Infra

[Announcement] Change to the Directorate & a Statement Regarding GFL's Previous Owner

2 hours ago, willywilson said:

Additionally you sound condescending throughout your whole post and don't seriously address any of my criticisms i.e. why not try to keep admins happy, or just generally relax with the stringent rules and let servers be more independent (again meaning less administration). So to conclude, get off your high horse you boring bureaucratic prick. 

My intent seems to be misunderstood, which is my fault. I was not trying to be condescending nor was I even trying to "address criticisms" (it isn't really my place, I'm not server staff nor do I manage them (or anyone)) - I simply explained a few things about your POV that don't really make sense from my POV (NiDE & Syndicate VS GFL operation (different sizes), "weird color names" not playing on servers (they don't need to)) while trying to nudge you into doing something that has a greater chance of bringing about change you want to see (suggestions).

This is not sarcasm at all: if you have better ideas, please do post suggestion topics, or even come to council meetings. I can guarentee you that they get viewed/attended by and engaged with by more than just "weird color names".

I accept prick but not bureaucratic. You have no idea how I operate or what I push for! Prick 😉

I know that if I respond to your other points mods/people above me will get mad so I'm going to leave it there (on this topic at least).

Contact me here or on Discord @Liloz01#9857

For help with anything Forum related: 

23 minutes ago, Liloz01 said:

My intent seems to be misunderstood, which is my fault. I was not trying to be condescending nor was I even trying to "address criticisms" (it isn't really my place, I'm not server staff nor do I manage them (or anyone)) - I simply explained a few things about your POV that don't really make sense from my POV (NiDE & Syndicate VS GFL operation (different sizes), "weird color names" not playing on servers (they don't need to)) while trying to nudge you into doing something that has a greater chance of bringing about change you want to see (suggestions).

This is not sarcasm at all: if you have better ideas, please do post suggestion topics, or even come to council meetings. I can guarentee you that they get viewed/attended by and engaged with by more than just "weird color names".

I accept prick but not bureaucratic. You have no idea how I operate or what I push for! Prick 😉

I know that if I respond to your other points mods/people above me will get mad so I'm going to leave it there (on this topic at least).

Hey man, that's my bad, I'm sorry, but hope you have a great day, I don't know you too well but this wasn't a great introduction lol and just jumped the gun. I do appreciate your letting me know how to pursue change. I probably won't do it, but never say never and thanks. 

Hey, posting this from the other side! I just wanted to show my perspective on some things, without causing any harm. Originally, we were just going to let the forum post stay up for a while and let people voice their thoughts, and of course we knew some people would think about this more thoroughly. WillyWilison and Vauff made really good points without really knowing what's going on and I'm really happy that someone took the time to look more into it. I believe the term poaching is also being blown out of proportion. The LBG community wasn’t initially ‘poaching’ members, everyone that came to LBG were either banned or were following Roy. The people that left were just sick of all the drama and realized how GFL was run around nepotism. Most people just hate the Council because there's usually just one opinion from everyone and/or some people just said they never really got the help they needed.

Spoiler

NB1WBqvgmht_gY6BriozyOgfQngJXT5B12zNhUccWMd4YLA1ZMuBgvh49YvEG36xBMqImVKp9Dj6Zdbmf9KCqfRIFk6z4BmwOlSBSaKSzq8IYdj4UrO3aPkWdQV-CMA_KUUzEMUeLS3pmr_ndtWp0-eFcZR3Gmzb-jFHCJqjaAj2oYYO4NqkEgBSxA

OW43WLggv8K45xq6GtrHYoIb5mgTSTWqZIQUApyhUryvVetsJ7p7or54Cn8VVUhR_Ei0N6hnEdy6mMWEPJa8RoGu74s2b1pUXpN1JimNjnQ6j7IQVio7sqU06qzenXeplVtCb-LvCQ945kGxCCMhQ-ltMwxGsVIP8ApBMHQ3rcsBavFAVOMoseiV-w

What I don't understand is that you guys say we are poaching members and don't even take into account why people are leaving? Again Gfl is much bigger then LBG, why would people wanna help out with such a smaller server? Have you guys ever considered and stopped for a second to see the real issues? Then again we aren't even offering people much, the other day we had someone join LBG from GFL, Infra decided to dm them stating why they felt uncomfortable that they were working for LBG. Asking if he would be opposed to him asking if he can resign from us. We never had an issue if LBG staff are also working for GFL staff. We do think it's a user's choice, plus it's a gaming community. If someone wants to work in one or more communities for the fun of it, let them! Obviously as long as there’s no malicious intent. There's nobody really in the power to do that even if they wanted to. To my understanding Fafy and only Roy could, and both don’t have any intentions to harm GFL besides the incident this thread related to.

Spoiler

7JAmrNnB524Qg8Vzx-mls4QzTtI-1pUuD5d0MApvTkci67rOhDTAtfkIVw5zsHsl9aWUz8AkcpBMoFJ9gm_hoKPvjv8Re75ygx-u2uLA3fxhld5yvmN5UGjoAWxkvJTdnXPF8c5PXijtv7k1PwA7c7BDueX559Ho0k3Yzmo6wlpUDgv1MgGBVxWcQA

About Roy, It's not my place to tell you how to think, or to forgive him of course. Again, you guys know him, he was your friend, a partner, just someone you could talk to. Have you stopped to consider why he lashed out? Personally, I just think how disgusting it was for Infra to even say he wanted to end ‘’Roy's career’’, but again using your own logic, you were mad in the heat of the moment and didn't really mean what you said.(I also kind of find it hypocritical that you say that because Roy was also emotional during the stuff he had said too along with being very drunk and high). I know what he did was still fucked up and again, it’s okay for people to not want to forgive him after what he did, but I just want to show both sides have both said something shitty out of emotions.

Talking about Benroy being friends with Roy, even knowing what Roy has done, showed Roy as a concerned friend. We are talking about defamation here, this is just taking a step out of GFL. The fact you guys never gave Benroy any closure. While infra was going off on chat about who leaked to Roy. Benroy was genuinely scared to speak out, he had to tell aurora! Im just saying that it fucking sucks that he was scared for something like that. It's a gaming community, people! The dude basically doesn't wanna be in any community now. He just wanted to be a part of something with people he enjoyed talking to. It sucks that he can't even voice his opinion just to get backlashes from people he considers friends.
(I know you also recently just added this screenshot, but I don’t think people even saw this, because it was recently edited)

Trying to explain Roy's emotions through the whole thing, the dude was obviously very intoxicated and emotional about everything. Roy seeing GFL, and taking closer looks at how toxic it was, and felt like he was losing everything he fought really hard to grow, obviously he would lash out. Roy spent so much money on Gfl, the dude practically ran it as a kid. He didn't like where GFL was heading and did things he shouldn't have done.He felt pretty shitty how his old community was trying to restrict his growth in his new community.

I'm just saying if Roy really wanted to, he could have just deleted GFL and gone along with it, if he really wanted to he could have just taken all the money. Just saying during all that Roy still owned GFL as a business entity. Technically now, there is no paperwork that Roy has given ownership but I believe they are in the process of this? I'm not saying this threateningly, I'm just saying if he really wanted to he would. Everyone says things when they are emotional, that's just human nature, you guys basically took one huge negative thing he has done, made it public, and want everyone to think of him that way.

There’s also been a rumor spreading that Roy is hiding all of this, that he never owned up or tried to come back to make amends, but he doesn’t want to go back to that toxic and emotional mindset where he was drunk every day (he’s over two months sober IIRC). And he has been open with everything he has done and he made a Google doc nearly two months ago, tagged @ everyone in LBG on what he has done during that time, also told aurora to show people from gfl, but it seems not many people received the document until this thread was made (at least some Technical Administrators and Server Managers). He dmed me personally about it as well and I truly believe he is sorry.

Spoiler

Y8NCox5XUA_ZCqpeeLzh3HtC_dJ5t9MZLwiAuNB3gRdBoJFdaVp-KGIA-xkWGuRyVr9TKgVEDUmWhPAPF08z-2X1NdmXZ8q5buWXMPc_N1qAayaPlYMir2jrd1hLBmQbG5itl9dWbFvnwtclK9Adn0lPdbeFIuIOsGaxvndDZiJPATLjZCOG6paoIA

(The doc in question)
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZoRvRhwCkjo2l7IE_gNo3Fnw8mBBbdwDdgqV1orEdxM/

(I know it was on this forum post, just didn’t think people has read it since its at the very bottom, doesn't hurt to post it twice)

Spoiler

E7nSNJp_OiBn6oiNDqoeXPayN7Hz4xM6hl7ovhr9EseGuEOZVK8Av_fCAgl1dPURE_37L-euJoXfYN52OuLqnsrNyf8FvVbimBfNB17PL-Y9wewk7uq4RAwMak1K4Aoa9wdL76yLGHk8WPWGZxPIHMDwrVEl0yavExX5HjsRbQJIshDRZSijz5epUg

At the end of the day you can’t really fix anything that has happened, I understand how traumatizing or how it affected other people, I’m just asking for a second of everyone’s time to understand the other side. Again everything happens for a reason.

(ps infra I think your a cool person, no negativity towards you, nor anyone else)

Posting this all anonymously because it's just what we all think, not just one person. Also like benroy, very scared 😁☺️

Anyways, regardless of this post, I do hope both communities can finally move on after this and there won’t be anymore major conflicts like the Roy incidents and threads like this. I think I can speak for all of us that this drama is annoying and both communities should just go their separate ways.

DRUMROLLLL PLEASSSSEEEE (End Scene)

24 minutes ago, lolman265 said:

If someone wants to work in one or more communities for the fun of it, let them! Obviously as long as there’s no malicious intent.

I have made it explicitly clear to the person you are specifically talking about that the reason we are reaching out is because of association with people that have been proven malicious, not because they are malicious themselves. I explained what happened, he explained what he wanted, and he said no - that was respected and the convo ended there. Stop trying to spin this like I forced anything, nor did I ever make any implication that they were going to do anything malicious. Feel free to ask them for an entire transcript of our conversation if they're comfy sharing it, I'll show you a part of it for now, dunno if you saw it already:

image.png

And I know people left because they were unhappy with how much we can support them. For example, I know a few people over there blame me for Rust being shut down for the final time, stating that they should've been given the reigns instead. I agree with that, they definitely deserved what they wanted for the amount of love and effort they put into it over all that time - but the reason that decision was made was because I simply didn't want to repeat a major past mistake that killed Rust before: not being able to give it the help it needed, even if we did solve our previous performance issues. I saw it coming, and I knew even if we tried, it likely wouldn't have worked out. I guess that raises an interesting perspective to it: if I left it up and repeated the same mistake, it's a problem, but shutting it down is also a problem. It's a lose-lose situation and I don't blame them for hating me for it. All I can really do about that is learn from it and plan things better when we pursue stuff in the future.

The same thing can be said about a few more situations. I can't provide everything everyone wants, and sometimes all I can do is compromise. People will naturally want to leave after that and it's not their fault. Again though, if we really thought every single person was malicious and/or poaching, everyone involved would've been banned ages ago - but that's simply not the case.

26 minutes ago, lolman265 said:

but again using your own logic, you were mad in the heat of the moment and didn't really mean what you said.(I also kind of find it hypocritical that you say that because Roy was also emotional during the stuff he had said too along with being very drunk and high).

I never said I was in the right whatsoever for what I said, hence why I apologised. I have no excuse for it: it is absolutely on me and is a fucked up thing to say, regardless of whether I was heated or not. No one should be saying shit like that, especially someone that represents GFL - it's completely unacceptable on my part.

I fully understand Roy was heated. But don't call me a hypocrite, at least I didn't walk around saying shit like this when I've messed up: 31c0d.png

I would compile every single time he has said this, but I won't because I'd be spending far too much time on it.

32 minutes ago, lolman265 said:

I'm just saying if Roy really wanted to, he could have just deleted GFL and gone along with it, if he really wanted to he could have just taken all the money. Just saying during all that Roy still owned GFL as a business entity. Technically now, there is no paperwork that Roy has given ownership but I believe they are in the process of this? I'm not saying this threateningly, I'm just saying if he really wanted to he would.

This is false. He is not involved with GFL in any capacity. We spent months isolating him from the community and all access purely for this reason. He no longer has access/ownership of the accounts GFL relies on, and we're not having this type of thing even potentially repeat itself again, whether he intends on it or not is completely irrelevant.

And btw, saying "he could've and still can ruin y'all but he didn't, so he's not malicious!!!" is a horrible thing to say. Do you have any fucking idea how terrible Aurora felt about the situation? I literally trimmed out the entire section of that video at the end of the call where we're in tears about it. But nah, no one else except Roy is allowed to be passionate about GFL and care about its future, how dare people have feelings and want to protect something they're passionate about! Actually horrendous thing to bring up as a talking point, the fact that this is even a talking point speaks volumes, especially after seeing the shit they say in their management chats about us. I have no shame in admitting I was scared of Roy hating my guts (and acting on his hatred) over something I was literally singled out over hundreds of GFL staff at the time, especially when the people he surrounds himself with say stuff like this about us:

dcc9x.png

I excluded this entire part from the thread because it will sway people's opinions. But nah, how dare all of us care about GFL, actual pieces of shit. Would someone please think of Roy's feelings instead of caring so much about this community!!!!!

As for Benroy, I think it is no secret I felt terrible about it. I seriously doubt he meant harm, it was probably just a lapse of judgement, happens to everyone. No one needs to tell me that, that was already my thought process to begin with. The only reason he was decided to be not allowed on staff again is because that is standard procedure for something on this level. If it were up to me, I wouldn't have done the blacklist part, not afraid to admit that knowing other staff are going to message me about this. But we can't do that because it's not the right thing to do, regardless of whether I like Ben. The reason I didn't message him and insisted Aurora do it after he came forward was because I know he probably has a different conception of me, and I honestly do not have the mental capacity to message an old friend asking about why he thinks that about me a certain way now. I've been through a lot lately and I'm just too much of a pussy to face that - I'll admit that knowing people will clown me for it and that he will probably see this.

Finally, I am not answering y'all ever again past this point, because while y'all keep saying "let's move on!", you keep coming back. The reason I don't want to talk to the other side is because there is no point to it when everyone is highly opinionated about it on either side, we'd all just be running around in circles. The point of this thread is not for y'all to "respond" with your take on anything, we're well aware mistakes were made on our end too, that's why all of it is on this thread in broad daylight - the way we approached the entire situation from the start could've been better, the way we handled transparency throughout the entire thing could've been handled better, the way I handled my emotions could've been far better: the post was made to put it out so everyone can form their own opinions. A lot of bad judgement and a lot of lessons learned for everyone, of course forbidding that this ever happens again. For the last time, please, leave it at that. Thanks.

Discord: Infra#0001 | Steam: /id/infra- | GitHub: /1zc

Executive Director & CS:GO Division Leader          

Server Manager of CS:GO KZ

image_10.png

not poggies 

💖Mama💖                

quen.thumb.png.d2079eaebb4befd14772bbb7d99681b6.png

bro what did he do? It starts of cordial, and then in the middle the tone suddenly shifts to "he did unforgiveable things"???? Was it the server thing where he had a breakdown and got drunk? Is that all it took to get you guys to ban him? Or did he do some more heinous shit? I would be more upset with the admin who made the steam files private rather than an admin having a temper tantrum. Please I need to know what it is that he did.

This forum stuff is weird but here I am.

On 9/9/2022 at 6:23 AM, Auralanity said:

I'll give tldr for people who don't want to read...

○ Benroy got demoted for leaking council chat. The leak was of the expressing of airing all of Roy's shitty decision making through his rough departure in GFL. And this is the reason this thread was aired now (along with being in the making already( 

○ Roy went crazy through a drunk (ish) rage and threatened GFL through hijacking PayPal if he wasn't banned (along with being an asshole to higher ups in the process).  This was unwarranted because the higher ups attempted to maintain friendly terms with Roy, even when Roy made his own community and got some GFL staff to join. 

○ Roy is now permabanned for his abborant behavior and Benroy is blacklisted and demoted from staff due to his leaking...

○ A couple of GFL staff got yeeted for actively sabotaging or mishandling user information. Not for joining another community, despite the popular belief. 

○ GFL higher ups are gamers for how they handled the situation with Roy in a professional manner despite the shit they got from him.

Keep gaming!!

Thank you so much for this excellent summary.

PoorWDm.png?width=360&height=152

Posted  Edited by hdscorpio
1 hour ago, Rigo said:

bro what did he do? It starts of cordial, and then in the middle the tone suddenly shifts to "he did unforgiveable things"???? Was it the server thing where he had a breakdown and got drunk? Is that all it took to get you guys to ban him? Or did he do some more heinous shit? I would be more upset with the admin who made the steam files private rather than an admin having a temper tantrum. Please I need to know what it is that he did.

My man there's a whole thread full of responses outlining what's happened, the most egregious in my opinion is threatening GFLs PayPal account which jeopardizes the entire community. That would've led to all the servers going down, which is effectively the same as just deleting them anyways.

He also asked, begged, to be banned. Did you even read the thread?

Edited by hdscorpio

4 hours ago, Rigo said:

Use your eyes an read the post 👍

1023626940_forumsignature.thumb.png.6378b8a403e329b9a4bf21267af67896.png
Made by @Clavers

Posted  Edited by positive

Its been a long long time since i've had a thought about GFL, and today it crossed my mind so I decided to take a look.

Well, shit. lmao

Edited by positive

8 hours ago, positive said:

Its been a long long time since i've had a thought about GFL, and today it crossed my mind so I decided to take a look.

Well, shit. lmao

YO WHATS UP POSITIVE