the bureaucracy is expanding to maintain the expanding bureaucracy

I love this community, but it shocks me how disjointed it is. A) We have staff that don’t play games and B) our gaming community itself is more of a loose confederacy of various games servers.

A) I have been part owner of a Minecraft gaming community since ~2014 and we have tried branching out to other games in the past, but the general trend of our community has been a slow shift from a close-knit Minecraft community into a very large Discord friend group. I have no issues with GFL becoming more of an online community (if that is what we want) and not necessarily a gaming one, but I doubt that is the direction we want to go.

My perspective on this is not entirely portrayed in the above paragraph as I was more trying to make an anecdote and use a logical extreme to stir up some deeper thought in this discussion.

B) I used to play a lot of Counter-Strike: Source on GFL servers in 2016. I also played a lot of GMod on GFL in 2016. Where they were both very much styled as GFL, the structures of the servers were very different. 
In recent years, I feel GFL has become worse in this regard. It seems like the only things we still have in common are bans and money sources. The way we have our higher management set up is so detached from the games that bridging gaps seems more like a game night gimmick than a serious effort.

We really need staff that play more than one server and have more overlap in our server friend cliques so that people actually play other GFL servers. It comes off as really half-assed when we just host servers upon a small contingent of players who will keep to themselves (no I don’t have examples, I am just trying to remember stuff from half a decade ago).

In recent years, events have been the only way we’ve found to keep CSS ZE alive, but it gives a lot of insight. All the games we play have a lot of passion behind them, but we need something more than one-off game nights to bring people to play on other servers. I have found, in my experience, that there are a small handful of beloved people in communities that draw a following when they play different games.

In 2014-2016 on HoE, that person was KevParasite. If he went to a server, most of the server would follow. If we try to convince the small amount of charismatic members to try different servers every once in a while, I’d bet we would heal a lot of our wounds in our community.

In the end, I will still advocate for the best for this community given what it has done for me in my life, but I can’t guarantee that the community is even the same one I was helped by years ago. I see this in how the culture of our various servers have diverged to the point where we have to change the way we speak on different servers in the same community (just look at my most recent ban :P). We need to chill out and try to be more open to cultural merging rather than the culture war we are in that will end when one is eradicated.

Edited by Sir_Ross
Removed a period before an open parentheses

CSS server Host - CSS Server Mieten - VeryGames

Me not logging in for quite some time just to read this without having any knowledge what happened because i was told by former gfl members and enjoy the drama

moe-rejects.gif

25 minutes ago, Anathema Device said:

I feel like this post has gone way past the original intent and people are just airing their greivances about ZE being different at this point

I feel like you completely mischaracterized everything I said.

CSS server Host - CSS Server Mieten - VeryGames

3 hours ago, Anathema Device said:

I feel like this post has gone way past the original intent and people are just airing their greivances about ZE being different at this point

Yeah, think the post has run its course - locked

Discord: Infra#0001 | Steam: /id/infra- | GitHub: /1zc

Executive Director & CS:GO Division Leader          

Server Manager of CS:GO KZ

image_10.png