Nursing Home

Remove This Godawful New Sprinting Mechanic

Posted  Edited by Nursing Home

The new sprinting is an extremely noticeable pain in the ass in my opinion. It does two things that completely disrupt gunplay; It makes the player unable to shoot while running and adds an unreasonable delay which makes the player unable to shoot for a period of time. Since the change, I've had situations where I and an opposing player are literally staring at each other for over a second because we could not shoot. I'm not really sure where you were going with this change. Nobody I've talked to likes this change. There was no reason for this change. It does nothing but slows down gunplay and makes the gameplay overall slower than before. I'd honestly rather have no sprinting like regular TTT than this new addon. 

Edited by Nursing Home

i think the mechanic can stay, but definitely needs tweaks such as maybe still allowing people to shoot, just at a heavy accuracy decrease (at least on some weapons) and of course all melee weapons should be unaffected, then of course also shorten/remove the delay before you can shoot.

professional necromancer

Posted  Edited by TechnicallySaney

I would like to hear more of those who are in favor of wanting the change kept on why they believe the change is good/would benefit the server.

Currently there is a lot of discourse in the forums by those who want the change reverted and providing reasoning why, but haven't heard much reasoning by the other side.

Not an attack, just feel like the discussion on the forums would benefit from explanation of the benefits of keeping it, as I feel that hasn't been fleshed out as much.

Edited by TechnicallySaney

Posted  Edited by wget

Currently there is a lot of discourse in the forums by those who want the change reverted and providing reasoning why, but haven't heard much reasoning by the other side.

late response but this is really weird since it's pretty much the opposite, it's just strange to say this when it's obviously not true

i've discussed a LOT why i think the changes are good both here and on the discord server but most of the complaints are people just finding something to blame for dying in-game and coming up with really bad excuses for why the sprint rework is bad (sprint animation looks "goofy", supposedly can't shoot while moving even though you still can, etc)

i've only really seen actually reasonable arguments from you and a lot of your criticism has been helpful with improving the experience with the rework

it sucks that very few people actually bothered to engage with the discussion productively

idk if i'm just out of touch but the way people acted so weirdly emotional about this, some even resorting to harassing and sending death threats to the server managers, is just incredibly embarrassing

i know this community has a lot of teenage players but i did not act like this when i was 15, this is just so deeply embarrassing

On 10/25/2022 at 12:12 PM, DrippyDogNuts said:

idk if it's correlated but the server has been pretty consistently dead since it was added, at least compared to usual.

this was another ridiculous excuse against the sprint rework that i found just so baffling

the server has been having low playercounts for weeks prior to the sprint rework being added, obviously because a lot of players are busy with school

and this is even more ridiculous when you see that playercounts have stayed the same even after the sprint rework has been removed

Edited by wget

Posted  Edited by DrippyDogNuts
On 10/30/2022 at 11:37 PM, wget said:

coming up with really bad excuses for why the sprint rework is bad (sprint animation looks "goofy"

u gotta admit that animation did look kinda goofy lol

Edited by DrippyDogNuts

Fart